Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 5, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #3,091 of 6,783
Mod your can...n reread your own post... N see if u feel the same.
The drumming driving me NUTS!

You were already nuts...so nothing much has changed.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #3,092 of 6,783

Philippines. That's the problem, I don't know how long will he (my friend) respond to my email.

I don't think they will sell out that fast.  Wait a couple of days for his response...if he does not answer, I can buy them and send them to you.  Keep in mind that shipping to other countries costs around $60, so I don't know how much you will end up saving (Mikros costs around $70 + $60 = $130).

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #3,093 of 6,783
I went from nuts ..to NUTs!!!
Ok..need a break from this..go baby my he6 :)

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #3,094 of 6,783

I don't think they will sell out that fast.  Wait a couple of days for his response...if he does not answer, I can buy them and send them to you.  Keep in mind that shipping to other countries costs around $60, so I don't know how much you will end up saving (Mikros costs around $70 + $60 = $130).

Oh, thanks for pointing that out! $135 isn't really that bad then. I think I'm gonna stick with the buying services here as I don't have a credit card to pay you but thanks! :)

Enough of this problem of mine sorry for the OT. So, anybody here listens to progressive/extreme metal (The Faceless, Blotted Science, Periphery, The HAARP Machine, Soilwork, etc.)? Thanks!

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #3,095 of 6,783
  Unless they have a naked martin logans headphone at hand, they can't top it :p.

If only martin logan made a white version of their headphones...

MANY would buy it I bet..

http://www.harmankardon.com/estore/hk/us/products/CL/HARKAR-CL_HK_US?skuId=HARKAR-CL_HK_US

I mean look at their headphone in white.

It sold out! And it costs 3X the current price of the logies!

EDIT: well..elver proved me wrong with the word naked that is part of my syntax...

Curse you Elver! you deserve a whack!

police.gif

^ Meh white is overrated, and it'll just be soil worse by that *consult previous gif of mine*................. now brown is where it's at.

.... this classic right here is how a real man do dos it alright.  White it for trendy hipsters.

Dude thanks so much, I always get a kick reading your posts, you are one crazy guy, cheers for all my belly laughs !! Oh and I have only 2 pair now, I have given 2 away... so there, and one is still in the repair bin, ML did mail me 2 little screws for the chrome collars on the headband, so I just need to get them fixed... easy peasy. No one likes it if it looks like you are having fun, should be a law to stop those Mik heads,   Damn them Loganites and martinians, I could go on, but Im just being silly

^ Don't encourage this tomtrollery meng, you might just get what you asked for. hoho
evil_smiley.gif

... AND CONQUERED. Glad you enjoyed that i enjoyed myself.
redface.gif

Re: bass..... I still say there's a huge amount of bass!!! And I am a self admitted basshead!

^ BASS SISSY DETECTED!!! LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Ok, so here's the @Lorspeaker ©MikrosHearThruBass mods with a rabbit HOLE size adjustment tweak.

Before:.....

The hole is just a wee bit smaller. I used the double sided tape and just punched a hole through with the small screwdrivers (before attaching it to the driver).

I think this is working very well for me. Still an awesome amount of sub-bass, but just keyed back enough such that I can retain my fillings :)

Question: the top picture is of the left driver. Looking down the rabbit hole, I don't see anything obscuring the hole. Below is my right driver where you can see that the hole is half obstructed. Anyone else notice that?

^ Great work there Masa' WAYNE, keep on fine tuning.
beerchug.gif

Nuts you say

DELETED FOR PG SAKE........

^ D'YAM man don't get all self feely touchy on us now, MY GAWD........

I went from nuts ..to NUTs!!!
Ok..need a break from this..go baby my he6
smily_headphones1.gif

^ Oh dear, i would STRONGLY advice you to put those Chinaman HE-6s away ASAP, cuz ya' know what happened to the last hypa' priesta that had them both.
triportsad.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #3,096 of 6,783
  ^ Meh white is overrated, and it'll just be soil worse by that *consult previous gif of mine*................. now brown is where it's at.

.... this classic right here is how real man do dos it alright.  White it for trendy hipsters.

PRECISELY why it should be white. I said if they want more sales. 
wink.gif
 I never said I would buy it if it were white.

Though to be honest, brown is awesome too. I've seen the re700s in brown done right, the martin logans would make it two times better, but I never had a white headphone or earphone yet, so I can't say it's overrated myself. :p Oh wait, that's why I picked white! because it IS, lol.

tumblr_m5ty5pJgTu1r5g67po1_500.gif
She laughs at brown, look at her white doodle!

edit: yeah  yeah, she has brown hair, and she's in a brown interior, but it is not the point!

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #3,097 of 6,783
  PRECISELY why it should be white. I said if they want more sales. 
wink.gif
 I never said I would buy it if it were white.

Though to be honest, brown is awesome too. I've seen the re700s in brown done right, the martin logans would make it two times better, but I never had a white headphone or earphone yet, so I can't say it's overrated myself. :p Oh wait, that's why I picked white! because it IS, lol.

tumblr_m5ty5pJgTu1r5g67po1_500.gif
She laughs at brown, look at her white doodle!

edit: yeah  yeah, she has brown hair, and she's in a brown interior, but it is not the point!

