M8 Discontinued and what’s coming next? - Shanling M9 Announced
Aug 11, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #46 of 107
I was all hyped up until i saw screen size. Another microwave sized dap... Looks really nice though.
I really hope this is not going to be a long term trend.
It just dont make sense to me with all those tv screens. You need a ak4499 to watch tiktok now?
If it's a screen with small bezels it should be the same size as the current M8. However, I think bezels makes more sense in a DAP to prevent accidental touches.

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #47 of 107
If it's a screen with small bezels it should be the same size as the current M8. However, I think bezels makes more sense in a DAP to prevent accidental touches.
Cant remember exact dims of m8 but it looked manageable. To be honest, even if its the size of hiby R8 and thickness around 15-16mm i suppose its not that bad.
Still i think screen of this size is excessive for a dap.
I do own 6.5 inch phone and when its less than 10mm thick its still fine. Doubt dap can be that thin though.

I will wait to see the dimensions. I have never tried Shanling daps so quite curious otherwise.

Aug 11, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #48 of 107
I was all hyped up until i saw screen size. Another microwave sized dap... Looks really nice though.
I really hope this is not going to be a long term trend.
It just dont make sense to me with all those tv screens. You need a ak4499 to watch tiktok now?
frig me TICKTOCK!! thats all I hear from the kid, 'oh I saw this on ticktock' blah blah blah

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #50 of 107
Anybody hear some Rumors about the Price. 1500$? 😃 😃 😄
It's a limited run of 500 units, new SoC, OS and 2K AMOLED display, so probably will be more expensive.

Aug 11, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #52 of 107
thats alot of money for an android 10 upgrade.

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #54 of 107
Possibly higher RAM and internal memory ? With AMOLED ? When you think about $1500 then it is in line with the m8 last year right ? Lol
I'm just not a fan of 12 month slight upgrades of screen res, chip speed. Lowers the value of your huge purchases incredibly

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #55 of 107
I'm just not a fan of 12 month slight upgrades of screen res, chip speed. Lowers the value of your huge purchases incredibly
Oh well, it is either that or jumping into other brands such as Walkman and AK whose products would last several years before new products are released ?

Or, get a proper Amplifier with any proper DAC, then you will be set for a while

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #56 of 107
DMP it is then :p

Aug 11, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #58 of 107
The irony is that it isn’t even 1 year since the M8.
I rather go for Cayin instead of Shanling from now on.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #59 of 107
The problem is within us. We demand better SoC, updated Android versions, better screens, more power, etc, and we pay for it. So ChiFi just keep coming with new stuff. Maybe Cayin is the exception.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #60 of 107
the screen sizes are unnecessary. You dont need eyes to listen. But its phone tech so its cheap and people fall into it
I hate big screen daps with a passion. If they don't want to understand the market, they don't have to. But just follow what Steve Jobs did, how hard is that? Was he trying to sell you music when he made iPad?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back