LZ A7 IEM's impressions and reviews thread
Jun 22, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #1,561 of 1,793
My budget is $700-750. The way you described the EST112 as Ultra Instinct had me curious haha. I would not mind a bit less bass quantity if quality is significantly better.

I have been eyeing up Tribrids but the Moondrop Variations just added so much more confusion. When will this great war end this hobby is mind screw**y at times.

I heard Excalibur has bass. Oracle is more reference. Monarch has too much sub bass. Clair has more bass than Oracle but balanced.

For me vocals are important it should not be recessed in general.

Blon 03 vocals are recessed which is a shame. Btw I saw your post in a few forums as well.

In the mean time then do you have any Hybrid recommendations where Vocals are not recessed. The Sony XBA-N3 you recommended, seems to recessed vocals.

Do you have any hybrids to recommend $200-350 with nice bass and not recessed vocals. I remember you saying the Blessing 2 you don't get the hype. Mangird Tea???? Bass is not much on it.

Thanks.
LZ A7 does not have recessed vocals and you should like the bass.

graph (8).png

(you could try the mesh mod on the 03, see if you like the changes. For me it was a big positive change.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blo...ressions-thread.916702/page-182#post-15531900)

Ironically, UI goku keeps losing despite having that OP power...wonder if the EST112 will follow the same route with all these new tribrids popping up lol.

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #1,562 of 1,793

graph (8).png
(you could try the mesh mod on the 03, see if you like the changes. For me it was a big positive change.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blo...ressions-thread.916702/page-182#post-15531900)

Ironically, UI goku keeps losing despite having that OP power...wonder if the EST112 will follow the same route with all these new tribrids popping up lol.

I am gonna try to get something today definitely, Hifigo has discount. I did think about S8 but BA Bass so no lol.

I have someone who is willing to offer me a USED Dunu EST112 for $320 which is same price as new LZ A7 or Blessing 2 Dusk. Ah dilemnaaaaa. I am an audionoob so this is too much.

In your opinion if you had this offer which would you choose:

Used Dunu EST112 - $320
New LZ A7 - ~ $320

Thanks.

Jun 22, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #1,563 of 1,793
I am gonna try to get something today definitely, Hifigo has discount. I did think about S8 but BA Bass so no lol.

I have someone who is willing to offer me a USED Dunu EST112 for $320 which is same price as new LZ A7 or Blessing 2 Dusk. Ah dilemnaaaaa. I am an audionoob so this is too much.

Used Dunu EST112 - $320
New LZ A7 - ~ $320

Thanks.
lol, unless that EST112 has been damaged or anything like that. It is a steal...

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #1,564 of 1,793

Used Dunu EST112 - $320
New LZ A7 - ~ $320

Thanks.

FYI, there's big sales going on now on places like Aliexpress and HIFIGO.

I see the LZ A7 at $285 USD on HIFIGO: https://hifigo.com/products/lz-a7

On Aliexpress, there are at least 9 shops selling the LZ A7. I see the LZ A7 there at $280ish after using coupons, maybe even less if you stack more coupons.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #1,565 of 1,793

graph (8).png

That is quite a V!
Maybe the A7 in Pop-Red mode would be the way to go for an upgrade then.

In fact, the A7 is a great buy because it sounds great and is a chameleon, from reference in Monitor-Black (the way I like it) to V shaped in Pop-Red, as well as treble-head in Monitor-Silver and other tunings.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #1,566 of 1,793
That is quite a V!
Maybe the A7 in Pop-Red mode would be the way to go for an upgrade then.

In fact, the A7 is a great buy because it sounds great and is a chameleon, from reference in Monitor-Black (the way I like it) to V shaped in Pop-Red, as well as treble-head in Monitor-Silver and other tunings.
They are L-shaped (03) and bass-boosted neutral (A7) to me though. But yeah, the A7 is one of the safest iems out there because of the different configurations.

But that used price on the EST112 is a steal if they like that tuning....

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #1,567 of 1,793
They are L-shaped (03) and bass-boosted neutral (A7) to me though. But yeah, the A7 is one of the safest iems out there because of the different configurations.

But that used price on the EST112 is a steal if they like that tuning....
I never quite digested all the different letter designations, "V" is the only one i kind of understand :smile:

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,568 of 1,793
I never quite digested all the different letter designations, "V" is the only one i kind of understand :smile:
V-shaped is when the mids are recessed and does imply boosted bass and/or boosted treble . And neither of them have recessed mids.

Jun 27, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #1,575 of 1,793
received_511134546693676.jpg

LZ A6 with A7's red filters and Sennheiser IE 40 Pro's tips (foams included).

To me, the sound is slightly technically better than Monarch.

I just wish LZ wouldn't have made A7 so...safe. There is virtually no tinkering with A7, it is very good as is, but lags behind A6 in technicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back