Magni 3 Impressions
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #2,506 of 2,593
I have the Magni 3 and i find it not bad.
It is suffisant for me.I think it.

2 month later i buy the Schiit Vali 2.
Many says Magni 3 and Vali 2 are same.
I find not.When i compare i find the Vali 2 with the right tube is beautiful,more clarity,more details and warmer as the Magni.
I find the Magni have a little more Base.But is to static for me of a side, when i campare it with the Vali.I miss a little bit the Vali 2 have.

But i have the two product from Schiit and can say i love this Shiit.I would not miss it.I am happy to buy it a little peace from Amercian sound.I love it.
The price is good and is not so Problematic as the Massdrop product.
For example the CTH in the rewies many have problems with it.With the Vali no i have it round about 2-3 month and never problems with it.
And cost the half of the price.
The only thing who Schiit is very crap is the transformator.It is powerfull okay but not beautiful.And need many place in the socket.
I find aschiit can it do better,a nother case perhaps.

"i have the two product from Schiit and can say i love this Shiit" - Best one Ive heard as of yet! :smile_phones:

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,507 of 2,593
The only thing who Schiit is very crap is the transformator.It is powerfull okay but not beautiful.And need many place in the socket.
I find aschiit can it do better,a nother case perhaps.

If the transformers doesn’t fit in the socket or prevent other things from being plugged in, try using a short extension cord in between the transformer and the socket, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07877DM1T/ref=dp_cerb_1?th=1&psc=1

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #2,509 of 2,593
If the transformers doesn’t fit in the socket or prevent other things from being plugged in, try using a short extension cord in between the transformer and the socket, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07877DM1T/ref=dp_cerb_1?th=1&psc=1

Oh, WOW! I don't know why I didnt think to add a short extension. I had to do this in a previous apartment, where the place i wanted the fridge to be was literally a foot too far for the cord so i made an extension about 18" long with beefier gauge wire than the fridge. I hate how both my Schiit Magni and Modi wall warts cause me to lose the neighboring receptacle on their power strip so a couple extension cords are in order.

Thanks, for the reminder.

Nov 22, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #2,510 of 2,593
Modi 3: All The DAC You Need. Plug Modi 3 into any virtually any computer with the included USB to micro cable and you're ready to go. - From Schiit Website. Just one wall wart for the Magni 3 is all I find I need. Hope that's ok configuration?

Nov 28, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #2,512 of 2,593
How would this compare to a Garage 1313 Polaris? I had the Rev A Magni and it was a fantastic amp for the price back in the day.

Dec 4, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #2,515 of 2,593
Can anyone compare this to the Garage 1313 Polaris?

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #2,516 of 2,593
I ordered a magni 3 through Amazon to put on my desktop. It arrived DOA from the manufacturer (no sound in one channel). Not too impressed.

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #2,518 of 2,593
Please contact the SChiit support Team for help and result your Problem with them. Maybe they send you a new.
All Rca Kabel from you are okay?Try your Headphone on another amp to make sure are a be fine with your headphone.

Yes, I’ve been doing this for 45+ years, I know how to figure out where the problem is and it was the amp. I opted for a refund rather than be their QC tester.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #2,519 of 2,593

Users who are viewing this thread

Back