"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Mar 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #4,606 of 6,388
Just received my MDs today and loving them so far.  Can't wait to break them in and open them up (and for my Schiit m/m to arrive to really push them some).  I ordered just before the "Darth" stickers were available, otherwise I would have asked Dan to slap them on there for me.  I looked for it, but couldn't find any video showing how to apply the stickers.  Is the video available yet?  I don't want to order them until I'm sure I can apply them without messing up my shiny new phones!  Thanks!

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #4,607 of 6,388
Got my Vader dogs in today, really excellent quality and finish. The blackout stickers are really the perfect look for this phone, they blend right in and you can only tell they're there if you're looking for them. I took some photos, but its not letting me upload them. Is there a minimum post count for picture posting?

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #4,608 of 6,388
Got my Vader dogs in today, really excellent quality and finish. The blackout stickers are really the perfect look for this phone, they blend right in and you can only tell they're there if you're looking for them. I took some photos, but its not letting me upload them. Is there a minimum post count for picture posting?
NICE profile pic! :D

Mar 29, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #4,610 of 6,388
Quote:

There is a minimum post count or days waited before you can do certain things on these forums, in addition to being able to edit your profile. Something like 10-15 posts or something like that before you can do that.

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #4,612 of 6,388
Some outdoor photos from my mostly meh p&s (sorry for the wait, this message board software is different from what I'm used to 
blink.gif
)

25i68e9.jpg

33f4aif.jpg

v7bb76.jpg

15d6ufb.jpg

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #4,614 of 6,388
With the O2, any input with 2 Vrms or greater would likely clip with the high gain setting.  The high gain setting is supposed to be for a portable DAP, like an iPod.  I believe your DAC is 2 Vrms.

I've actually cut resistors on the high gain setting to make my O2 2.5x or no gain at all.  Default is 2.5x for low and 6x for high.

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #4,615 of 6,388
Quote:

Nice setup you got there. All black errrrthang.

Do you use low or high gain with that O2?  Does it clip or distort at all on high again with the Mad Dogs?

With the ODAC low gain is plenty for everything I've listened to, I also only needed low gain with my Beyer DT990 600 ohms, but the Mad Dogs reach the same volume a couple of "hours" earlier on the knob. With a quick blast of volume at max and high gain with full volume material I don't hear any distortion, and it is (way too) LOUD. I suspect I'll only need high gain for portables, and then only when I really need to bump. It's a killer combo.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #4,616 of 6,388
Quote:
Just received my MDs today and loving them so far.  Can't wait to break them in and open them up (and for my Schiit m/m to arrive to really push them some).  I ordered just before the "Darth" stickers were available, otherwise I would have asked Dan to slap them on there for me.  I looked for it, but couldn't find any video showing how to apply the stickers.  Is the video available yet?  I don't want to order them until I'm sure I can apply them without messing up my shiny new phones!  Thanks!

Kinda forgot... I'll try to post a video tomorrow.  It's super easy, except for the left side, where using a lighter (really) is the only way to get the word "Lock" to not look like a blister...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #4,618 of 6,388
It's a limitation of the USPS online interface to our systems, there's no option for First Class mail to overseas.  I'll look to see what options exist.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #4,619 of 6,388
Some outdoor photos from my mostly meh p&s (sorry for the wait, this message board software is different from what I'm used to 
blink.gif

)

25i68e9.jpg

33f4aif.jpg

v7bb76.jpg

15d6ufb.jpg

I like your setup sir :D
Blacked out tech FTW!

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #4,620 of 6,388
hey ive been off the forums for a good 3 weeks, so Im lost with this whole Vader/Darth Dog phones. Is this a new Dog headphone, a mod, or what? And if so, what is it exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back