LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 15, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,642 of 5,225
I've been listening to Red / Back and Grey / Front for about 3-4 weeks now and i don't think i can ever go back to any other combination. If i go to Green / Front the midrange gets a bit more distance, just enough to make it not as freakishly intoxicating as the Grey / Fronts. With the Greys the midrange is just so lush, upfront and layered it is way too addicting.:etysmile:

For anyone still hesitant to try, just do it. The graphs don't really tell anything and its all about trying and hearing for yourself so give Red / Back and Grey / Fronts a chance and listen to music with a lot of vocals.

I've been a big fan of the red / grey combo since I tried it. I really settled on this for my daily use. The only other combo I enjoy as much is black/black but for completely different reasons.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #2,644 of 5,225
Gave the Red Gray another shot...yeah these are really good, mids galore while still maintaining enough top end and bass is full

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #2,645 of 5,225
Gave the Red Gray another shot...yeah these are really good, mids galore while still maintaining enough top end and bass is full

I'm not finding it better than Red/Black, but it isn't far off either. Something about Red/Black just draws me in every time.

I should have the measurements done for every filter (except pink) this weekend. Long overdue

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #2,646 of 5,225
I'm not finding it better than Red/Black, but it isn't far off either. Something about Red/Black just draws me in every time.

I should have the measurements done for every filter (except pink) this weekend. Long overdue

Are you talking Red back Black Nozzle? If so I quickly switched to that setup and immediately noticed a bit more top end but the Gray is a bit more smooth and more mid detailed. To my ears. Funny considering the Blue nozzles were at one point my favorite, now I'm toning down the top end

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #2,647 of 5,225
Are you talking Red back Black Nozzle? If so I quickly switched to that setup and immediately noticed a bit more top end but the Gray is a bit more smooth and more mid detailed. To my ears. Funny considering the Blue nozzles were at one point my favorite, now I'm toning down the top end

Black/Blue is still excellent with slight EQ, but I love the extra oomph of the red back on everything. I still switch filters per week depending on my mood.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #2,648 of 5,225
Black/Blue is still excellent with slight EQ, but I love the extra oomph of the red back on everything. I still switch filters per week depending on my mood.

This is so funny to me. I had to stop and just "settle" on black/ black. Lol

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #2,649 of 5,225
This is so funny to me. I had to stop and just "settle" on black/ black. Lol

no. there is no settling with the A4. polygamy may perhaps be frowned upon, but changing filters is always a healthy lifestyle.never settle brother. you deserve to live life to its fullest! Now go find us a new combo or mod, and do share with us your thoughts on this fantastic experience!

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #2,650 of 5,225
no. there is no settling with the A4. polygamy may perhaps be frowned upon, but changing filters is always a healthy lifestyle.never settle brother. you deserve to live life to its fullest! Now go find us a new combo or mod, and do share with us your thoughts on this fantastic experience!

Exactly! Till now I didn't even have the chance to explore all of the combinations! I think I have yet to try the green filters. Grey, black and grey is something I want to try more. Pink....yea I feel it doesn't work well for me.

I think tips make a big difference too.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #2,651 of 5,225

Exactly! Till now I didn't even have the chance to explore all of the combinations! I think I have yet to try the green filters. Grey, black and grey is something I want to try more. Pink....yea I feel it doesn't work well for me.

I think tips make a big difference too.

Don't let me spoil the fun for you or anyone else. A fair number of us here didn't think much re:grey filters...but they are as good as the red, green, black and blue. I love the A4 because they have this splendid quality to bring out the flavor. For anyone on the fence, think of it like preparing your chicken. You got your syrupy honey, and different spices. You can go for jerk chicken to red curry the next. That my friends is a good value :wink:

btwalvinlim, if memory serves me right, do you happen to match your A4 with a Shanling M2 DAP? Really curious how that pairs up.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #2,652 of 5,225
I love my A4/M2 combo but I just love the Shanling house sound with any decent iem. I too love the flexibility with the A4 filters, currently running blue back grey nozzle and living them:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #2,653 of 5,225
I love my A4/M2 combo but I just love the Shanling house sound with any decent iem. I too love the flexibility with the A4 filters, currently running blue back grey nozzle and living them:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

the Grey nozzle/Blue back is legit! Bro, you must be ecstatic with this combo. I've definitely been impressed with the M2.I can only imagine what this does for the mids and layering...

do share more impressions please! the M2 are tricky to match I find, but totally rewarding when everything gels.

The fact that they sound good with my ihifi770+Rx stack, they have a slightly different result with my Shanling M3 -- talk about sweet singing mids! Curious in hearing more from M2 owners!

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #2,654 of 5,225

I think LZ made a strategic mistake by not approaching Brooko with a demo pair.  His review of the FLC8S had amazing charts showing the effects of various filter configurations.

If you are into graphs Brooko really set a new standard with that review.  Hats off to both Nic and Brooko for their reviews of the FLC8S.

Now we just need to get LZ to send a pair of the LZ-A4 to those two.  I broke down and ordered the A4 because of the great reviews here and my love for the A2.

No, it's just that LZ can't read English and he is running a small business in China (risking his marriage in making IEMs).
Embarrassingly, as friend of his, I'm kinda ignorant about the many excellent reviewers here. 

Thanks @originalsnuffy for recommending Brooko, and thanks @SeeSax for your willingness to lend your A4.
I've just helped LZ ship a review sample to Brooko.

As far as I know, there're at least four fruitful reviews coming. One from Bhazard, one from Hisoundfi, one from Virtu Fortuna and one from Brooko.

beerchug.gif

Edit: Btw, you guys can talk to LZ directly through Taobao, and there is a QQ group, which I'm not very familiar with...

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #2,655 of 5,225
No, it's just that LZ can't read English and he is running a small business in China (risking his marriage in making IEMs).
Embarrassingly, as friend of his, I'm kinda ignorant about the many excellent reviewers here. 

Thanks @originalsnuffy
 for recommending Brooko, and thanks @SeeSax
 for your willingness to lend your A4.
I've just helped LZ ship a review sample to Brooko.

As far as I know, there're at least four fruitful reviews coming. One from Bhazard, one from Hisoundfi, one from Virtu Fortuna and one from Brooko.

:beerchug:  

Edit: Btw, you guys can talk to LZ directly through Taobao, and there is a QQ group, which I'm not very familiar with...

I wouldn't count out Jackpot77 either...unless he's too busy enjoying his A4!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back