"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #3,721 of 6,388
Quote:
Man, $300 towards the Mad Dogs? Or $300 towards an engagement ring.

*facepalm*

It should not be this difficult.

Ask her to make the decision for you. That should give you an answer lickety split!

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #3,722 of 6,388
Quote:

Oh second bummer, oh well.

The return policy is a great option, but again I would need to sell my HE400 to be able to put an order in for the mad dog, which would ultimately defeat the purpose of auditioning the mad dog to see which I prefer. I would feel terrible had I sold my HE400 for the MD but ended up preferring the HE400.

I'm likely going to have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Mad Dogs soon, so I will definitely be comparing them to my HE-400 eventually.  I think for HE-400 fans, it is sounding more and more like the best closed companion, so I would definitely report back with my opinion for others that may have the same questions regarding the two.

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #3,723 of 6,388
Quote:
I'm worried they'll fall flat, but perhaps I'm underestimating Spider.

From what I've read, their PowerForce headphone is bassy but actually quite good (I'm getting this one also) so I have high hopes! :wink:

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #3,724 of 6,388
Quote:
Man, $300 towards the Mad Dogs? Or $300 towards an engagement ring.

*facepalm*

It should not be this difficult.

If you do go with the Mad Dogs then at least you'll have something to go along with the DOGHOUSE you could be in for years to come, possibly never forgotten
wink_face.gif
  Has to be said

Wait for a birthday present or something  maybe? Unless she says it's ok... even then it could be an unspoken test.
Here's a question . Does SHE have anything like the Mad Dogs?

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #3,725 of 6,388
Is anyone concerned with long term reliability of ear pads adjustment mechanism?
There is copper sliding against plastic, nothing but friction, should get pretty loose over time, I guess.

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #3,726 of 6,388
Just ordered a pair
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #3,727 of 6,388
Quote:
If you do go with the Mad Dogs then at least you'll have something to go along with the DOGHOUSE you could be in for years to come, possibly never forgotten
wink_face.gif
  Has to be said

Wait for a birthday present or something  maybe? Unless she says it's ok... even then it could be an unspoken test.
Here's a question . Does SHE have anything like the Mad Dogs?

I should have seen the "doghouse" coming, haha. Doghouse indeed!

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #3,729 of 6,388
Quote:
Is anyone concerned with long term reliability of ear pads adjustment mechanism?
There is copper sliding against plastic, nothing but friction, should get pretty loose over time, I guess.

I've never seen an issue.  However, there's a simple Phillips head screw to tighten.  I think the more likely cause of it getting looser will simply be the leather compacting a little.  Just turn the screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn clockwise to tighten.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #3,730 of 6,388
Quote:

I've never seen an issue.  However, there's a simple Phillips head screw to tighten.  I think the more likely cause of it getting looser will simply be the leather compacting a little.  Just turn the screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn clockwise to tighten.

Thanks Dan, can you please be more specific on which screw controls the adjuster tension, is that the one that screws comfort strap to the headband.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #3,731 of 6,388
Ok, honest question but with no offense to Mr Speakers: can the Mad Dogs be purchased without the new logos being applied to the cups? 

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3,732 of 6,388
Quote:
Thanks Dan, can you please be more specific on which screw controls the adjuster tension, is that the one that screws comfort strap to the headband.

Silver philips head screw at the ends of the leather...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #3,733 of 6,388
Quote:
Ok, honest question but with no offense to Mr Speakers: can the Mad Dogs be purchased without the new logos being applied to the cups? 

You can always remove the decals.  :)

Feb 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #3,735 of 6,388
Dan

Checked all the info I can for your latest Alpha headphones.....and the only item of concern seems to be for the quality of the original cable (although from your recent video I see you supply short 3.5 and long 6.3). Being in the non returnable UK, just wanted to know if you are able to upgrade the original Fostex cabling if requested? I'm not very techie, to would struggle to fix or replace myself. I'd pay of course....

Thanks...Phil UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back