LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Mar 5, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #1,726 of 1,793
Ok. I’ve been enjoying the A7s for almost a year now. Back to the workplace has left me listening to to my A7s a little more than my beloved Diana Phi.

Now, I’m not in a rush to replace it just yet but I’m already thinking I’d like to replace these with a “better” sounding IEM at the end of the year.

Any suggestions? I use the black nozzle and it sounds great from electro to jazz fusion.

Mar 5, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #1,727 of 1,793
Ok. I’ve been enjoying the A7s for almost a year now. Back to the workplace has left me listening to to my A7s a little more than my beloved Diana Phi.

Now, I’m not in a rush to replace it just yet but I’m already thinking I’d like to replace these with a “better” sounding IEM at the end of the year.

Any suggestions? I use the black nozzle and it sounds great from electro to jazz fusion.

If u want something better, it will cost a pretty penny, diminishing returns are such in this hobby. The QDC Anole VX (10 BA set), which also has tuning switches, is a very technical IEM (more technical than LZ A7 even), and is a direct upgrade over the LZ A7. So both IEMs can be tuned to a preferred sound signature on the fly.

Ballpark, maybe the QDC Anole VX is 20ish % or so better in technical performance, but way more expensive. Personally, I am very happy with the LZ A7, but I understand some folks will want to chase that last 10 - 20% sonic improvement, but be prepared to over the odds for it.

Mar 5, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #1,728 of 1,793

I like A7. I found something like a tasty upgrade from it in Dunu EST 112 and Penon Volt, to stay with tri hybrids

Mar 5, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #1,729 of 1,793
Still love my a7! Recently been listening to them out of my v60 (LG phone) and surprised how loud they sound, they really don't need that much power to sound good. Listen to them at a lower volume than many of my much cheaper iems. Had only listened to them with my DX160 before, with the 4.4mm balanced cable, on hi-impedance mode.
Been thinking of an upgrade at times, but honestly don't think I can find anything that isn't exponentially much more expensive, and (importantly, to me) a better fit for my (smallish) ears. Most of the TOTL multi-driver IEMs are quite large in comparison to the A7. It's still a great-sounding, good-fitting, bargain of an IEM.

Mar 5, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #1,730 of 1,793
Same! A7 has been my daily drivers for about an year. They are terrific imo. I downgraded from Fearless S8F/S8P to A7 and with red filter and monitor mode they are my endgame for any genre I throw at them. I sometimes wish I could get them in ciem lol. Because of my weird ear canal shape I have to keep pushing them inside for better seal that’s my only negative. Shell size is perfect for my relatively smaller ears but I wish the nozzle was slightly angled upward and more longer to get the most ideal fit for my ears. For a uiem it’s pretty damn good, fits better than my old Fearless iems.
The upgrade itch is a curse in this hobby lol, lately even I have been looking at what’s next but like @FSTOP mentioned most of the TOTL hybrids come with larger shell. I have been thinking about the same QDC Anole VX @baskingshark mentioned, it seems from the photos the shell is more like a ciem kinda design and smaller than many TOTL but that hefty price tag! Maybe someday

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #1,731 of 1,793
Same! A7 has been my daily drivers for about an year. They are terrific imo. I downgraded from Fearless S8F/S8P to A7 and with red filter and monitor mode they are my endgame for any genre I throw at them. I sometimes wish I could get them in ciem lol. Because of my weird ear canal shape I have to keep pushing them inside for better seal that’s my only negative. Shell size is perfect for my relatively smaller ears but I wish the nozzle was slightly angled upward and more longer to get the most ideal fit for my ears. For a uiem it’s pretty damn good, fits better than my old Fearless iems.
The upgrade itch is a curse in this hobby lol, lately even I have been looking at what’s next but like @FSTOP mentioned most of the TOTL hybrids come with larger shell. I have been thinking about the same QDC Anole VX @baskingshark mentioned, it seems from the photos the shell is more like a ciem kinda design and smaller than many TOTL but that hefty price tag! Maybe someday
I’ve tried so many IEMs over the past several years and actually sold the A7 at one point, and even though many other IEMs are great in their own right, still nothing else has managed to equal the all-in-one package of versatility, technicalities, timbre, comfort, isolation, and perfect tuning for my taste (with the gold monitor combo) of the A7.

The only thing I can envision changing my mind anytime soon might be the mythical LZ A8!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #1,733 of 1,793
I like A7. I found something like a tasty upgrade from it in Dunu EST 112 and Penon Volt, to stay with tri hybrids
+ 1 on this pair.
With the right source (medium efficient set) this will sing, on a large sound field...

Apr 13, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #1,734 of 1,793
Well, I knew this would happen eventually... I lost my A7s on a night out drinking/eating/gambling. I normally wear a jacket with multiple zipper pockets but this night I went light and they must've slipped out of my pockets when I was taking out chips or something.

Damn. Ill be selling off my Arya and perhaps my XCs since my Dianas Phi are mostly on my head at home anyways. Considering some other IEMs and perhaps a cheapie back up mean while. Ill miss my A7s :triportsad::triportsad:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #1,735 of 1,793
Well, I knew this would happen eventually... I lost my A7s on a night out drinking/eating/gambling. I normally wear a jacket with multiple zipper pockets but this night I went light and they must've slipped out of my pockets when I was taking out chips or something.

Damn. Ill be selling off my Arya and perhaps my XCs since my Dianas Phi are mostly on my head at home anyways. Considering some other IEMs and perhaps a cheapie back up mean while. Ill miss my A7s :triportsad::triportsad:

Condolences friend!

That reminds me of the time my dog chewed my IEM cable (which was not-detachable). I hope you find something as good soon!

Apr 13, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #1,736 of 1,793

I'd just have to find another pair of 7's myself, they are my errand iem's and always in my console :wink:

WRLS Winderland.jpg

Apr 24, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #1,737 of 1,793
Can someone compare it with the Timeless 7hz or the Shuoer s12?

Apr 24, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #1,738 of 1,793
Can someone compare it with the Timeless 7hz or the Shuoer s12?

Haven't tried the S12. But the LZ A7 kills the Timeless in tonality, timbre and technicalities.

Timeless has very bad timbral accuracy for acoustic instruments, and has quite sharp peaks in the treble. The Timeless also has a very weak 2D soundstage, the soundstage depth is extremely narrow and in your head.

LZ A7 also has tunable signatures (10), whereas the Timeless is stuck with only one signature, unless you wanna EQ.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #1,739 of 1,793
Haven't tried the S12. But the LZ A7 kills the Timeless in tonality, timbre and technicalities.

Timeless has very bad timbral accuracy for acoustic instruments, and has quite sharp peaks in the treble. The Timeless also has a very weak 2D soundstage, the soundstage depth is extremely narrow and in your head.

LZ A7 also has tunable signatures (10), whereas the Timeless is stuck with only one signature, unless you wanna EQ.
100% agree.

(havent tried the S12 either though.)

Wonder when/if the A8 will come....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back