"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Mar 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #4,471 of 6,388
Thanks for the input. Would you say the MD's are better for jazz and vocals?

i would say yes from the little time I have listened to the the d5000, the Mad Dog is smoother and better for most genres including jazz and vocals.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #4,473 of 6,388
Sounds like Mad Dog to me, can not recommend it enough for being so good sounding.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #4,474 of 6,388
Quote:
Thanks for the input. Would you say the MD's are better for jazz and vocals?

That is exactly what I have found.  Especially with sultry female vocals.

The Mad Dogs also do much better with most classical music.  It may not be a favorite genre now, but if you decide on a pair or MDs, give it a try.  Bruckner's later symphonies sound amazing with the Mad Dogs.

Edit: Trumpets, and generally any soprano horns, are much less fatiguing with the Mad Dogs when compared to the D5000.  The D5000 can be a bit too bright with trumpets, even with the modded version I have.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #4,475 of 6,388
That is exactly what I have found.  Especially with sultry female vocals.

The Mad Dogs also do much better with most classical music.  It may not be a favorite genre now, but if you decide on a pair or MDs, give it a try.  Bruckner's later symphonies sound amazing with the Mad Dogs.

Edit: Trumpets, and generally any soprano horns, are much less fatiguing with the Mad Dogs when compared to the D5000.  The D5000 can be a bit too bright with trumpets, even with the modded version I have.

My main concern is I want vocals and trumpets to sound as natural as possible. I have the HE 400'S but find trumpets sound too smooth and a little bit odd.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #4,483 of 6,388
How much of a step down are these from the HE-500?  I love the sound of the HE-500, but they require me to wear different glasses and they are pretty heavy.

I was thinking about maybe buying Mad Dogs and selling my HE-500...except I don't know how to sell on a classified ad with Paypal....like...at all.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #4,484 of 6,388
Quote:
How much of a step down are these from the HE-500?  I love the sound of the HE-500, but they require me to wear different glasses and they are pretty heavy.

I was thinking about maybe buying Mad Dogs and selling my HE-500...except I don't know how to sell on a classified ad with Paypal....like...at all.

I'm interested to know this too. 

Selling with Paypal is easy. You just set up an account and send someone an invoice. Once they pay it you can transfer the money to your bank account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back