LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
May 22, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #333 of 687
Do they have an Aliexpress store?

May 23, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #334 of 687
Anyone here have the Shuoer Tape?
I ask as I have them, and my nozzles unscrew (quite easily) and look very like the pic's I've seen of the A5/6 nozzle sets, so Im tempted to get some, but I wondered if any owners have tried a swap between these two?

May 23, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #335 of 687
The Shuoer Tape doesn't have modular nozzles. You must mean the newer model Shuoer Singer iem.

May 23, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #336 of 687
The Shuoer Tape doesn't have modular nozzles. You must mean the newer model Shuoer Singer iem.
Nope, not the Singer (although I wonder if the tips are the same, does the Singer come with more than one set of nozzles?) my Tape nozzles unscrew with ease. I only tried this as I'd read a comment in the Tape thread that someone had removed their nozzle by accident while removing their silicone tip, so I gave it a go, and although fairly tight the first time (I couldn't get the grip required without re-fitting my silicone tip, but I didn't have to resort to tools or anything like that.) The other post would suggest that I'm not the only one with tips that'll come off.
The nozzle and shell are both well formed, and the thread is anodised both inside and out.
Threads are crisp and well cut and finished which leads me to wonder if Shuoer intended to offer swappable nozzles at some point.
Others have said that their nozzles aren't removable though, so who knows.

May 24, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #337 of 687
Latest news from LZ:

Okay, so I just finished chatting with LZ earlier today with a good Chinese friend as an interpreter for both of us. First of all, he apologizes for any miscommunication from his behalf. Two things were miscommunicated. One was the launch date of the LZ-A7, and second was when the actual pictures would be available to the public. First, the launch date for the A7 will be around "mid-October" and not mid-July as initially thought! Secondly, the "pictures" and some "review samples" are suppose to be available in mid-July (or when ready).

So, he apologizes for any misunderstanding, and the late launching due to the corona virus complication, but reassures everyone that you won't be disappointed when the time comes!

-Clear

May 29, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #338 of 687
So... I love LZ A6. What changed? DAP. Fiio M11 was not a good pairing as it turns out. Now with Hiby R5 it's really nice. Black filter + copper cable + E tips, all sounding the way I love and as good as advertised by you when I was thnking about buying it.
It just made me realise how in this hobby finding good pairing can change the perception of certain IEMs.

May 29, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #339 of 687
So... I love LZ A6. What changed? DAP. Fiio M11 was not a good pairing as it turns out. Now with Hiby R5 it's really nice. Black filter + copper cable + E tips, all sounding the way I love and as good as advertised by you when I was thnking about buying it.
It just made me realise how in this hobby finding good pairing can change the perception of certain IEMs.
True, but when the dap costs more than the iem it makes me think about my choices lol.

But HYPE FOR the A7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 29, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #340 of 687
True, but when the dap costs more than the iem it makes me think about my choices lol.

But HYPE FOR the A7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, R5 is actually cheaper than M11. R5 is on a permament $299 deal vs. $400-450 for the M11. So about the same as the A6 when it came out ($299). But anyways, I hope that LZ A7 features better comfort. I think I'm good for now with IEMs I own, but might make an exception for A7 especially if it's an improvement over A6 and sounding much above the asking price.

May 29, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #341 of 687
Well, R5 is actually cheaper than M11. R5 is on a permament $299 deal vs. $400-450 for the M11. So about the same as the A6 when it came out ($299). But anyways, I hope that LZ A7 features better comfort. I think I'm good for now with IEMs I own, but might make an exception for A7 especially if it's an improvement over A6 and sounding much above the asking price.
Yeah forgot the R5 is cheaper. I will probably do my best to hold of on buying a new dap until there is something much better and much cheaper. As I planned to use my m11 for years when I got it.

Have honestly no idea on how they could improve the a6 sound wise. But it does seem like it's gonna have more sound configurations

May 29, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #342 of 687
Yeah forgot the R5 is cheaper. I will probably do my best to hold of on buying a new dap until there is something much better and much cheaper. As I planned to use my m11 for years when I got it.

Have honestly no idea on how they could improve the a6 sound wise. But it does seem like it's gonna have more sound configurations
I'm seriously intrigued to know how A6 is compared technically to other TOTL IEMs like IER Z1R, U12t or Anole VX. It's hard for me to imaging how much better can they be at this point compared to this 200 euro boi.
A7 looks very interesting. I am totally satisfied with how the A6 came out, so for the A7 I just hope that through the BA switches you can controll the thickness of the tones of the mids and high-mids.

May 30, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #343 of 687
I have forgotten to share the translation of the LZ A7 descriptions here. So here we go: (an updated note, I noticed that I didn't translate the suposed "dual piezoelectric driver" that was mentioned from the original text; still, I'm not sure how is that going to work).

- IEM body looking close to A5; they also mentioned that it doesn't make any pressure even to females.
- 7 drivers per side.
- 9.2mm DD. It resembles close to a monitor's "bass driver membrane".
- The new dual piezoelectric driver seems to be imported, and it says that this new driver solves the problem of the noise floor when using adaptors such 3.5mm to usb-c cables for phones; it also has better sound quality than the previous one.
- 4 Knowles balanced drivers. They're mainly used for reproducing midrange and they are also implementing switches for these Knowles BAs; they claim that the changes produced by those switches will be noticeable, being able to increase evenly from 100 to 3k by 4db, and "directly" from 1k to 2k (i'm not sure about the meaning of this, maybe it means that you can manipulate 1-4dbs for 1k and 2k separately?).
- 5 pairs of mouthpieces, 3 pairs of aluminum tubes, 1 pair of steel tubes, 1 pair of copper tubes. They're solving the clogging problem from the filters of the last versions. (I'm also confused about the "tubes" and how are they going to be used).
- The female mmcx conector will be using a "protective version" of it. Mainly to improve connectivity, poor contact and durability.
- The cable is not decided yet, but they're sure that they want to make an upgrade, quality wise.
- The LZ-A7 is not going to be more expensive than LZ-A6.

May 30, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #345 of 687
Fiio M11 was not a good pairing

In my case, LZ A6 does well with Fiio Q5(AM2) and Xduoo X3-II. As long as both are staffed by AK4490EN+OPAs I expected Fiio M11 or M11 Pro is a good way of upgrading.

What was wrong with M11 and what could it be with M11 Pro?

Hiby R5 it's really nice

Do you use it single-ended or Pentacon?

AFAIK R5 is the most neutral sounding Hiby DAP. Where is the critical point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back