LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Apr 25, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #1,742 of 1,793
ESTs instead of piezos. Price would likely be higher but could be a true endgame for many.
Yeah, that would be awesome.

Maybe a Bery DD + Sonion BAs + Sonion EST 🤤

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #1,743 of 1,793
Can someone compare it with the Timeless 7hz or the Shuoer s12?
I have both the A7 and the Shuoer S12. Its not a simple comparison for me. The A7 has so many configurations and is well tuned, the S12 so very Planar and the sound comes from such a large field. The A7 is still relevant and is crisp and detailed. The S12 has brought the Planar world to IEM fruition and it replays textures of drumskins and wound strings and bass quality, very much like at a live performance. Due to the price difference I would recommend the S12 which holds its own against the LZ. If you want the ability to adjust the sound to your liking the A7 is hard to beat, but although I still listen to the A7 I would say the S12 is more of a go to for me at the moment. The world of IEMs and Buds is moving forwards at quite a pace and some of the new Planars are very special indeed.

Apr 27, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #1,744 of 1,793
I have both the A7 and the Shuoer S12. Its not a simple comparison for me. The A7 has so many configurations and is well tuned, the S12 so very Planar and the sound comes from such a large field. The A7 is still relevant and is crisp and detailed. The S12 has brought the Planar world to IEM fruition and it replays textures of drumskins and wound strings and bass quality, very much like at a live performance. Due to the price difference I would recommend the S12 which holds its own against the LZ. If you want the ability to adjust the sound to your liking the A7 is hard to beat, but although I still listen to the A7 I would say the S12 is more of a go to for me at the moment. The world of IEMs and Buds is moving forwards at quite a pace and some of the new Planars are very special indeed.
Which one would you say has better soundstage?

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #1,745 of 1,793
Which one would you say has better soundstage?
In terms of width both are similar but the L7 may be a tad wider. The S12 is more holographic. I listen to the S12 a lot, but the L7 much less. I find that the Planars I have and had, have sound coming from more diverse areas of the soundfield. That is true of both the S12 and the 7Hz Timeless. I find the Timeless had a dark background and voices and instruments appeared suddenly from all over the soundstage. My well burned in S12 has a big soundstage/soundfield and good imaging. There may be filter and switch combinations on my the L7 that I haven't used which make a bigger soundstage though.

Aug 21, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #1,748 of 1,793
In terms of width both are similar but the L7 may be a tad wider. The S12 is more holographic. I listen to the S12 a lot, but the L7 much less. I find that the Planars I have and had, have sound coming from more diverse areas of the soundfield. That is true of both the S12 and the 7Hz Timeless. I find the Timeless had a dark background and voices and instruments appeared suddenly from all over the soundstage. My well burned in S12 has a big soundstage/soundfield and good imaging. There may be filter and switch combinations on my the L7 that I haven't used which make a bigger soundstage though.
which is the best in term of technicallities :

micro details & resolution,
Separation,
layering,
depth,
imaging accuracy,
treble extension and airy

OLINA or S121 or Timeless ?

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #1,749 of 1,793

Separation,
layering,
depth,
imaging accuracy,

didnt have both but have a lot of experience in this hobby. I can blindly callout that s12 is the airiest one and olina will have the least resolution. timeless will be in the middle of these two. Olina meanwhile will have the natural timbre.

Aug 21, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #1,750 of 1,793

Separation,
layering,
depth,
imaging accuracy,

I haven't tried the S12.

But Timeless has better technicalities than Olina (except soundstage). The Timeless' soundstage depth is very very weak, though the width is good. Timeless also has a bad planar timbre, so not the most accurate for acoustic instruments, and it has some treble peaks. YMMV, some are not bothered by planar timbre.

Olina has better timbre but is a bit shouty too if not modded.

Feb 21, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #1,751 of 1,793
Are there still living owners of the LZ A7? %) I recently replaced the regular cable with a pure silver one and the nozzles on the spiral dot. A7 sounded even better and more natural! My best option for a bundle for a walk, especially goes well with Cayin RU 6, which softens the monitor sound of the A7. Who changed the LZ A7 for what?
photo_2023-02-21 16.51.51.jpeg

Feb 21, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,752 of 1,793
What Cable??? :grin:

WRLS Winderland.jpg

Feb 21, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #1,753 of 1,793
The cable is made of a cree treated alloy of monocrystalline silver with 99+1% gold. Section 26awg, 7N. 2.5 mm balanced connector from Furutech.
Made by Sboch, Saint Petersburg, Russia

Description from the manufacturer:
"This is a cable with a high-class melodic sound. Its speed and high resolution ensure excellent separation and localization of instruments. A small fraction of gold in the conductor gives a light warm tone to the sound and it is not as analytical as in the case of pure silver. This cable has a wide stage and perfectly works out the low-frequency range, this gives a certain effect of "holography" in the sound feed.
The cable is in transparent insulation."
cable Sboch 3.jpeg

Feb 21, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #1,755 of 1,793
TRN BT20S Pro? Any hiss with it?
I've not had any trouble with mine on the A7's or either pair of my Ikko's but I prefer my FiiO for wireless just wish It had the TRN adapters to go either MMCX or 2 Pin :slight_frown:

Comparo Listening.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back