MalVeauX has got to be the nicest most clued up headphone enthusiast on here, Such a nice guy
Sep 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 59
Bravo!
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #32 of 59
Definitely a great guy and an asset to Head-fi, he helped me out picking headphones initially when I was new on this site.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #33 of 59
Quote:
Uncle Erik, move over........
biggrin.gif

Where the heck has he been lately? 
frown.gif

And while I don't really agree with some of the stuff Mal says and how I've noticed he seems to be rather absolute, I will admit he is pretty helpful.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #34 of 59
Same for me, Been totaly new to audio I don't understand all terms even if I readed a load about it.

But yet MalVeauX and PurpleAngel took time and explained me everything in detail and god know how many question I have.

They helped me start my audio quest and Im really thankfull for this, I came to head-fi thinking leaving happy with a good sound for about 200$ but with all their help I shifted my mind to a 650$ setup (Sorry for my wallet)

My thread where they helped me a LOAD
http://www.head-fi.org/t/627962/need-help-with-closed-can-mostly-for-gaming-movie-and-music-classical-rock-and-metal

So Im gonna order my new devices probably in 2-3 day at most 1 week.

My office Setup (for Music)
Fiio E10 --> ATH-A900x

My Home Setup (Gaming - Movie - Music)
X-Fi Titanium HD --> O2 Amp --> ATH-A900X

I can honestly say that I won't sleep well until those are at my door and my A900X had a proper Burn-in period.

Honestly, A big thanks to them for their help.

Same here when I first joined head fi MalveauX and purple angel and Matt TCG and a few others really helped me a lot. Thank guys. Really appreciated it.:)

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #37 of 59
Smartest guy in the room, very generous with his time and opinions. Mal's recommendation was a big factor in the purchase of my  D5000. I'm grateful for his insight and many contributions.

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #38 of 59
I would like to officially announce that MalV is running for president!! I am stepping up as his running mate. Love ya' Mal. And hey, Ani Difranco rocks man!! Lovin' it!!!

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #41 of 59
He recommended a FIIO E7 telling me its capable of running my DT 990 PRO 250 ohms ... and sadly it isn't .. .everything is still dumb on the 990 PROs out of an E7 similar to when running out a laptop or an ipod for that matter. 

None the less, I have queried with him couple of times before and he always seemed enthusiastic with advising which generally turns out to be help for someone.

he is a friendly happy camper I suppose.. then again an HE-500 will definitely make you a happy camper .. won't it ? 

Regards

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #42 of 59
Mal for #1

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #44 of 59
Quote:
Mal helped me paint my house just last month!!

hahaha!! how come ? cheers to mal .. his headphones & his cigars (briar pipes)

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #45 of 59
He's pitched into one of my threads before, and sure he's plenty helpful, but let's not glorify another man too much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back