Magni 3 Impressions
Dec 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,156 of 2,593
For me he could buy the HE1 and wreck it with a sledgehammer, but that was wasted money was.

Your contributions are very questionable. Please be open to opinions as the Magni 3 even gave gains on a cheap set of IEMs I have. Its a wickedly cheap amp and the performance is excellent for the price point for any use. Thanks :)

Dec 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,157 of 2,593
Your contributions are very questionable. Please be open to opinions as the Magni 3 even gave gains on a cheap set of IEMs I have. Its a wickedly cheap amp and the performance is excellent for the price point for any use. Thanks :)
Not my dear, this is not about Magni 3 because I even intend to buy it, but to drive the HD 598 is an exaggeration, the Fiio E10K or Fulla 2 already has enough power for this task.

Dec 23, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,158 of 2,593
Not my dear, this is not about Magni 3 because I even intend to buy it, but to drive the HD 598 is an exaggeration, the Fiio E10K or Fulla 2 already has enough power for this task.
Like so many comments on Head-Fi...the author pre-supposes to know all the background/context for another member's decisions regarding their PERSONAL audio system.

Going forward, we'll make sure to check on our purchasing choices with you!

Dec 23, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,159 of 2,593
Like so many comments on Head-Fi...the author pre-supposes to know all the background/context for another member's decisions regarding their PERSONAL audio system.

Going forward, we'll make sure to check on our purchasing choices with you!
With all certainty my dear, and before making a purchase that will probably be wasted money remember, come and consult me because I know more than all of you together.

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #1,160 of 2,593
It's not wasted money. When I had a 400i the Asgard 2 was "enough power" yet when trying a Jotunheim balanced I saw improvement. Clear, more punchy layered bass etc. It's not all about being loud, my dear.

Dec 23, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,161 of 2,593
It's not wasted money. When I had a 400i the Asgard 2 was "enough power" yet when trying a Jotunheim balanced I saw improvement. Clear, more punchy layered bass etc. It's not all about being loud, my dear.
Everyone knows that the HE400i needs an amplifier, the HD598 does not, and i bet the improvements you got were minimal.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,164 of 2,593
Everyone knows that the HE400i needs an amplifier, the HD598 does not, and i bet the improvements you got were minimal.
I didn't feel the HE400i "needs" an amp to sound good since its not a headphone that scales much but the choice of using an amp is more to tune the sound. Same with the HD598, to me it sounded better with an amp (hybrid) since it made the harsh treble of the HD598 a little easier to listen to for me but for my ex-GF that I gave the HD598 to she loves it from her MBP laptop.

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,165 of 2,593

Slam was improved, it was also a cleaner amp with a blacker background. I rather enjoyed the improvement. To state no benefit from upgrading or the other assumptions you are making is interesting to me. I'd say each amp has a bit of a signature, at least in my experience. My iDSD is flatter, but has an expansive detailed soundstage. Switching to Magni 3 everything gains height but softens and loses that expanse and sharp detail.

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #1,166 of 2,593
I didn't feel the HE400i "needs" an amp to sound good since its not a headphone that scales much but the choice of using an amp is more to tune the sound. Same with the HD598, to me it sounded better with an amp (hybrid) since it made the harsh treble of the HD598 a little easier to listen to for me but for my ex-GF that I gave the HD598 to she loves it from her MBP laptop.
Your comment only reinforces what I said, and why you fill your mouth to talk about your girlfriends, is that called straight pride ?

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,167 of 2,593
Slam was improved, it was also a cleaner amp with a blacker background. I rather enjoyed the improvement. To state no benefit from upgrading or the other assumptions you are making is interesting to me. I'd say each amp has a bit of a signature, at least in my experience. My iDSD is flatter, but has an expansive detailed soundstage. Switching to Magni 3 everything gains height but softens and loses that expanse and sharp detail.
But the changes remain minimal, and Magni 3 remains a waste of money to match it with the HD 598.

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,168 of 2,593
Lol its his money, chill out. A HD 598 can still benefit from an amp. Whether or not the small improvement is worth it is up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back