Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
May 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,086 of 3,495
  I too would like to know what's going on with A+ development. A version 2 is all well and good, but I've been having quite a few problems with 1.5.12. An update wouldn't be unappreciated!

What's wrong with it? I'm personally on 1.5.10 although did try 1.5.12 for about a week without any glitch.

May 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,089 of 3,495
I did a long time ago.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/427992/simple-way-to-run-foobar2000-on-mac#post_7609144

Yes, perfect.
I have mine portable version of foobar and i want use it again on mac without do all my tweaks again and again, but i didn't how to do  :frowning2:
You know if with the porting capable of a bit-perfect playback? :)

May 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #2,090 of 3,495
Does anyone know the difference between integer mode 1 + 2 on Audirvana + ?
Which one do you prefer if you can use it ?

May 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #2,092 of 3,495

I've updated the first post and the wiki. Songbird (the company) folded last year and the app lives on as Nightingale.
  I've updated the descriptions for Vox and Audirvana and removed the non-updated programs.

No mention of JRiver on the list? It's been out of beta for a while and is still under active development. (constant updates)

Any comments on the Mac version of J-River?  I'm interested....

May 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #2,093 of 3,495

Any comments on the Mac version of J-River?  I'm interested....

JRiver Media Centre is now my main player on my Mac. I have Amarra, but the interface sucks. It really makes me question their ability to program. I also own Fidelia, but it lacks an EQ, unless you want to load a VST/AU. 
While there is something smooth about Amarra's sound quality, I find that with a touch of tweeking with JRiver's EQ, I can get a very similar sound sig out of JRiver, and JRiver's track management and IOS remote are both fantastic.

May 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #2,094 of 3,495
Agreed. Although sadly the only app available for Android is not very good at all.

May 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #2,096 of 3,495

I've updated the first post and the wiki. Songbird (the company) folded last year and the app lives on as Nightingale.
  I've updated the descriptions for Vox and Audirvana and removed the non-updated programs.

No mention of JRiver on the list? It's been out of beta for a while and is still under active development. (constant updates)

I forgot! Thanks for reminding me. 

May 6, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #2,100 of 3,495
Well it works. Set it up easily. Now I just need to figure out how place the alias file of Foobar on my dock...

Yes, my problem is that i know only how to do with a normal installation of foobar with winery. I'd like to port mine portable version which i made time ago on windows (just the folder, not the .exe setup). I don't want to do all my customization from zero :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back