"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #3,062 of 6,388
Quote:
Does anyone know exactly what it takes to order the alpha pads and replace the dog pads?  Do the dogpads pull off or are they glued?

The Dog Pads pull off, you remove a piece of white foam tape (very simple and obvious once you have the Dog Pad removed).  Then you install the new pads.  Here's the instructions from Dan:

"Remove the Dog Pads.

Remove the white foam (5s)

Gently pull 1" segments of the mounting flap on the pad to loosen it a little, and attach with the fat-side of the pad to the back of the cup."

It's a fairly painless process and took me somewhere between 5-10 minutes.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #3,063 of 6,388
Also part of the tester group. Very thankful to Dan. 

Better seal results in tighter bass, mids are fuller with more energy, highs are detailed but never harsh.

Overall the Alpha Pads open things up a good bit. They compete with some very good open headphones,
and once again at a fraction of the price.

Thanks to Matt, Dave, Aaron, Mike, Erik, Hans, and of course, Dan. It was fun sharing impressions and bouncing
feedback around, talking off topic and teasing one another.

I hope everyone who has the MD upgrade to the Alpha Pads, the comfort is worth it alone, which is mightily 
improved with the bigger, thicker pads.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,065 of 6,388
Hi folks,

Actually, all people who ordered on or after January 10, 2013 get a free pad upgrade. Units that shipped this week already have them. The pads will go out by Monday.

When I have an update, I make all efforts to allow it to be backwards compatible, and if I can, I give the update to people who have purchased within four weeks.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #3,066 of 6,388
Quote:
Why do you hate my wallet?

Your wallet will hate me, your ears will love me!! 
size]

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3,067 of 6,388
Quote:
Hi folks,

Actually, all people who ordered on or after January 10, 2013 get a free pad upgrade. Units that shipped this week already have them. The pads will go out by Monday.

When I have an update, I make all efforts to allow it to be backwards compatible, and if I can, I give the update to people who have purchased within four weeks.

Need to circulate a demo pair around like Justin at HeadAmp is doing :]

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #3,068 of 6,388
Quote:
Damn and I just ordered last week. /sigh Oh well better start saving for them.

Edit: Oh they are only 45.00 ok payday I will order them.

Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, I delayed shipping yours a few days so they could go out with the new pads.  They shipped yesterday.

beerchug.gif

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #3,070 of 6,388
Quote:

Actually, I delayed shipping yours a few days so they could go out with the new pads.  They shipped yesterday.

beerchug.gif

Dan your the best. TY !!!!!

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #3,071 of 6,388
Quote:
Need to circulate a demo pair around like Justin at HeadAmp is doing :]

I think it's much better to have a 15 day return policy.  People don't have to "line up" for the demo unit(s), and there's no administration needed.  Not many come back.  

This allows people who are considering them seriously to purchase with confidence that should they not be a good match, for whatever reason, they can be easily returned for a refund, and there's no wait...

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #3,072 of 6,388
Quote:

I think it's much better to have a 15 day return policy.  People don't have to "line up" for the demo unit(s), and there's no administration needed.  Not many come back.  

This allows people who are considering them seriously to purchase with confidence that should they not be a good match, for whatever reason, they can be easily returned for a refund, and there's no wait...

Yeah I understand. Looks like I'm a few months away from trying these out!

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3,073 of 6,388
Quote:
What? I just received my Mad Dog with dog pads about a week ago and now there's an even better Alpha Pad? Damn, why didn't Dan inform me about this when we were exchanging PMs! 
size]

You and anyone who ordered on or after January 10 will be getting free pads.  Per my other note, it's how I roll.  They'll ship by Monday.  You might want to subscribe to my newsletter, as that is where I post information on new products, specials, upgrade policies, etc.  

Everyone needs to understand that companies are ALWAYS working on new products.  If I hint about it, people stop buying, and revenue goes away.  Worst case, no more company.  Further, until my testers confirmed that a) the upgrade was really easy and b) it made a real improvement, I wasn't even sure I would be releasing the product.  

For this reason, I do two things (that frankly I don't think many companies do);  I give complementary upgrades to anyone who has purchased within a month (a totally new phone would not qualify, but an upgrade usually will), and I also try to make the upgrades backwards-comatible so users can upgrade, not replace their phones.

I hope you enjoy them when you get them...  

beerchug.gif

That said, I do do two things that 

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #3,074 of 6,388
Quote:

You and anyone who ordered on or after January 10 will be getting free pads.  Per my other note, it's how I roll.  They'll ship by Monday.  You might want to subscribe to my newsletter, as that is where I post information on new products, specials, upgrade policies, etc.  

Everyone needs to understand that companies are ALWAYS working on new products.  If I hint about it, people stop buying, and revenue goes away.  Worst case, no more company.  Further, until my testers confirmed that a) the upgrade was really easy and b) it made a real improvement, I wasn't even sure I would be releasing the product.  

For this reason, I do two things (that frankly I don't think many companies do);  I give complementary upgrades to anyone who has purchased within a month (a totally new phone would not qualify, but an upgrade usually will), and I also try to make the upgrades backwards-comatible so users can upgrade, not replace their phones.

I hope you enjoy them when you get them...  

beerchug.gif

That said, I do do two things that 

Thanks for clarifying and it is indeed a huge relief and very kind of you Dan. By the way, I just logged into my Mrspeakers account and my newsletter status is "Subscribed" so if there was any news about the Alpha Pads, it must have missed my inbox.

Your business practices are certainly first class and so are your products. Your Mad Dog with Dog Pads already sound excellent and compliment my HD800 very well. I look forward to trying out your new Alpha Pads soon. Keep up the excellent work! 
size]

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #3,075 of 6,388
Argh.  Did anyone get the newsletter, or is my mail server acting up?  

Ever since I upgraded my security on the site, I've been finding little glitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back