LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Feb 21, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #1,756 of 1,793
Feb 21, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,757 of 1,793
Whats the reason for that? Better connection stability?
That and dependability as I've had two pair of the BTS20s go bad and the FiiO keeps on ticking. I've thought about the 30's but I'm just waiting out my current 20's to see if they have issues like my first two sets. On my first 2 either one side or the other just stopped working :slight_frown:

Feb 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,758 of 1,793
Are there still living owners of the LZ A7? %) I recently replaced the regular cable with a pure silver one and the nozzles on the spiral dot. A7 sounded even better and more natural! My best option for a bundle for a walk, especially goes well with Cayin RU 6, which softens the monitor sound of the A7. Who changed the LZ A7 for what?

Since 2020 I mounted a 'single crystal copper' DUNU Lyre cable, positively impressed by DUNU MMCX connectors quality and fit with LZ A7, then by its sound. Never have had need or idea to change it since. And yes I keep on using LZ L7 from time to time. It still is a keeper for me.

Attachments

• 20230221_192515.jpg
    20230221_192515.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #1,759 of 1,793
Are there still living owners of the LZ A7? %) I recently replaced the regular cable with a pure silver one and the nozzles on the spiral dot. A7 sounded even better and more natural! My best option for a bundle for a walk, especially goes well with Cayin RU 6, which softens the monitor sound of the A7. Who changed the LZ A7 for what?
photo_2023-02-21 16.51.51.jpeg
My stock cable on the left side has developed an issue where sound cuts out intermittently and it appears its not so easy to buy the stock cable anymore. The cable was actually really comfortable to use as well

Feb 21, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,760 of 1,793
Who changed the LZ A7 for what?
It did a pretty good job, but didn't have enough texture and solidity for me(about the same story for DM8, which I liked a little more). I think the natural treble tonality was the highlight, from the piezos. Sitting pretty happy right now with Performer5, Hook-X, and JD7!
Cayin RU 6, which softens the sound
Will be trying this soon! Heard good things. Also Questyle M15 seems solid, but not so rich/warm.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 5:17 AM Post #1,761 of 1,793
Whats the reason for that? Better connection stability?
Not only connection stability, but Fiio UTWS5 have dedicated Asahi Kasei chipset on each side, sound quality and driving power are night and day compared to my past TRN BT30, when connected to planar IEMs like timeless, differences are very noticeable.
And now after update, the UTWS5 have PEQ thorugh Fiio app, very useful

Feb 22, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #1,762 of 1,793
It did a pretty good job, but didn't have enough texture and solidity for me(about the same story for DM8, which I liked a little more). I think the natural treble tonality was the highlight, from the piezos. Sitting pretty happy right now with Performer5, Hook-X, and JD7!

Will be trying this soon! Heard good things. Also Questyle M15 seems solid, but not so rich/warm.
I think that on ESS dongles the sound is too analytical and dry. I don't like how LZ A7 sounds on e1da 9038s, btr5, and even with a stack of SMSL SU-10+Topping A90D. But with RU6 or EF-400, I like the sound much more. The sound field becomes more integral, although the exact positioning of the instruments remains. I also noticed that the sound is best with nozzles with a wide spout. Complete or even better Spiral dots.

Feb 22, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #1,766 of 1,793
Anyone had issues with their A7s running through cables?
I've been carrying the my B2 Dusks and Timeless for the last year+ instead of the A7s because they pinch the MMCX connector and cause a spotty connection. I can take a small flathead screwdriver to bend the sides of the connector back out but the issue always reappears.

I know this is the downside of MMCX but it's not an issue I have with the Timeless. In fact I can take a cable that's cutting in and out with the A7s and it has no problem working with the Timeless.

These are my favorite IEMs and I really want to daily drive them again. Even just a tool I could use to fix the connector without risking stabbing my thumb would be a godsend.

Feb 22, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #1,767 of 1,793
Anyone had issues with their A7s running through cables?
I've been carrying the my B2 Dusks and Timeless for the last year+ instead of the A7s because they pinch the MMCX connector and cause a spotty connection. I can take a small flathead screwdriver to bend the sides of the connector back out but the issue always reappears.

I know this is the downside of MMCX but it's not an issue I have with the Timeless. In fact I can take a cable that's cutting in and out with the A7s and it has no problem working with the Timeless.

These are my favorite IEMs and I really want to daily drive them again. Even just a tool I could use to fix the connector without risking stabbing my thumb would be a godsend.

You can try this on the male port of the cable:

Feb 22, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #1,768 of 1,793
You can try this on the male port of the cable:

That's basically what I do except that the issue isn't the ring, it's the two outer halves of the male connector.

Seems like the female side (on the A7s) isn't perfectly round so the connection starts tight but as the IEMs rotate on the connectors they slowly bend the two halves together making for a loose connection on one or both sides.

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #1,769 of 1,793
That's basically what I do except that the issue isn't the ring, it's the two outer halves of the male connector.

Seems like the female side (on the A7s) isn't perfectly round so the connection starts tight but as the IEMs rotate on the connectors they slowly bend the two halves together making for a loose connection on one or both sides.
It all started for me, too, with the periodic loss of contact on one of the headphones. As a result, I could not use the standard cable, I had to use a third-party one. After about 1 year, this cable also started to work poorly. I had to give the headphones for repair and completely replace both connectors. The master said that the connectors were of poor quality. Now the flight has been normal for six months.

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #1,770 of 1,793
It all started for me, too, with the periodic loss of contact on one of the headphones. As a result, I could not use the standard cable, I had to use a third-party one. After about 1 year, this cable also started to work poorly. I had to give the headphones for repair and completely replace both connectors. The master said that the connectors were of poor quality. Now the flight has been normal for six months.
Wish I could get a year out if mine. Sometimes it takes months and sometimes only weeks. I tried 4 different cables before giving up for a good while.

Did you send yours off to someone or was the guy local to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back