LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Dec 4, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #1,787 of 1,793
My MMCX connector got bad some time ago and I soldered the cable directly , they have nice construction and they are not hard to open , you may change the connector without too much effort as well
If needed I will muck about. Perhaps my quick fix will be to buy another 4.4 cable; the old 3.5 seems to be working after all. It is actually the first time I have used the single ended cable.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,790 of 1,793
Might just be cables going bad. Hope that is the case; it is a cheaper and easier fix!
Have you been changing cables on it? Or stuck with a single cable all the time?
If you changed then it could be the mmcx socket on the A7, LZ mmcx is not very good...(my A6 is dying because of it)

Dec 4, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #1,791 of 1,793
Have you been changing cables on it? Or stuck with a single cable all the time?
If you changed then it could be the mmcx socket on the A7, LZ mmcx is not very good...(my A6 is dying because of it)
Yes, I had been changing cables. Last night I was bummed when I changed from a 4.4 that was acting up (actually not acting at all in one channel), and went back to the 2.5. It also had the same problem so I assumed the issue was the A7. But another comment inspired me to go find the 3.5 cable that came with the unit. And sure enough that worked just fine. So I am concluding, for now, that the problem is cabling and a new cable is due on Wed.

Nice enough, Penon offered service after I sent a late night email. Which I thought was very responsive. I may not need the service (to be determined) but I was happy with a quick response. Makes me even happier to purchase from Penon from time to time.

I did discover that the lower noise floor does make a balanced cable approach worthwhile. I had thought this was black magic but there was a subtle difference.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,792 of 1,793
Has anyone tried out the LZ AX?

Dec 4, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #1,793 of 1,793
Has anyone tried out the LZ AX?

The announcement about the LZ AX says
~~~
LZ AX has got beautiful-looking Carbon-Fiber face covers. The pair is limited to only 100 units worldwide. If you are looking to go for a flagship-grade IEM, the LZ AX is definitely worth considering!!
~~~

It appears to be available to purchase now ($665 Sale Price) from HiFiGo, and available on a 2-month pre-order from Linsoul ($700).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back