Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #3,106 of 6,783
wayne, i hav lengthened the felt slightly...now its 6/8inch length by 1/4inch width. 
same position, tuck at the lower end of the cup..same big whackk..just a little tighter.  
Give it a go....enjoying it now...GLADIATORS sound amazing.

Mar 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #3,107 of 6,783
Really digging the Auvio cable with the 90. This is one fantastic headphone. Still not beating the On1, NAD or X1 to my ears, but it's up there in my top four favorites.

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #3,109 of 6,783
Mar 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #3,112 of 6,783
I think I will just use PC volume adjustment to be able to use the mikros on the emotiva for now, as I don't really have any other option (when I receive it).

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #3,114 of 6,783
Doesn't someone wanna do some pad-rolling for these things? I remember the good old fun that was had in the JVC S500 thread with that. I don't have headphones to pull pads from and I don't have spare moola to spend on pads that might not even work out.

That aside, I am at the bottom of Africa and it often takes two months for things to get here. Just last week I received a book that I ordered in NOVEMBER, guys. November. It was a Christmas present for my sister, too 
triportsad.gif
. (Speaking of which, off topic, if anyone wants to read a hysterical Blog (the author of which wrote the book I ordered), go visit Hyperbole and a Half)

wang_yifei on eBay has a lot of cheapish pads (and a few cables... ). Doesn't someone wanna do it? FOR THE MIKROS MADNESS!

I don't suffer terribly with the stock pads, to be honest, but comfort and seal improvement would be welcome. I have ear piercings in my left ear's cartilage that complain loudly after I've worn these and they also prevent me getting as good a seal with the stock pads on that side.

I don't want to order cheapie headphones just for their pads either because it strikes me as wasteful and I consider the amount of waste and throw-away attitude in modern life to be a blight on humanity. *steps off soapbox*

Mmmm, SF.... wasn't old Ghostie a mad-modder with those S500s back in the day? Bring him over to the Mikros side, Troll Master. 

Just for the record, sewn up HM5 pads are off. Way too big. The Mikros really reflect their namesake in their size.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #3,115 of 6,783
I searched this thread and found a couple of comparisons between the Mikros 90 and the V-Moda M80.  The verdict was that the 90 was better than the M80 in just about every aspect.  Is that the general consensus of most everyone?

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #3,116 of 6,783
  I searched this thread and found a couple of comparisons between the Mikros 90 and the V-Moda M80.  The verdict was that the 90 was better than the M80 in just about every aspect.  Is that the general consensus of most everyone?

The M80 looks better, is built better, and has more bass.  The ML wins in everything else, though some may experience sibilance.

Mar 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #3,117 of 6,783
  Because open headphones are, quite frankly, better (yeah, I said it) than closed headphones at everything but bass.

Do you actually believe that the K701 or DT880 is better than the Audeze LCD-XC, the T5p or the Alpha Dog?  If so, do you think the PortaPro is better than the Audeze LCD-XC, the T5p or the Alpha Dog?

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #3,118 of 6,783
  wayne, i hav lengthened the felt slightly...now its 6/8inch length by 1/4inch width. 
same position, tuck at the lower end of the cup..same big whackk..just a little tighter.  
Give it a go....enjoying it now...GLADIATORS sound amazing.

Hey Lors. I was getting too much bass or resonance or something (my ears were getting fatigued), and things seemed a bit congested. I suspect that the leather was the culprit (probably vinyl lol), so I removed it and replaced it with the felt. I also removed the hole-size-reduction mod that I added last night in case the double sided tape that I punched the hole in was causing issues. Been listening for a while now, and it's sounding good! Looking forward to finding some real leather, or getting dynamat and trying out Endcode's mods.

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #3,119 of 6,783
  Doesn't someone wanna do some pad-rolling for these things? I remember the good old fun that was had in the JVC S500 thread with that. I don't have headphones to pull pads from and I don't have spare moola to spend on pads that might not even work out.

That aside, I am at the bottom of Africa and it often takes two months for things to get here. Just last week I received a book that I ordered in NOVEMBER, guys. November. It was a Christmas present for my sister, too 
triportsad.gif
. (Speaking of which, off topic, if anyone wants to read a hysterical Blog (the author of which wrote the book I ordered), go visit Hyperbole and a Half)

wang_yifei on eBay has a lot of cheapish pads (and a few cables... ). Doesn't someone wanna do it? FOR THE MIKROS MADNESS!

I don't suffer terribly with the stock pads, to be honest, but comfort and seal improvement would be welcome. I have ear piercings in my left ear's cartilage that complain loudly after I've worn these and they also prevent me getting as good a seal with the stock pads on that side.

I don't want to order cheapie headphones just for their pads either because it strikes me as wasteful and I consider the amount of waste and throw-away attitude in modern life to be a blight on humanity. *steps off soapbox*

Mmmm, SF.... wasn't old Ghostie a mad-modder with those S500s back in the day? Bring him over to the Mikros side, Troll Master. 

Just for the record, sewn up HM5 pads are off. Way too big. The Mikros really reflect their namesake in their size.

I want to visit S. Africa so much! One day. It looks like a beautiful country and some really nice people. Gorgeous women!

Mar 5, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #3,120 of 6,783
@ Every Logan Mofo here PM SPAM me with all the important links ya'll have stashed up!!! The OP finally replied to my request to update the 1st post with all the updated links if i gather it. I know you'll stashed up some important links just like ya'll hoarded these Logans meng.
wink.gif
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE EATING GUD!!!

SO GO GO GO!!!
popcorn.gif

Lets just say i had a chance to rebuy the X1s for the 3rd tyme when the $150 deal 1st went live but i could not make myself do it. Do i think the Logans are better than them HELLS YEAH, without a doubt. Those X1s i would consider as more FOTM material tbh.

And nah ghostfit wasn't the one with all the ideas for the mods in the S500/ S400 thread. His butt has been MIA for a while here, it was some other guy and it's best not to bring him in here based on his past track records regarding mods and recables tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back