^ ya' mon she's laughing at ya' cuz white is for girls meng. A REAL man sports that doo doo brown and sports it proudly. Need i make my point anymo' brown.....

..... this right here oozes with manliness.

You like those brown hamburger patties??? Damn skippy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

... dats what a real man likes.
cool.gif

While trendy girly hipster loves to to submissive and be shackled down by dat white........

... you catch where i am going with this??? :wink:

Damn right case closed, back to that closet box of shame you!!! : P

Though i can always make an exception for da ladies in white.......
.... oh yeah white definitely looks A LOT mo' right on dem girls meng.
biggrin.gif

.... i rest my case. :)

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #3,098 of 6,783

^ ya' mon she's laughing at ya' cuz white is for girls meng. A REAL man sports that doo doo brown and sports it proudly. Need i make my point anymo' brown.....

..... this right here oozes with manliness.

You like those brown hamburger patties??? Damn skippy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

... dats what a real man likes.
cool.gif

While trendy girly hipster loves to to submissive and be shackled down by dat white........

... you catch where i am going with this??? :wink:

Damn right case closed, back to that closet box of shame you!!! : P

Though i can always make an exception for da ladies in white.......
.... oh yeah white definitely looks A LOT mo' right on dem girls meng.
biggrin.gif

.... i rest my case. :)

Dang son! You think you'll get away with that?!

Yo, your SCHITT is out of place, you make no sense

here's a mother dandy pa that has the bling

he enjoy white, see his gloves, they splatter all the atrocities of your brown poop, dawg!

You see what these homboys see?!

They see the most beautifully crafted white pair of beyers, that help them become players!

You ain't got enough boy?

Well, here's something for you!

You forget that white was created first, by the pioneers dude!!

White is pure, brown got nothing on this!

Besides

I can't eat chocolate...
frown.gif
 so I have to make do with white choco and headphones!

Besides #2...

The white beats is pop with my peeps. They abuse their money on them whites, which means martin should follow if they want to fill their pot! 
rolleyes.gif

Now don't let the closet hit you on the way in! 

And the lord looked upon these two idiots and their previous postings. He then deemed this  post to be the most idiotic of them all...

:frowning2:

Edit: Can I have those burgers btw? It is enthralling to have two enticing women...especially as they tantalize this dog's hunger..

Add some spice on them buns...

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #3,099 of 6,783
Very fun drumming from Taylor Hawkins, but not nearly the best for me personally. My problem with a lot of Rock drummers is they generally don't have much in the way of dynamics. It's all hard-hitting. Now don't get me wrong, my favourite genre is Alternative Rock.

Neil Peart will knock your socks off, but I can't say he's my favourite. Quite a hard-hitter. Still a  real treat to watch and listen to, though. This man has dedicated his life to percussion far and beyond most drummers - travelled around the world learning the different drumming sounds and techniques of different peoples. Just check this madman and his mad kit out. 

Now Jazz drummers know where dynamics are at. This is one of my favourite tracks for dynamic drumming by Joe Morello. Beautiful recording, too. You can hear the room it was recorded in. If you listen nice and carefully, you can occasionally hear him kind of humming while he plays. Get this one in higher quality of you can. \

Now for my favourite, it would be Benny Greb. His dynamics, experimentation, passion and skill just blows me away. This one sounds FANTASTIC on the Mikros, I must say. It is a long solo that is worth watching the entirety of, but if you're pressed for time watch from about 9:00. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #3,100 of 6,783
My time is coming. Sometime tomorrow, I will officially be a part of the Mikros Hype Club. Thanks @pataburd :p

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #3,101 of 6,783

Not sure what your setup is, but this is the hifimediy sabre dac that I use off of my laptop:

http://us.hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

Apparently there is also a Sabre U2 dac, but I'm not familiar with it.

And here's the C&C BH:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C-C-BH-Portable-Headphone-AMP-battery-AMP-CC-BH-NEW-/261172737290

The only downside with it is that it only gets a measly 80 hours per charge :)

Are there any scientifically proven biological differences between the C&C BH amp in the link above, and the C&C BH2 in the following link? 

http://www.amazon.com/BH2-Portable-Headphone-battery-Version/dp/B00A2QJSBO

I think I might be ordering one.

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #3,102 of 6,783
Neil Peart is on my YouTube favorite now....scintillating..smashing..v entertaining drumming.
Props to u sandwich :)

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #3,103 of 6,783
I think my main issue with Peart is his use of electronic triggers. They really kill the dynamics that come from acoustic drums. Also, I'm not sure why, maybe it's just the sound of the venue or his actual drumset, but it just sounds constricted to me. I dunno, hard to explain. He's amazing, no doubt about it, but not my cup of tea.

I like Benny's philosophy when it comes to drumming - I've watched his Language of Drumming DVDs even though I'm not a drummer. There's a nice video of him talking about and demonstrating his approach here. Insightful and funny guy. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #3,104 of 6,783

Maybe one of these hoarders can give you one of their extra pairs.  

What didn't you like about the Mikros that could be improved with a little modding?   Apparently, some of the lunatics...err...some of the modders have improved the bass, the soundstage and who knows what else.

The sound signature was a bit less warm than I'm used to with my HD650 and ESP/950, but maybe modding could fix that.

This thread moves far too fast for me to keep up, so sorry that I replied to something four pages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back