LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jun 27, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #1,576 of 1,793
received_511134546693676.jpg
LZ A6 with A7's red filters and Sennheiser IE 40 Pro's tips (foams included).

To me, the sound is slightly technically better than Monarch.

I just wish LZ wouldn't have made A7 so...safe. There is virtually no tinkering with A7, it is very good as is, but lags behind A6 in technicality.
A7 lacks the air that A6 has, making it a smoother experience. Have you tried to peel the cloth piece behind the A7 filters? It does bring back some air that was lacking for the A7.
I'm mainly using Black filter with foam mod on A6 and A7 on pop mode.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,578 of 1,793
Unfortunately my problem with A7 continue. Nicehck Audio Store repaired earpieces, but after only couple days mmcx connectors failed again.

I connect them, this time i wanted from them to replace earpieces, clearly repairing didnt work, they agreed. Same things again, video proofs, conversations, shipment, waiting, custom fees etc.

My A7 came back second time. And they didn't replace or repair. Same problem out of the box.

Great sounding iems though. I will try to repair myself. Pretty disappointed with Nicehck Audio Store, i did many transactions with them.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #1,587 of 1,793
Tonality and technical ability
Monarch is well tuned in the technical department. A7 are tailored for your SQ signature preference if you hit one of thier replaceable filter. Tonality wise, Mornach have upperhand. For fitting comfort A7.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #1,588 of 1,793
Monarch is well tuned in the technical department. A7 are tailored for your SQ signature preference if you hit one of thier replaceable filter. Tonality wise, Mornach have upperhand. For fitting comfort A7.
Would you say the Monarch is in a different tier altogether? It definitely is in terms of price, but how about performance?

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #1,589 of 1,793
Would you say the Monarch is in a different tier altogether? It definitely is in terms of price, but how about performance?
Can you define "performance"? Monarch is better tuned in this regard.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #1,590 of 1,793
Unfortunately I've noticed some statics and hiss in the background when using my new LZ A7 with ibasso DX160 (1st gen). I am using stock cable, black filters, 3.5mm Headphone Out on the DX 160. No problems when using DX160 with other headphones or using LZ A7 with S10+ I am pleased by the LZ A7 sonic qualities and possibilities to tweak sound, but this is very annoying. Pls help, any suggestions appreciated. Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back