LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 10, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,546 of 5,225
Not entirely sure my ears are good enough to justify keeping these over the 1More Triple's. The A4's are more than double the price of the 1More's and it does have a better sound, but not sure I'm able to detect the difference enough to warrant keeping these over the 1More's. Might list these on the classified's if anyone in the UK might be looking for a set.

I'll give them some more listening and switch between these and the 1More's.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #1,547 of 5,225
Not entirely sure my ears are good enough to justify keeping these over the 1More Triple's. The A4's are more than double the price of the 1More's and it does have a better sound, but not sure I'm able to detect the difference enough to warrant keeping these over the 1More's. Might list these on the classified's if anyone in the UK might be looking for a set.

I'll give them some more listening and switch between these and the 1More's.

I recommend wearing them over ears. Not sure which tips you've tried. Good luck.

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #1,548 of 5,225
  Try this silver and cooper mix cable ,  it is a excellent cable , , , 

This is another one I dug up before - pure OCC, not OFC copper.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Earphone-Cable-Upgrade-Single-Crystal-Copper-Wire-Detach-Cable-For-Shure-SE215-315-425-535-****/32561710977.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.LPyCVV

Jan 10, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,551 of 5,225

"End game" means many things to many people. To me, there is no such thing. Any time someone says "this is my end game IEM" I sort of chuckle because unless you're going to keep one IEM for the next 50 years and never log into head-fi again, it isn't true. 

That said, LZ-A4 can EASILY be what is considered "end game" for many people. A $5,000 IEM being available on the market does not change anything for many of us. I would urge you to think outside the box and realize that someone can be completely and ultimately satisfied with a product that they greatly enjoy listening to regardless of it's retail price, clout or worldwide status. 

-Collin-

cool.gif
I agree here entirely. I have trouble comparing "HIGH END" or TOTL to other Mid Range and Budget earphones. I do have some experience with JH Audio, Campfire, Empire Ears, Noble, etc. Are they superb ? Yes Are they worth Their pricetags in comparison with something like the A4. NO WAY.  It is simply the law of diminishing returns. They are marginally better across the Board, but in most Cases an All B/A IEM just simply doesn't have the Grit and Growl that a Hybrid with a Dynamic for Bass reproduction provides. I've also found that good sound is NOT found by having 200 drivers in an earphone body. Some of the Best out there have one or two drivers.

Secondly UNLESS you have a source that is so High End that you took a mortgage out on it, like for instance a hiher end Astell & Kern or Lootoo Paw Gold,  Chances are you aren't going to get that much better performance out of an IEM regardless of Cost. I'm using a lowly Shanling M5/Aune B1 combo and the A4's sound absolutely superb with them.

End Game?  I wish I could absolutely say yes....

Just my take on Comparisons.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #1,552 of 5,225

cool.gif
I agree here entirely. I have trouble comparing "HIGH END" or TOTL to other Mid Range and Budget earphones. I do have some experience with JH Audio, Campfire, Empire Ears, Noble, etc. Are they superb ? Yes Are they worth Their pricetags in comparison with something like the A4. NO WAY.  It is simply the law of diminishing returns. They are marginally better across the Board, but in most Cases an All B/A IEM just simply doesn't have the Grit and Growl that a Hybrid with a Dynamic for Bass reproduction provides. I've also found that good sound is NOT found by having 200 drivers in an earphone body. Some of the Best out there have one or two drivers.

Secondly UNLESS you have a source that is so High End that you took a mortgage out on it, like for instance a hiher end Astell & Kern or Lootoo Paw Gold,  Chances are you aren't going to get that much better performance out of an IEM regardless of Cost. I'm using a lowly Shanling M5/Aune B1 combo and the A4's sound absolutely superb with them.

End Game?  I wish I could absolutely say yes....

Just my take on Comparisons.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

What you applied to A4 and high end products applied to some very budgeted and A4 too.
Are A4 worth the pricetag in comparison with some great budgeted? NO WAY. 

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #1,553 of 5,225

What you applied to A4 and high end products applied to some very budgeted and A4 too.

cool.gif
Yangi, You are correct on this as well. Take for instance the two current darlings: The Tennmak Crazy Cello @ $50 and the LZA4 @ $195. Is the A4 4x Better? Absolutely not. It's more versatile with the vast filter Array but when It comes right down to it only Marginally better.

I think what it comes down to it it's HOW MUCH are you willing to pay to get incremental sound improvements.

I'm still Waiting for that $12 IEM that KILLS a ZEUS or ANDROMEDA.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,554 of 5,225
Well, My A4 are finally in-country.  They left Chicago yesterday morning by USPS.  They might be here today or tomorrow.  Or the next day.  Or next week.

Anyway, looking forward to trying these out of my DX90, and Mojo.  I enjoy the (A3s)s so I'm hoping to render those obsolete.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #1,555 of 5,225
These kinda of discussion are great. There are gems at a lot of price points and everyone has their limits to cost.

TwinAC and Yangian comments are so true. The law of diminishing returns happens very quickly at all price points.The problem is Head-Fi, I keep telling myself. Its not me, really its not me.

You read about all these cool products and I want them all. I want to hear them to see if I cant tell a difference that matters, regardless of price. I find myself trying to say NO! But there is that constant nagging feeling it will be worth it.

Jeez, I recently spent like $30 on eartips-JVC spiral dots, Audio, and Spinfit(smaller size than I already had just to know what I size I preferred). I am nuts but you have to have the right fit and for size, right??!! Say yes please....

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,556 of 5,225

cool.gif
Yangi, You are correct on this as well. Take for instance the two current darlings: The Tennmak Crazy Cello @ $50 and the LZA4 @ $195. Is the A4 4x Better? Absolutely not. It's more versatile with the vast filter Array but when It comes right down to it only Marginally better.

I think what it comes down to it it's HOW MUCH are you willing to pay to get incremental sound improvements.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Careful Twin...the next AliExpress listing you're going to see will read "Kills Zeus, Andromeda, etc." and you know it's true 
tongue_smile.gif

-Collin-

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,557 of 5,225

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Really! Which one?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #1,558 of 5,225
Well, My A4 are finally in-country.  They left Chicago yesterday morning by USPS.  They might be here today or tomorrow.  Or the next day.  Or next week.

Anyway, looking forward to trying these out of my DX90, and Mojo.  I enjoy the (A3s)s so I'm hoping to render those obsolete.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the symbiosis with the Mojo...

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,559 of 5,225
These kinda of discussion are great. There are gems at a lot of price points and everyone has their limits to cost.

TwinAC and Yangian comments are so true. The law of diminishing returns happens very quickly at all price points.The problem is Head-Fi, I keep telling myself. Its not me, really its not me.

You read about all these cool products and I want them all. I want to hear them to see if I cant tell a difference that matters, regardless of price. I find myself trying to say NO! But there is that constant nagging feeling it will be worth it.

Jeez, I recently spent like $30 on eartips-JVC spiral dots, Audio, and Spinfit(smaller size than I already had just to know what I size I preferred). I am nuts but you have to have the right fit and for size, right??!! Say yes please....

Haha
biggrin.gif
I ever balamed headfi too. But then I realized the problem was myself. But really appreciate headfi to help me find my end-game one. I still come, but it's not a temptation to me. :)

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #1,560 of 5,225

Wait. You don't own the A4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back