LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
May 2, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #286 of 686
Ok, this is driving me mad.

I love these A6 mini but the sound is cutting out so quickly.... sometimes 5 minutes of usage when it happens.

Haven't had shower today so ears not unusually wet....

What are others doing.....can you drill a small vent without totally screwing the sound?

May 2, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #287 of 686
Ok, this is driving me mad.

I love these A6 mini but the sound is cutting out so quickly.... sometimes 5 minutes of usage when it happens.

Haven't had shower today so ears not unusually wet....

What are others doing.....can you drill a small vent without totally screwing the sound?
You may try less isolating tips or other filter with bigger hole (less bassy. I don't know which color is that in case of a mini).

May 5, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #288 of 686
Does anyone have experience comparing the A6 to the FLC8s? I'm looking for an upgrade from the 8s and so far it's looking like either these (LZ A6,) the Toneking T88k, the FiiO FH7 or maybe the IMR R2 Aten. Tbh, I don't know much about sound signatures per se...only that I love the FLC8s on the Red grey, Gunmetal tunning. Thanks!

May 10, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #290 of 686
What would you all consider good up and side grades to the LZ a6 mini?
Upgrade would obviously be LZ A6.

Side grades would be Urbanfun ISS014, Shozy Form 1.1 and Blon BL-03 (mesh mod).

May 10, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #291 of 686

Do you have a link to the mesh mod please?

May 10, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #292 of 686
May 10, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #293 of 686

An upgrade thats not the a6? The a6 is just a little more detailed right? Any build improvements or nah?
Any idea how the a6's compare to the tin t4? The a6 mini made me find out i love treble sparkle and detail and how amazing it is for gaming..

May 10, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #294 of 686
An upgrade thats not the a6? The a6 is just a little more detailed right? Any build improvements or nah?
Any idea how the a6's compare to the tin t4? The a6 mini made me find out i love treble sparkle and detail and how amazing it is for gaming..
That treble sparkle is due to the piezoelectric driver.....A sidegrade is therefore the bqeyz Spring 1..... But that is 3 times the price for only a little overall improvement.... basically the Lz A6 mini at $50 is crazy value.

May 10, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #295 of 686
The a6 was such a massive upgrade for me that I never use the mini anymore and find it a waste of cash because of that. It is mainly a sound quality upgrade (along with more filters) and the extra "loudness" button on it. The rest is the same.

If you like the treble in the mini you will absolutely love the a6. Hard to say if other iems is an upgrade without knowing your preferences.

Shuoer tape with little bit eq (reducing 3,5k hz peak by 2 db) is the most similar sounding iem to the a6/mini.

Moondrop blessing 2 is also an upgrade but very different sound (more analytical than the mini/a6)

May 10, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #296 of 686
That treble sparkle is due to the piezoelectric driver.....A sidegrade is therefore the bqeyz Spring 1..... But that is 3 times the price for only a little overall improvement.... basically the Lz A6 mini at $50 is crazy value.
Hmm..ive seen many sub 200 iem's described as detailed and sparkly, like the tin t4's. But i guess the a6 mini should be regarded in the 100-200 price class even now that its discounted.

If it helps, one thing i find the mini lacking in is cymbals in powermetal. Very specific i know, but it makes it become a bit of a treble soup.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #297 of 686
The best way for you to find an upgrade is to ask yourself. "what do I want to improve or change?". Also what filter are you using with the mini?

May 10, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #298 of 686
Hmm..ive seen many sub 200 iem's described as detailed and sparkly, like the tin t4's. But i guess the a6 mini should be regarded in the 100-200 price class even now that its discounted.
Exactly.

I actually only use it with the red bass filter..... Dark and intimate. From a personal perspective it's the most enjoyable iem in my collection.... which makes me want the A6 as discussed above!

May 10, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #299 of 686
Oh wait, I wouldn't personally buy the A6 because mmxc only... My entire cable collection is 2 pin.

May 10, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #300 of 686
Exactly.

I actually only use it with the red bass filter..... Dark and intimate. From a personal perspective it's the most enjoyable iem in my collection.... which makes me want the A6 as discussed above!
if you use the red filter, then a cheaper way to upgrade is to get the Shuoer Tape and then EQ down the area around 3,5k hz by about 2 db. Costs around 110-130 usd. So you save about 100 usd if you pick the tape over the A6.

Edit: You can pick 2pin for the A6 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back