LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Oct 23, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #573 of 687
Nov 3, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #576 of 687
Which type of cable does the A6 Mini use? QDC?

I think it needs to be changed. :frowning2:
If you have a 2-pin version, it uses a standard 2-pin connector (so not QDC or TFZ/TRN/BLON/etc.), but the female end is deeply recessed into a socket. You'll need to get a cable that has long/narrow connectors that can fit into the recessed area. You also may need to shave a bit of plastic off the ends of the connectors to make them fit.

I can confirm that this KBear copper cable works on the A6 mini, it's a nice cable, sounds good on the A6 mini.

Nov 10, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #578 of 687
Is there LZ representative at Head-Fi?

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #580 of 687
So I bought the A6 mini and paid extra for extra fast delivery. So far I really like the pair. I tried the 3 supplied nozzles and settled with the black pair. The red pair is the most unnatural as I think they just put thick material to filter off the high frequency which also kills some of the low end frequencies. Higher volume is required as a result. The blue pair has V shape character and the treble boost is too sharp for me and these make me to use the black pair. With the black pair I noticed some unnatural sounds too and realized there is a very strong emphasize at around 2kHZ. After dialing down this 2kHz peak I am able to really enjoy the A6 mini. Does anyone have the same listening experience and apart from dialing down the 2kHz peak is there anything else I can do?

Nov 29, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #581 of 687
So I bought the A6 mini and paid extra for extra fast delivery. So far I really like the pair. I tried the 3 supplied nozzles and settled with the black pair. The red pair is the most unnatural as I think they just put thick material to filter off the high frequency which also kills some of the low end frequencies. Higher volume is required as a result. The blue pair has V shape character and the treble boost is too sharp for me and these make me to use the black pair. With the black pair I noticed some unnatural sounds too and realized there is a very strong emphasize at around 2kHZ. After dialing down this 2kHz peak I am able to really enjoy the A6 mini. Does anyone have the same listening experience and apart from dialing down the 2kHz peak is there anything else I can do?

You could order the filters from the full-fat A6 and see if any of them appeal to you. As far as I know all the LZ filters are interchangeable between models.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #583 of 687
I would love to try the filters but I think only the A7 set is available for purchase now.

Bummer. Well the A7 ones should fit too. Otherwise it'll be up to EQ or tip-rolling to get it sounding how you want.

Edit: Penon has both the A5 and A6 nozzles in stock

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #585 of 687
Bummer. Well the A7 ones should fit too. Otherwise it'll be up to EQ or tip-rolling to get it sounding how you want.

Edit: Penon has both the A5 and A6 nozzles in stock

Thanks, I think maybe I should wait for the next price drop for the A6/A7 and use those nozzles instead:ksc75smile:. EQing the peak is fine for me just wonder if other headfiers hear the same. I think $46 including fast shipping is really quite a steal btw, love the A6 mini (after EQ).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back