LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #1,591 of 1,793
Unfortunately I've noticed some statics and hiss in the background when using my new LZ A7 with ibasso DX160 (1st gen). I am using stock cable, black filters, 3.5mm Headphone Out on the DX 160. No problems when using DX160 with other headphones or using LZ A7 with S10+ I am pleased by the LZ A7 sonic qualities and possibilities to tweak sound, but this is very annoying. Pls help, any suggestions appreciated. Many thanks!
The DX160´s 3.5mm is infamous for having static (CPU interference) and noise. I get it with it as well, and my other sensitive iems.

If you want to avoid it, you need to use the 4.4mm port.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,592 of 1,793
Unfortunately I've noticed some statics and hiss in the background when using my new LZ A7 with ibasso DX160 (1st gen). I am using stock cable, black filters, 3.5mm Headphone Out on the DX 160. No problems when using DX160 with other headphones or using LZ A7 with S10+ I am pleased by the LZ A7 sonic qualities and possibilities to tweak sound, but this is very annoying. Pls help, any suggestions appreciated. Many thanks!
Both modes switches are affected?

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #1,594 of 1,793
Jul 7, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #1,600 of 1,793
There were people who shared the same complaints but they were having this problem while it's plugged in to their phones.

I've never seen any dx160 user complaining about it. I own both and there's no problem with hiss.

I'd recommend you to try it with low impedance. If it's the same, then try it with other devices first. If it continues, then find another mmcx cable and check with it. It's probably the cable and you can let the seller know (they usually send a replacement).

Jul 7, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #1,601 of 1,793
The DX160´s 3.5mm is infamous for having static (CPU interference) and noise. I get it with it as well, and my other sensitive iems.

If you want to avoid it, you need to use the 4.4mm port.
Strange. I didn't have that problem when I was using A7 with the stock cable. But I had this static noise with the phone.

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #1,602 of 1,793
There were people who shared the same complaints but they were having this problem while it's plugged in to their phones.

I've never seen any dx160 user complaining about it. I own both and there's no problem with hiss.

I'd recommend you to try it with low impedance. If it's the same, then try it with other devices first. If it continues, then find another mmcx cable and check with it. It's probably the cable and you can let the seller know (they usually send a replacement).
Thanks, I'll try to swap cables but it seems to be the static from CPU or wifi interference on dx160 as described by RikudouGoku. My phone or audioquest through notebook output is clean and silent.

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #1,603 of 1,793
The A7 is very sensitive. I had some hiss and it picked up some noise (radio?) the first time I plugged it in my home desktop setup (Topping L30 and D10s). My other IEMs didn't have the issue (same time and conditions I had it with the A7).
I haven't encountered the issue since, either plugged in my BTR5 or in my office setup (another Topping L30, with some USB / bluetooth DAC).

It's likely your source like others have pointed out.

I'd really be surprised if it's your cable, but hiss can be like black magic, so it's worth swapping it if you have another MMCX cable at your disposal.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #1,604 of 1,793
The A7 is very sensitive. I had some hiss and it picked up some noise (radio?) the first time I plugged it in my home desktop setup (Topping L30 and D10s). My other IEMs didn't have the issue (same time and conditions I had it with the A7).
I haven't encountered the issue since, either plugged in my BTR5 or in my office setup (another Topping L30, with some USB / bluetooth DAC).

It's likely your source like others have pointed out.

I'd really be surprised if it's your cable, but hiss can be like black magic, so it's worth swapping it if you have another MMCX cable at your disposal.
I agree, I have seen the same - sensitive IEMs can have trouble with some sources with particularly high noise floors. No cable swapping will solve the problem. If this is the issue the solution is pairing the A7 with another source. Wish I had better prognosis.

Jul 8, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #1,605 of 1,793
Yes it seems that A7 are very 'picky' and source sensitive. While experimenting with A7 and different settings on dx160 I found that noise is always present when using WiFi with 3.5 output (both low and high gain). Having dx160 in offline mode it seems that noise levels and statics drops. I am waiting for 4.4 balance cable to enjoy silence :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back