"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Sep 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #1,096 of 6,388
Quote:
Yeah 2. That's not a lot. Also what's the hissing like on the amp, and for people whove used it does it really seem to output about 300 mW per channel at 32 olms? That's a lot for a 129$ amp and wonder how accurate it is. It just seems to good to be true.

No offense, but PLEASE do some searching on your own. Mike at Headfonia is a reputable source, he wouldn't lie if about anything fishy, and if he didn't like it, he would say so. He told me (look at the bottom of the review in the comments) that this is the BEST value in amps you can get at $129. He says it's powerful enough to drive up to LCD-2's, and another review says they used 250 ohm Beyerdynamic DT880 and 300 ohm Sennheisers HD600s with it. In that other review, (http://www.head-fi.org/t/568054/review-audinst-amp-hp-portable-headphone-amplifier), it is said that the highs and mids are nice and transparent, and the bass is on the level of the Leckerton UHA-6S.

My point is not whether or not you should buy the amp. Its that if you do a little searching on your own, theres a wealth of information at your hands. And personally, as far as reviews go, quality beats quantity.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #1,101 of 6,388
I know that this has been asked a couple times now, but can anyone give me an idea of how much these leak sound at higher volume levels? I tend to listen to music at high-mid to high volumes and have been looking for a pair of full-size headphones that don't leak sound or leak very little. Have stuck to using IEMs in the office and want to move onto full-size for ease of removal when needed.

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #1,102 of 6,388
Quote:
I know that this has been asked a couple times now, but can anyone give me an idea of how much these leak sound at higher volume levels? I tend to listen to music at high-mid to high volumes and have been looking for a pair of full-size headphones that don't leak sound or leak very little. Have stuck to using IEMs in the office and want to move onto full-size for ease of removal when needed.

I don't think they leak bad at all. 

Sep 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #1,103 of 6,388
Quote:

Almost no leaks... (work in a cube env...) Good passive isolation.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #1,104 of 6,388
Quote:
Any idea, if I ordered these with the dog pads today, when they'd arrive?

From what I know the ones with Dog Pads should start shipping in the next couple of days(Tuesday or Wednesday according to an email Dan sent me last week)

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #1,106 of 6,388
I am receiving enough phones tomorrow for final QA to clear about 1/3 of the backlog.  The next 1/3 will get processed to ship by Saturday or Monday, and the final 1/3 will likely be late next week.

Thanks to everyone for your patience!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Sep 17, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #1,107 of 6,388
Quote:
I am receiving enough phones tomorrow for final QA to clear about 1/3 of the backlog.  The next 1/3 will get processed to ship by Saturday or Monday, and the final 1/3 will likely be late next week.

Thanks to everyone for your patience!

Now THIS is what I like to hear.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #1,108 of 6,388
Quote:
Now THIS is what I like to hear.

I'm sure I'll live to regret saying that before everything is boxed, labelled and at the post office.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back