LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Feb 6, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #616 of 687
Just got the andromeda which I love, but lz a6 Sound very similar with purple filters but add a touch more bass depth. Anyone else have both?
Haha, and I thought I was the only one to compare the LZ A6 to Andromeda (last years version) and found them to sound very similar. I too found the A6 with better sub-bass and bass depth with a slightly better organic transparency.
Seems like we both are hearing the same, cheers! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #620 of 687
I just purchased one of the last 170usd LZ A6 on alixpress. Deciding factor was the supposedly large soundstage , some people even say one of the largest in IEM sector.
So it slipped into my Monday morning buying frenzy , of courses with a nice PINK balanced cable, can't wait. Will compare to the hyped blessing 2 and fh3

Feb 21, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #622 of 687
I just purchased one of the last 170usd LZ A6 on alixpress. Deciding factor was the supposedly large soundstage , some people even say one of the largest in IEM sector.
So it slipped into my Monday morning buying frenzy , of courses with a nice PINK balanced cable, can't wait. Will compare to the hyped blessing 2 and fh3
And I bought the last 2-pin A6 at the same price:sunglasses:, arrived just now, too many nozzles to try out to even have a first impression, lol. But one think I am quite certain, the A6mini actually is the more interesting pair to me in terms of tonal reproduction.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #624 of 687
I find the A6 doesn't sound like the A6mini at all. Using black filters on the mini and red on the A6. The A6 seems to be much brighter due to the extra BAs and also much less mid-forward. There is a very very noticeable peak on the mini between around 2-3khz (pinna gain?) which I don't hear on the A6. Still too many combinations to be tried out.....

Edit: settled with the Blue filters now, quite happy with the them!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #625 of 687
And I bought the last 2-pin A6 at the same price:sunglasses:, arrived just now, too many nozzles to try out to even have a first impression, lol. But one think I am quite certain, the A6mini actually is the more interesting pair to me in terms of tonal reproduction.
Haha yeah I was after the 2pin version aswell, but the only one available was like 200 usd...so congrats 👍, hope you report back after some more listening time if the sound grows on you after some burning in.

I'm gonna minimize my "collection" for now IF the A6 is as good as some ppl say (esp. soundstage ). It might replace my fh3 and my B2, and the moisture issue shouldn't be a big deal, or should it?

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #626 of 687
Personally the moisture issue hasn't been an issue for me at all, I have fairly small ear canals though and clean them daily, I first tried the spinfit cp100 and they offered far improved fit, but the dual flange cp240 seems to have worked the best for me, very snug fit, where even the cp100, the large nozzle's pressure on my ears is somewhat uncomfortable, I'll probably be enjoying the A6 and screwing with tips for years to come, until the A7 has the same price drop anyway.

Can't imagine a better iem for 230AUD (somewhere around 180 usd)

I have the BGVP screw on tip coming too, which I got incase the moisture issue was too much

Feb 24, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #627 of 687
Haha yeah I was after the 2pin version aswell, but the only one available was like 200 usd...so congrats 👍, hope you report back after some more listening time if the sound grows on you after some burning in.

I'm gonna minimize my "collection" for now IF the A6 is as good as some ppl say (esp. soundstage ). It might replace my fh3 and my B2, and the moisture issue shouldn't be a big deal, or should it?
Yes and I asked the seller for a discount :L3000:. I had been nozzle rolling and noticed something interesting. The red pair is super shouty to me; black is most 'open' sounding but lacks focus; the darker blue pair is good but makes female vocale a little shouty and far; then the other blue pair "30-30kHz" I think makes a good compromise (if any), giving the large stage, very slightly sibilant, highly resolving and balanced vocales and intrumental timbre. The remaining nozzles simply downgrade the A6 IMO.

I didn't know that nozzles can make such a big difference both positively and negatively. Coming from the A6mini only the black nozzle actually works for me the other two are just quite useless as they damp the sound mostly and do nothing else.

If you like big soundstage you really can't go wrong with the A6 with the red, black and blue (both) nozzles.

I don't know what this moisture issue is about. I clean my IEMs almost every hour with alcohol and don't exercise with them.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #628 of 687
Personally the moisture issue hasn't been an issue for me at all, I have fairly small ear canals though and clean them daily, I first tried the spinfit cp100 and they offered far improved fit, but the dual flange cp240 seems to have worked the best for me, very snug fit, where even the cp100, the large nozzle's pressure on my ears is somewhat uncomfortable, I'll probably be enjoying the A6 and screwing with tips for years to come, until the A7 has the same price drop anyway.

Can't imagine a better iem for 230AUD (somewhere around 180 usd)

I have the BGVP screw on tip coming too, which I got incase the moisture issue was too much
I am also waiting for LZ to release the A8 to get the A7 at a discount, lol. The A6 is 165 USD now by the way.

Feb 24, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #629 of 687
I am also waiting for LZ to release the A8 to get the A7 at a discount, lol. The A6 is 165 USD now by the way.
It took LZ about a year to release the A7 after the A6. The A8 is probably a long time away, LZ aint KZ lol. :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back