For a while now, I am looking for upgrade my computer audio to a next step. I am a beginner in audio world but I have been reading everything I could for two day now. I think I have make my choice on what to buy and I want to know what you guys think about it.
A Little About me
I am also using Inboard sound card and I don't have amp or dac (don't even know what a dac is)
I am a PC gamers always looking for a good experience, When I say gaming its probably not what everyone think, I'm not a big fan of Big Title Name I often prefer some smaller community where everyone is friendly and yet very competitive.
I am watching movies and streaming quite often on my computer late at night and I would like to have good isolation for disconnect from the outside world and no sound leak for don't wake up my wife.
I will also use them in a quiet environment where not disturbing other is a must.
I am listening to music, mostly Piano, Classical, Rock, Hard rock, Folk, Metal.
I also plan on hooking my Cans into my Keyboard once a while for play some song myself.
I like to hear my thing easily, but I don't exagerate on volume, I am also not an heavy bass fan but I do like some bass in movie and gaming just not to much.
I think I have a pretty Big head
The ''best'' headset I have owned
A quite Old audio card I had on my previous PC
Been quite tight with school starting and bill to pay
I think my max budget would be about 400$ Canadian
What I was learning toward
After readed many review and different opinion I stopped my choice on this setup.
Total: 378,48$ before shipping
- Will it suit my need?
- How long before I feel the need of upgrading with this setup?
- Is it worth the Investisement?
- What the Lifetime of those if carefull?
- Will it be more confortable that my old LifeChat Lx-3000 for VERY long sessions?
(I used to have my lx-3000 over my ears for about 19H a day)
- Where Could I buy music that would sound the best with this setup?
- Is there any setting I have to change for make them sound at their best?
- If there something to change, How do I change it?
- I heard the Audio Technica A900 pad was quite bad what Should I do?
- Is it actually Worth changing my audio card or it would make near no difference?
- Would my virgin ears actually ear something different ?
So ya, I think I have said everything I am waiting for your reply and may Head-Fi be sorry for my wallets.
Edited by BillardFan - 9/18/12 at 6:36am