"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Nov 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,876 of 6,388
I see... T1, SR125, ER4... all rather "treble-heavy" lol.
I'll keep at the mad dogs for now, hopefully I'll warm up to them even more.

Agreed as well. I've owned the SR125 and the ER4P/S. I did not keep them because for me, the treble was just too pronounced. The Mad dogs w/ dog pads suit my preferred sound sig well. You may or may not warm up to them, but give them a chance. They are a really nice headphone.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #1,878 of 6,388
Does anyone own both a Paradox and Mad Dog by chance? Or at least listened to both extensively in a back-to-back situation (preferably over a few hours at least)? I'm interested in hearing other comparisons before I write up some of my own.

Nov 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,879 of 6,388
Does anyone own both a Paradox and Mad Dog by chance? Or at least listened to both extensively in a back-to-back situation (preferably over a few hours at least)? I'm interested in hearing other comparisons before I write up some of my own.

Preproman wrote this up recently, it is the only detailed comparison I have seen.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633956/the-t50rp-paradox-reviews-discussion-mini-tour-impressions/120#post_8862267

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 21, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #1,881 of 6,388
Preproman wrote this up recently, it is the only detailed comparison I have seen.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633956/the-t50rp-paradox-reviews-discussion-mini-tour-impressions/120#post_8862267

Ah, yes. I'd seen that before. Thanks for bringing that back to my attention.

So you have both? Waiting for your write up :)

Yup, I've had my Paradox since the spring and have wanted to compare it with the Mad Dogs for a long while. I finally purchased a pair when I could get a good deal on them.

I've already made some interesting observations that I think will surprise people a bit.

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #1,882 of 6,388
Quote:
Yup, I've had my Paradox since the spring and have wanted to compare it with the Mad Dogs for a long while. I finally purchased a pair when I could get a good deal on them.
I've already made some interesting observations that I think will surprise people a bit.

Any idea when you are going to write your impressions?
I'm very interested on them too.

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,883 of 6,388
Any idea when you are going to write your impressions?
I'm very interested on them too.

Probably in a few days or so.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #1,885 of 6,388
Quote:
I'm waiting
smily_headphones1.gif

Just go ahead and make the purchase.  All that matters is how the headphones sound to you with your ears, and your music.  If there's a reason that the headphones don't work out for you, you can talk to Dan regarding his policies.  Or, you could easily sell them on the forum here quite quickly.

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,886 of 6,388
[size=10pt]sorry for asking this because i'm sure its covered (probably numerous times) in this thread but... [/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]how do the mad dogs performing without amp'ing? say off an iphone?[/size]

Nov 22, 2012 at 3:05 AM Post #1,887 of 6,388
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]sorry for asking this because i'm sure its covered (probably numerous times) in this thread but...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]how do the mad dogs performing without amp'ing? say off an iphone?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You don't have to go too far back to read about unamped.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #1,888 of 6,388
Quote:

Just go ahead and make the purchase.  All that matters is how the headphones sound to you with your ears, and your music.  If there's a reason that the headphones don't work out for you, you can talk to Dan regarding his policies.  Or, you could easily sell them on the forum here quite quickly.

i would like to but im trying to save up for the ibasso dx100 and should be able to buy the dx100 by january. im also looking at the hifiman hm901, that one should even be more expensive... i really hope the dx100 can drop back down to 700 bucks and be a little more affordable. the sooner i get done with my dap option, the sooner i can save up for something else like the mad dogs. for now, i cant do anything but sit here and wait and read people's reviews
frown.gif

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #1,889 of 6,388
I'm waiting :)

You'll have to wait a bit longer. :wink: I've been talking with Dan, and I think we both feel he needs to double check something on my Mad Dogs. Long story short, the pair I received are somewhat dry sounding compared to my Paradox. I think most people would expect that to be the OPPOSITE of what's expected. And, yes, I've made sure I'm getting a proper seal on my head before anyone asks. :p Dan's been very helpful, and I appreciate his assistance! Here's to hoping I'm not just a crazy person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back