Marshall London - Audiophile smartphone
Dec 4, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #95 of 139
Lots of love for Universal Audio. Best plug-in company out there period.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #96 of 139
Lots of love for Universal Audio. Best plug-in company out there period.

The UA Apollo Twin is the best thing that has happen to my studio. Everytime I plug my headphones out of my phones and into the UA Apollo, its insane how the audio quality changes. I cant explain it, my friends who have the same headphones are speechless when they try there headphones on my UA Apollo.

UA Apollo with UA plugins beats any DAC on the market I dont care if the DAC costs 3400dollars. The magic happens in the UA hardware and software.

The experience is like the headphones gets the real speaker and subwoofer feeling. Its unexplainable.

I bought the Marshall London so I wouldnt miss the UA Apollo so much when Im out. The volume on ML is OK, but when Im back at the desk and listening to UA Apollo I know Im back. Clean sound in the UA way.

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #97 of 139
I havent made a video yet because I still use it and starting to learn the features etc.

All I can say so far, its really nice phone. The front facing speaker is better much better than my earlier phones like iPhone 6, HTC M8, HTC ONE.

I did expect higher volume, but it is loud enough not to blow my ears out :)

It doesn't lag at all. I don't game on it and it is not meant for heavy games. Normal usage doesn't lag at all compared to my lg urbane w150 which has the same CPU.

Accessories are well made braided usb label and normal charger, the in ear headphones also looks really nice.

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #98 of 139
Hello guys I just want to update the thread by telling you that I also bought Fiio x1 and will start making some conclusions and upload the audio files, just give me some more times.

Devices so far:
Marshall London
Fiio X1
iPad Air 2
Macbook Pro 13" 2015 early
IPhone 6 plus
Huawei Ascend Mate 7

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #99 of 139
So, fellas, any new thoughts, reviews or whatnot regarding this bad boy? How does it actually perform as a DAP?

I woke up today, and for some reason felt like ordering this phone, and now it's in the mail. Nothing could ever replace my beloved Cowon X7, but I figured it might work as a good backup. The only thing I care about is how it works as a DAP. Everything else, from the screen, the processor, the apps, the camera etc. are absolutely meaningless to me.

Also got a pair of Marshall Monitor -headphones (on the of the Modes that come with the phone by default) included in the price for whatever reason, so at 449€ I would call it a pretty sweet deal regardless of whether the phone ends up meeting my ridiculous expectations as a DAP or not.

A couple of quick first impressions: a) the phone looks good, sounds good, and is just about everything I expected it to be: a real music phone, that's put everything else second, just the way I like it. Need to do more testing to accurately judge the sound, though. b) the Monitor -headphones I got with the phone seem really good thus far. Also need to do more testing before final judgement, but they also look really good, feel really good, and seem to sound really good, too, if a tad heavy on the bass-side of things for my taste. And c) the Mode in-ears that always come with the phone seem ABSOLUTELY DREADFUL. I mean holy cow, it has been a long time since I heard treble that's this painful to listen to. Metallic overall, even beyond the horrendous treble. Not going to be using these, ever, unless burn-in works miracles, which I doubt it will.

All in all, lookin' good so far. Going to post some more impressions regarding the phone after I get a bit more mileage with it.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #100 of 139
For those who've got a London phone so far, could you possibly answer the following questions for me. Been trying for ages to get answers from Marshall/zound but their support people don't know anything more technical and can't answer.

1. Has anyone tried it with a microSD card larger than 128GB, e.g. the 200GB one that's currently available, and does it work?  Or a microSD to SD extension cable with a high capacity SD card in it?

2. Does it group the artist menu by Album Artist or the track Artist?

3. On the Artist menu, affer selecting an artist does it then drill down into a list of abums by that artist or does it list individual tracks?

4. On the Genres menu, after selecting a Genre does it then drill down into individual tracks, or does it give you an Artists screen of that genre, then drill down into Albums by the Artist?

5. After selecting an Album, does it respect the Disc # tag and therefore arrange tracks by Disc # and Track Nbr or multi-volume sets, or does it just group all the Track 1s together, then the Track 2s?  If it respects the Disc # tag, is there any visual break or gap between the tracks of each disc?

6. Is is possible to edit the current playing now list, e.g. remove tracks, move tracks, and when selecting an item for playing can you choose whether to add to the end of the queue or play as next?

7. When it displays albums by an artist, does it arrange them alphabetically or chronologically by year?

Many thanks!

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #101 of 139
Do you know mid ranger of Vivo mobile called Vivo Y27L has same DAC AK4375 and same specs of Marshall long expect front speaker and  device has 1 GB RAM it cost in India as 10000/- as USD $150. and surprising the BEST audio phone in this price handle FLAC audio upto 24bit 192KHz and as per technical specification this DAC is 32BIT this DAC also using in Vivo X5 Pro and upcoming Vivo X6 high end mobile. it is also 98% metal body and decent design. 4.7 inch but front is 5MP and rear is 8MP. but Android OS 4.4.4 it may not get update but who cares it work very well in HIFI audio that's it. 

Jan 1, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #102 of 139
  Do you know mid ranger of Vivo mobile called Vivo Y27L has same DAC AK4375 and same specs of Marshall long expect front speaker and  device has 1 GB RAM it cost in India as 10000/- as USD $150. and surprising the BEST audio phone in this price handle FLAC audio upto 24bit 192KHz and as per technical specification this DAC is 32BIT this DAC also using in Vivo X5 Pro and upcoming Vivo X6 high end mobile. it is also 98% metal body and decent design. 4.7 inch but front is 5MP and rear is 8MP. but Android OS 4.4.4 it may not get update but who cares it work very well in HIFI audio that's it. 

.... You are in the right place....

May 26, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #103 of 139
May 29, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #104 of 139
Got a favor to ask: How much is it selling in your country? I'm from Hong Kong and this Marshall London is an exclusive product with HMV here, selling at the price of HKD5599, which is around
USD720.88 / EUR648.54 / GBP493.01

I asked coz I've been checking the items selling over eBay last week, and I find the Marshall London price range from HKD2XXX - 6XXX, plus around HKD300 international transportation fee it can still be far cheaper than buying it here in Hong Kong. Somebody from areas where the Marshall London is selling cheap, damn you gotta give me a little helping hand XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back