LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
May 12, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #316 of 687
My pair of the A6 arrived today and I've been testing them a little, but immediately I have to ask for advice about good tips for them. None of the tips they come with stay in my ear. The seal is there, barely, but they slide out very easily. I will have to replace the cable, too.

But I must say I am not happy with the QC on my unit. The glossy surface of the right shell has ugly blemishes on it when observed at an angle and light reflects off it. Secondly, there is something off about the right shell's workmanship because it creaks when pressed against the ear, even very lightly - any sort of pressure. I think it happens at the connection between the nozzle and the shell: thread, flange, gasket, no idea, but I think it happens there. Has anyone else observed this, too?
I use KZ tips, Final Type E tips also works for me.

Sad to hear about the QC with your unit. Not something I heard about before.

May 12, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #317 of 687
I use KZ tips, Final Type E tips also works for me.

Sad to hear about the QC with your unit. Not something I heard about before.
Thank you. For now the medium-sized narrow-bore P1 tips seem to work fine, but I am considering getting a greater selection of tips for the purposes of rolling.

May 12, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #318 of 687
Thank you. For now the medium-sized narrow-bore P1 tips seem to work fine, but I am considering getting a greater selection of tips for the purposes of rolling.
if you want to get the Type E tips you might want to get them through the Final Audio E1000. Not much more expensive and they are my only "true" neutral iem.

May 12, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #319 of 687
My pair of the A6 arrived today and I've been testing them a little, but immediately I have to ask for advice about good tips for them. None of the tips they come with stay in my ear. The seal is there, barely, but they slide out very easily. I will have to replace the cable, too.

But I must say I am not happy with the QC on my unit. The glossy surface of the right shell has ugly blemishes on it when observed at an angle and light reflects off it. Secondly, there is something off about the right shell's workmanship because it creaks when pressed against the ear, even very lightly - any sort of pressure. I think it happens at the connection between the nozzle and the shell: thread, flange, gasket, no idea, but I think it happens there. Has anyone else observed this, too?

I had to do a lot of tips and cable rolling before I found the proper combo. The Final E tips work well as well as Symbio peel, however, Finals are better as they give better bass response for me. I've ordered them via Amazon US.

The cracking sound is totally present as well, especially on the right side. I think it is driver flex, nothing to worry about, but kind of annoying.

May 12, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #320 of 687
I had to do a lot of tips and cable rolling before I found the proper combo. The Final E tips work well as well as Symbio peel, however, Finals are better as they give better bass response for me. I've ordered them via Amazon US.

The cracking sound is totally present as well, especially on the right side. I think it is driver flex, nothing to worry about, but kind of annoying.
Thanks. I have some JVC spirals and Azla sednas coming next week, so I will try them as well. And since everyone here recommends Final E tips, I'll see about obtaining a set, too. And thanks, you reassured me about the creaking, too. Out of curiosity, what cable did you settle on? I have them playing on the Moondrop Starlight cable for now, but the plugs are really hard to put in (I have the 2-pin model).

May 12, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #321 of 687
Thanks. I have some JVC spirals and Azla sednas coming next week, so I will try them as well. And since everyone here recommends Final E tips, I'll see about obtaining a set, too. And thanks, you reassured me about the creaking, too. Out of curiosity, what cable did you settle on? I have them playing on the Moondrop Starlight cable for now, but the plugs are really hard to put in (I have the 2-pin model).
Spirals did not work for me at all, due to bad fit with them, also I think their wide bore is not good for already bright A6s. Did not try Sednas, though, maybe you will have better luck than me.
As for cable, two of upgrade cables I tried made the fit uncomfortable, but once I bought Electro Acousti $40 cable, things started to look better. The fit and sound impressions are really good. Plugs indeed need some mastering the skills of inserting them, but if you are able to do this with the cable you mentioned and you have good fit, that might do the trick 😊

May 12, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #322 of 687
I'm currently using Comply foam tips + black default filter + foam inside the filter mod. The result is incredible for me, it works really well for cutting treble spikes without sacrificing microdetails and soundstage.
1589327600707.png

May 16, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #323 of 687
Well, I managed to get a 5% price reduction from Linsoul on account of the quality issues in the A6.

However, last night when using them I fell victim to the dreaded moisture issue in the pink filter and the sound cutting out (EDIT: just tested this again and I started getting channel balance shift to the left after 3 hours of listening). I guess I'll have to try smaller tips and sacrifice seal if I want to keep using them without having to take off the tips to clean the nozzles every hour or two. I have some eartips coming soon, so I will start rolling.

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #324 of 687
Well, I managed to get a 5% price reduction from Linsoul on account of the quality issues in the A6.

However, last night when using them I fell victim to the dreaded moisture issue in the pink filter and the sound cutting out (EDIT: just tested this again and I started getting channel balance shift to the left after 3 hours of listening). I guess I'll have to try smaller tips and sacrifice seal if I want to keep using them without having to take off the tips to clean the nozzles every hour or two. I have some eartips coming soon, so I will start rolling.
You don't have to clean them..... You just have to blow the moisture away.... Only takes 30 seconds or so and they're good to go (YMMV).

Rather bizarrely I have had better luck using small comply tips where I actually get a better seal...... First time using them I went over 2 hours without channel blockage. Who knows, perhaps my ear canals were just less moist that day, but I have continued using them with a far lower frequency of blockage issues. I did wonder whether the elevated bass from the foam tip perhaps coupled with the narrower bore was less conducive to moist air flow than my normal wide bore spiral dots....

May 16, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #325 of 687
You don't have to clean them..... You just have to blow the moisture away.... Only takes 30 seconds or so and they're good to go (YMMV).

Rather bizarrely I have had better luck using small comply tips where I actually get a better seal...... First time using them I went over 2 hours without channel blockage. Who knows, perhaps my ear canals were just less moist that day, but I have continued using them with a far lower frequency of blockage issues. I did wonder whether the elevated bass from the foam tip perhaps coupled with the narrower bore was less conducive to moist air flow than my normal wide bore spiral dots....
Sweet sacred jumping monkeys, thank you! Blowing the nozzles through is so simple and effective I am wondering how I never thought of it myself.
As for why foams kept you from channel blockage, maybe it's because the foam absorbs moisture from your ear canals until a certain point, which prevents the moisture from depositing on the fabric in the nozzle?

May 16, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #326 of 687
In a couple of days' time, you probably can purchase the LZ A6 for US$210 on Aliexpress. Would this be a good price?

Is this model going to be discontinued? Will it still be sold on 11.11?

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #327 of 687
Sweet sacred jumping monkeys, thank you! Blowing the nozzles through is so simple and effective I am wondering how I never thought of it myself.
As for why foams kept you from channel blockage, maybe it's because the foam absorbs moisture from your ear canals until a certain point, which prevents the moisture from depositing on the fabric in the nozzle?
Lz should start shipping a can of compressed air with each set :D

Seriously though, a can of compressed air should be very useful with these.

Also, what you say about the foam absorbing moisture sounds more plausible.

May 16, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #328 of 687
In a couple of days' time, you probably can purchase the LZ A6 for US$210 on Aliexpress. Would this be a good price?

Is this model going to be discontinued? Will it still be sold on 11.11?
When I ordered mine several months ago they said that they dont make any new ones and said that LZ is working one something new (which I hope/want to be the A7) so most likely it will be sold out and gone when 11.11 comes (my guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back