"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Sep 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #1,081 of 6,388
Quote:
I think we need to clearly define what night and day is.  Also to keep things in it's proper perspectives I'm taking about 1. Orthos, 2. portables. and 3. A fully balanced 4-channel B22 which gives you double of everything, voltage, CURRENT witch the orthos loves, and slew.

Night and Day:
Telling the difference from one sound to another sound Immediately.  

When I listen the my Mad Dogs on my B22 I get some of the very best sound these headphones can putout (IMHO)  I then put my Mad Dogs on my iPod and I can immediately tell the difference between the two - Hence: Nigh and Day - *Immediate*

Now If I go from my B22 to my M^3 - No it's not a night and Day difference.  I have to take some time to tell the difference between the two.

Lets use you scenario but alter it a bit.  The HE-6 on a speaker amp is a night and day difference than the HE-6 on a portable.  Same thing applies here. As soon as you switch from one to the other you would be able to tell the difference immediately.  HE-6 on a speaker amp vs. the Lyr you may need some time to tell witch one is witch.  Not *immediate* there for not night and day.

I do apologize if you guys can't tell the difference in something like this.  It's really simple.  Do the test your self.  I have.

The simple clarification of what night and days is clears up the misunderstanding. 

Too many interpretations of audiophile jargon. haha

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,082 of 6,388
I think that night and day should refer to a difference that ANYONE can hear instantly, even one with "stone" ears. After all, isn't it just that easy to tell actual day from night. Even someone blind can feel the sun's rays when they step outside.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,083 of 6,388
Quote:
I think that night and day should refer to a difference that ANYONE can hear instantly, even one with "stone" ears. After all, isn't it just that easy to tell actual day from night. Even someone blind can feel the sun's rays when they step outside.

I agree.  Sorta of the same thing I'm trying to say.  ***Instantly*** is another way to put it.

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #1,084 of 6,388
Couldn't one say it's a Night to Day difference?  Meaning the slow transition from night to day...meaning it's the slow noticeable change in whatever you're comparing. :)

Sep 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #1,085 of 6,388
Well, I think that's great really. If I could get a night and day difference, then I'd shell out the cash for it. Loan me your B22 and let me audition it. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #1,093 of 6,388
Yeah 2. That's not a lot. Also what's the hissing like on the amp, and for people whove used it does it really seem to output about 300 mW per channel at 32 olms? That's a lot for a 129$ amp and wonder how accurate it is. It just seems to good to be true.

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #1,094 of 6,388
Quote:

Too much emphasis is given to amps on these forums. 

Yep. I've said it a million times and no one takes the slightest notice but I always like to support anyone else who says it.

Amps make a difference. They do not make a huge difference. They do not even make a remarkable difference, and certainly not astonishing. In extreme cases they may make a very satisfying difference, but no more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back