LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 14, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #2,626 of 5,225
  Before my pair got stolen I was using the black filters + comply tips, they didn't go in as nicely as my CA Novas but they still sounded good with a fun amount of bass. My only issue was that on some edm tracks the vocals were recessed.

If you like less recessed vocals...  have you tried the grays or red front filters?  even greens or possibly blues front filters may bring them out more...

Black front filter's do tone things down in those frequencies you are talking about...

AAaaah but they are stolen...  That sucks.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #2,628 of 5,225
Anyone compared them with the MaGaosi K3?
Would like to know how they stand up against the LZ-A4's.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #2,629 of 5,225
:grinning: I have the original fixed nozzle K3. Against the A4 sound quality wise they are even. Versatility wise with the interchangeable nozzle array, it is hands down the A4. However the updated version of the K3 HAS interchangeable nozzles just like the K1. This should level the playing field. BTW comfort level easily goes to the K3. Their fit is wonderful.

JMHO

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #2,630 of 5,225
:grinning: I have the original fixed nozzle K3. Against the A4 sound quality wise they are even. Versatility wise with the interchangeable nozzle array, it is hands down the A4. However the updated version of the K3 HAS interchangeable nozzles just like the K1. This should level the playing field. BTW comfort level easily goes to the K3. Their fit is wonderful.

JMHO

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Hey TWIN do you have link to the new version?

by the way these look a lot like the Master4 but they do look comfortable and well built

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #2,632 of 5,225
Agree with Twin on the K3 vs A4

Just got the KZ Star tips, so far they are working good. Very comfy.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #2,633 of 5,225
  I thought I had a pair on order but there are real questions if Gearbest can deliver.

They got kicked in the butt by LZ for selling at that discounted price.
You can forget about Gearbest delivering the LZ-A4's anymore.
I took the refund.
They are a joke at Gearbest if you ask me.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #2,634 of 5,225
Before my pair got stolen I was using the black filters + comply tips, they didn't go in as nicely as my CA Novas but they still sounded good with a fun amount of bass. My only issue was that on some edm tracks the vocals were recessed.
They sound weirdly off with comply tips imo. Never experienced that before, maybe it's the nozzle design.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #2,635 of 5,225
I couldn't get a good seal with anything but complys, I guess that's just testament to everyone's ears being different both in what we hear and physically. It was only on some tracks, most sounded fine and I have no clue what was causing it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #2,636 of 5,225
They got kicked in the butt by LZ for selling at that discounted price.
You can forget about Gearbest delivering the LZ-A4's anymore.
I took the refund.
They are a joke at Gearbest if you ask me.

what a sham(e). I thought it was a deal that was too good to be true. Still as I've mentioned before, no regrets for the full price. I still don't get the mid recession thing when we've got plenty of fingers :S lol. Black front nozzles are good but you can tailor the A4 anyway you like...and come out on top :wink:

Feb 15, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #2,637 of 5,225
I couldn't get a good seal with anything but complys, I guess that's just testament to everyone's ears being different both in what we hear and physically. It was only on some tracks, most sounded fine and I have no clue what was causing it.

I think your best luck is to dig in the super growing thread :S

a couple of folks threw in good suggestions as to how get by.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #2,640 of 5,225
I've been listening to Red / Back and Grey / Front for about 3-4 weeks now and i don't think i can ever go back to any other combination. If i go to Green / Front the midrange gets a bit more distance, just enough to make it not as freakishly intoxicating as the Grey / Fronts. With the Greys the midrange is just so lush, upfront and layered it is way too addicting.
etysmile.gif

For anyone still hesitant to try, just do it. The graphs don't really tell anything and its all about trying and hearing for yourself so give Red / Back and Grey / Fronts a chance and listen to music with a lot of vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back