LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 13, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #2,596 of 5,225
Interesting review. Most of us would not be able to pin the issues you found to the engineering limits on various design components or be able to adjust accordingly

That's the beauty of having an amp that can spin many opamp chips. I'm not near places to buy gear, so buying a new amp/DAP each time and finding out it does not match will empty the wallet fast.
I have to wait 10 days or so for opamp chips and its a lot cheaper when you get it wrong.
After owning the MOJO a while, I found the microStreamer and iPurifier 2 comes preeettty close to the DAC section of the MOJO, but with separate amping in front of that I can dial myself vs the presentation being locked inside 1 DAC/amp unit and not dialable/spinable.

I'd love to hear the A4 with MOJO and Vorzuge amp for example. Really meticulously designed gear and see how far A4 can scale.

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #2,598 of 5,225
I've found the A4 to sound great with everything so far: FiiO X1ii, XDuoo X2, Benjie X1 and Audinst HUD-MX2. The XDuoo seems to have the best synergy of the portables so far.

Anyone use a FiiO Q1 or E17k with A4?

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #2,599 of 5,225
  I've found the A4 to sound great with everything so far: FiiO X1ii, XDuoo X2, Benjie X1 and Audinst HUD-MX2. The XDuoo seems to have the best synergy of the portables so far.

Yep, I hear you. You can get a subjective successful hit on all the gear you try them on equally. Nice.

Feb 13, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #2,600 of 5,225
So I just ripped apart my IMM-6 by removing the coupler. Shortly before, I read something about android having a built-in high pass filter for external microphones, which is the reason why all our measurements are crap below 60hz. So there won't be any measurements from me for now.

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #2,601 of 5,225
I'm a bit dumbfounded. So I finally got my hands on a Zen 2.0 (once again), and somehow I found the LZ-A4 to have more groove :S call me crazy!

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #2,602 of 5,225
I'm a bit dumbfounded. So I finally got my hands on a Zen 2.0 (once again), and somehow I found the LZ-A4 to have more groove :S call me crazy!

Does the Zen 2.0 have a more 3D soundstage.

The more I use the A4, the greater my appreciation for what it has achieved.

I understand there are better IEM out there and i wish I could hear them to just to appreciate them but not sure whether justify better is worth it
(Disclaimer I bought Hunter before I ever heard and knew about the A4-- sorry to say I wish I never ordered Hunter as I doubt it will exceed the A4-i know that's off topic)

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,604 of 5,225
So I just ripped apart my IMM-6 by removing the coupler. Shortly before, I read something about android having a built-in high pass filter for external microphones, which is the reason why all our measurements are crap below 60hz. So there won't be any measurements from me for now.

I got your back.

Soon

I know, super late, but better super late than super sorry, haha

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,605 of 5,225
Can anyone who owns both LZ A4 and Sennheiser IE80's comment on the mid bass quality/quantity between the two? Also the soundstage.
I'm mostly interested in Red/Black and Black/Black combo, from what I've read here.

Feb 13, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #2,606 of 5,225
  So, after finishing the A3S review, I've finally had time to dig into the A4.

Holy cow, these things sound amazeballs!

The hype is real with these.

Very happy to see you finally found these guys.

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #2,608 of 5,225
Anyone use a FiiO Q1 or E17k with A4?

I don't have either but I have run it out of the Fiio X3ii directly, which is basically the DAP form of the E17K. Sounds really nice, definitely has more than enough power to drive it.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #2,610 of 5,225

I don't have either but I have run it out of the Fiio X3ii directly, which is basically the DAP form of the E17K. Sounds really nice, definitely has more than enough power to drive it.

Hey there, i am planning to open today the LZ A4 parcell that arrived yesterday from Penon, and willing to drive those with X3ii and E12A.Which filters back/front would you recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back