M8 Discontinued and what’s coming next? - Shanling M9 Announced
Aug 10, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #31 of 107
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Aug 10, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #33 of 107
the screen sizes are unnecessary. You dont need eyes to listen. But its phone tech so its cheap and people fall into it
It's true a 6" screen isn't a necessity. But I still have my Acoustic Research AR-M20 and one of my favourite things about that DAP is navigating my library via its lovely 5" screen. It has a good battery life too (16 hours playback).

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #35 of 107
Yes, that's our plan.

Will see how it will be on the audio side. It's big upgrade on side of Android hardware.

What is all this talk about Ti version? That's not something we ever did.
Really hope my M8’s OS is able to play Apple Music for more than just a few years for the amount it cost. I don’t need to bequeath it to further generations, but hope to get at least 5 years use, if not more.

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #36 of 107
Really hope my M8’s OS is able to play Apple Music for more than just a few years for the amount it cost. I don’t need to bequeath it to further generations, but hope to get at least 5 years use, if not more.
Good thing about Android if the app does get updated to where the OS version means you can no longer upgrade the app, you can still use it as is, just won't have the new features of the updated app. As an example, my Andeoid 4.0 phone still has access to Tidal Music, but didn't get the update for Tidal Masters as that was Android 5.0. It plays regular Tidal FLAC without issue still on the old version. So, it will still work with whatever the last version that worked on Android 7

Aug 11, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #37 of 107
Good thing about Android if the app does get updated to where the OS version means you can no longer upgrade the app, you can still use it as is, just won't have the new features of the updated app. As an example, my Andeoid 4.0 phone still has access to Tidal Music, but didn't get the update for Tidal Masters as that was Android 5.0. It plays regular Tidal FLAC without issue still on the old version. So, it will still work with whatever the last version that worked on Android 7
Thanks - that’s good to hear!!

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #39 of 107
I'm just looking for a new DAP with global eq, sounds on par with the 507 and has a knob I can fiddle with :p

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #40 of 107
What is all this talk about Ti version? That's not something we ever did.
Hmmm.... we wait with baited breath. How about a Stainless Steel version then... that would get the ball rolling 😉

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #41 of 107
Hmmm.... we wait with baited breath. How about a Stainless Steel version then... that would get the ball rolling 😉
Shhh..don't give them ideas

Aug 11, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #42 of 107
I'm just looking for a new DAP with global eq, sounds on par with the 507 and has a knob I can fiddle with :p
I'm pretty sure the m8 is gonna outdo the 507. I'll let you guys know for sure next week. Looking forward to trying with my Solaris, lcdi4, and my Nighthawks!

Aug 11, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #43 of 107
6-inch 2k AMOLED? where did you guys find this screen? Can 665 drive the screen well?

I bought m0 m2x m5s me100 me500 before, I am wondering the sound of M9,
well maybe I can borrow one to give a review.

Aug 11, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #45 of 107
the screen sizes are unnecessary. You dont need eyes to listen. But its phone tech so its cheap and people fall into it
I was all hyped up until i saw screen size. Another microwave sized dap... Looks really nice though.
I really hope this is not going to be a long term trend.
It just dont make sense to me with all those tv screens. You need a ak4499 to watch tiktok now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back