LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 22, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #2,808 of 5,225
https://www.amazon.com/3-9ft-Upgrade-Earphone-Cable-Oyaide/dp/B01M06AKI9

-Collin-

Just about to pick that solid core 8-line silver cable myself for A4s off Ali-X.
Fun and games.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #2,810 of 5,225
I found the Red/b Gray/f a little too loose in the bass. Playing around with  Black/b Gray/f now. Man I love these things.

Don't forget to let us know how the black/back and gray/front sounds.
Is the bass better and are mids better in their presentation ?

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #2,811 of 5,225
Thanks.
Cant we find new product.
These are second hand.

Penon has them as well.

Just about to pick that solid core 8-line silver cable myself for A4s off Ali-X.
Fun and games.

Awesome! Hope you can report back. This one is solid copper, so maybe on the warmer side.

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #2,812 of 5,225

My son loaned me his teddy bear for this terrible photo lol

-Collin-

Does that cable have memory wire? You say it neutralizes (somewhat) the A4 signature? Is it DUNU on the penon site or the penon that fits the DUNU?

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #2,813 of 5,225
@lohb, sorry man trying to find that search code recommend you had a while back for a nice silver replacement cable with memory wire. Can you state it again (for aliexpress)?

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,814 of 5,225

My son loaned me his teddy bear for this terrible photo lol

-Collin-

Does that cable have memory wire? You say it neutralizes (somewhat) the A4 signature? Is it DUNU on the penon site or the penon that fits the DUNU?

No memory wire. The brand is Dunu, Penon also stocks it if Amazon is sold out.

For sound, it's hard to say without A/B, but it sounds slightly warmer and a bit more detailed on the top end to me.

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,815 of 5,225
@lohb, sorry man trying to find that search code recommend you had a while back for a nice silver replacement cable with memory wire. Can you state it again (for aliexpress)?

Sent you PM, I forgot that seller is banned on Head-Fi from public promotion/links.

Feb 22, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #2,816 of 5,225

Found it. Ordered the silver 8 core, see if it sharpens up the A4 b/b a bit for me.

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #2,817 of 5,225
I think I may have been a bit hasty in labelling the treble as overly smooth. Having a week or so waiting on a new detachable cable (as the one provided chucked it) I was able to take a wee break from using it daily, which gave me a chance of hearing the LZA4 with fresh ears. This time though I stuck with the SpinFits and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike the Comply foams i was using which tend to put a bit more focus on bass, the SpinFits seem to work the opposite way. They tighten everything up (top to bottom) and put some more air in between things. The LZA4 will never be bright , but with SpinFits it is still vibrant. Little bit of sibilance is only downside.

Feb 22, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #2,818 of 5,225
I think I may have been a bit hasty in labelling the treble as overly smooth. Having a week or so waiting on a new detachable cable (as the one provided chucked it) I was able to take a wee break from using it daily, which gave me a chance of hearing the LZA4 with fresh ears. This time though I stuck with the SpinFits and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike the Comply foams i was using which tend to put a bit more focus on bass, the SpinFits seem to work the opposite way. They tighten everything up (top to bottom) and put some more air in between things. The LZA4 will never be bright , but with SpinFits it is still vibrant. Little bit of sibilance is only downside.

strangely enough, I've been getting sibilance with the Red/Red combo...this has never happened before with any other combo. changed the red with black vents and sibilance is gone and the mids seem more relaxed while remaining highlighted. Try the red vent/ Blue nozzle and you get more (relative brightness) though I tend to raise the white flag not long after due to fatigue. These filters and top matching demands time, but they have their rewards.

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #2,819 of 5,225
strangely enough, I've been getting sibilance with the Red/Red combo...this has never happened before with any other combo. changed the red with black vents and sibilance is gone and the mids seem more relaxed while remaining highlighted. Try the red vent/ Blue nozzle and you get more (relative brightness) though I tend to raise the white flag not long after due to fatigue. These filters and top matching demands time, but they have their rewards.

I really don't think the blue nozzle is done very well. It just pushes treble energy into your face, rather than bringing it out more naturally for an enjoyable experience of treble. IDK, to me the blue nozzle just sounds....cheap I guess....

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #2,820 of 5,225

I really don't think the blue nozzle is done very well. It just pushes treble energy into your face, rather than bringing it out more naturally for an enjoyable experience of treble. IDK, to me the blue nozzle just sounds....cheap I guess....

yeah, hence why my comments aren't really loaded because I know someone out there is more likely to perhaps get more mileage. We all have tolerances re:treble. Like SeeSax, I've been getting great results with Red Nozzle/Black Back -- the highs are just right. bass gets good mileage too and the the stage is nice and wide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back