"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Nov 14, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #1,786 of 6,388
Quote:
I have the right angle Neutrik plug in my Mad Dogs, and the opening on the cup didn't need to be enlarged anywhere close to the 1.5mm difference you mentioned. It took just a small amount of enlarging with a #11 X-acto knife, and I would estimate that I opened up the hole just 0.3 mm.

A few pages back in this thread I posted a close-up photo of this plug inserted into the Mad Dog ear cup.

I did read your post. I just don't feel like making irreversible modifications to my MD.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #1,787 of 6,388
I just got the vmoda cable yesterday and it like it much better!! It's about two feet short for my desk though. Is it made in a longer length? Or is someone making a similar cable or longer sizes?

thanks...

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #1,788 of 6,388
Quote:
I just got the vmoda cable yesterday and it like it much better!! It's about two feet short for my desk though. Is it made in a longer length? Or is someone making a similar cable or longer sizes?

thanks...

I saw Tyll's video about the V-Moda M100 and I think the cable was much longer. Maybe you want to check that out.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #1,789 of 6,388
After listening to the Sig Pros, M100s for weeks without having the Mad Dogs nearby, just received my updated ones and... it still takes a bit getting used to... but once your ears/brain settles... BLISS.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,790 of 6,388

thanks...

Why don't you use the stock cable? Its longer, don't know about the sonic difference though as I never tried to compare cables.

Nov 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #1,791 of 6,388
Quote:
Why don't you use the stock cable? Its longer, don't know about the sonic difference though as I never tried to compare cables.

I do like the vmoda cable better than the stock. It's more flexible, lighter and just easier to use. If it were just a couple feet longer it'd be perfect. 

Nov 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #1,793 of 6,388
Quote:
I have the right angle Neutrik plug in my Mad Dogs, and the opening on the cup didn't need to be enlarged anywhere close to the 1.5mm difference you mentioned. It took just a small amount of enlarging with a #11 X-acto knife, and I would estimate that I opened up the hole just 0.3 mm.

A few pages back in this thread I posted a close-up photo of this plug inserted into the Mad Dog ear cup.

It may have been your thread that I read about the cable / cup mod. A minor scraping here and there is pretty easy to accomplish.  Which cable did you use for the mod?  I've used the Neutrik 90 degree 1/8th plugs before and it's pretty neat how they go together. However, I've found that one can't really use a cable like the Mogami Gold Neglex,as it tends to have a diameter that is a bit overwhelming for that connector.

Thanks,

Edit: I found your thread.  I realize that you used the original V-Moda cable with the Neutrik connector.  I hate wires that are enamel coated and thin as you've described.  Some of the Sennheiser headphones (HD-428, 429, etc.) series has some real thin conductor cable that happen to be treated also.  But, Sennheiser has stuffed the three cables into one outer sleeve and I believe they've used enough enamel on the cables that they didn't use any plastic insulation on them.  A real PITA to work with and solder.

Which pads do you have on your Mad Dogs?  Are those the Dog Padz?

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #1,795 of 6,388
Anybody know if Dan will be having any sort of black friday/cyber monday sale on the mad dogs?

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,799 of 6,388
Quote:
^^ How about some linkage boys??

Certainly,
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/613576/mad-dog-by-mrspeakers-modified-fostex-t50rp-review/1575#post_8799472

Users who are viewing this thread

Back