Mad Dogs for He-400 worth it?
Oct 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

What do you mean? Sorry I dont understand that question.

I like the Mad Dogs its just I want to try the other headphones to see how they sound and I read many times the HE-400s generally beats the Mad Dogs.

Heya,

Was just trying to see if there was something you felt like was missing from the Mad Dog that made you want to try something else. The HE400 isn't better than the Mad Dog, it's simply that some prefer it. I know others who prefer the Mad Dog to virtually everything they've touched. It's all about finding what sounds right to you. I liked the Mad Dog, I tried it with Stax  pads and all, and it was a very dark, clear, warm, bassy headphone that sounded fantastic. I liked it better than the HE400 myself, simply because I liked the really dark and bassy mood it had, it made me think of a very dark Denon D5000 for example, which I also very much prefer to the HE400. The HE400 is a fantastic headphone, but I like it to be even bassier and I like isolation, so I have different preferences of course.

Definitely try the HE400, it's a great headphone.

Very best,

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 8
Can't agree with malveaux here, my mad dogs just came back from dan fixed and I still think the he-400's are just in another class, same with D5k's. I'm shocked he doesn't think the bass is enough though, it does need EQ to excel, but the 400 responds well to EQ and can get to d5k level bass, just W/O the "rumble in the cups" sensation.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Heya,

Was just trying to see if there was something you felt like was missing from the Mad Dog that made you want to try something else. The HE400 isn't better than the Mad Dog, it's simply that some prefer it. I know others who prefer the Mad Dog to virtually everything they've touched. It's all about finding what sounds right to you. I liked the Mad Dog, I tried it with Stax  pads and all, and it was a very dark, clear, warm, bassy headphone that sounded fantastic. I liked it better than the HE400 myself, simply because I liked the really dark and bassy mood it had, it made me think of a very dark Denon D5000 for example, which I also very much prefer to the HE400. The HE400 is a fantastic headphone, but I like it to be even bassier and I like isolation, so I have different preferences of course.

Definitely try the HE400, it's a great headphone.

Very best,

The Modded T50RP w/Stax Pads are my favorite because of their dark signature and closed-back isolated convenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back