LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 10, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #1,561 of 5,225
One of the only problems I am having with the A4 is the FIT itself.  

It's a little bulky and puts constant pressure on the antitragus of my ear.

Is anyone else having problems with this or find anyway of alleviating it?  or noticing this?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #1,563 of 5,225
Not entirely sure my ears are good enough to justify keeping these over the 1More Triple's. The A4's are more than double the price of the 1More's and it does have a better sound, but not sure I'm able to detect the difference enough to warrant keeping these over the 1More's. Might list these on the classified's if anyone in the UK might be looking for a set.

I'll give them some more listening and switch between these and the 1More's.

I had the 1More Triple driver. I hated the microphonics on it.
To my ears( this is the key) they were good but I felt my Fidue A73 has more clarity and detail but is brighter. The soundstage is better as well on the A73.
The triple driver is smoother and less fatiguing than the A73.
The A4 is in my opinion a nice step up from the A73.

However, if to your ears they are not a good step up then stick with the Triple driver(it's a nice detailed smooth IEM). It only matter what your ear hear and perceives not mine.

I will add that I found that the correct eartip(improved fit)does improve the sound quality on most IEM but really helps the A4 shine and show what it's capable of.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,564 of 5,225
I haven't seen any QC issues posted yet but unfortunately, my right earpiece came faulty. Not the drivers or connection but the thread of the front filter. I saw when I opened the box that one of the filters (blue) is not attached and was beside the earpiece. The other was fine.
Tried to screw it back but I couldn't. I thought the blue filter has some issues so I tried to put the red on - with luck. After a week I decided to try the green filters and then I realized the front thread on the earpiece is faulty and it can't receive any filter anymore.
In general, I find the thread on the filters and on the nozzles as well very short and doesn't feel like a secure connection. Since they're made of aluminum (soft material) I suspect they'll wear out very fast if frequently swapped - even switching tips could cause problems. So be careful. 
For future models, it would be welcome to use at least longer (more stable) threads and/or steel material.
It's a pity to have this problem with by best sounding IEM and hope it's only an exception.
Penon is very helpful in solving this problem.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. This is very similar to what happened to me with my PM4 recently so I know how you feel and it totally sucks. I really hope that it works out to the best for you.

Is anyone else having problems with this or find anyway of alleviating it?  or noticing this?

Do you wear them over the ears?

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #1,566 of 5,225
Could someone tell me the bass nature of this iem, whether it is 100% true to the bass sound in a track or is it coarser sounding like the tk12. Lurk650 TwinACStacks as i know you both have the tk12s and anyone else who knows the bass sound in both iems

Sounds more natural. Will AB more later.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #1,567 of 5,225
Oh , what a joy ... when you have the entire evening to play with a new toy ! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #1,568 of 5,225

Have you tried over the ear? I generally find this helps the bulky feel and adds comfort to my anatomy.

Jan 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,570 of 5,225

Right now it's about 4 hours already A4s in my ears and i even forget they are their just lovely sound waves around my head ( A4 is so comfortable for me)  

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #1,571 of 5,225

So what? Is A4 anything special? We are talking about a general fact.

Fact: You do not own LZ-A4
general opinion can't be disguised as fact. that's misleading. I'm ok with opinions.

If you feel strong about opinions, why don't you a write a review? (maybe because you can't)

Jan 10, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #1,572 of 5,225
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. This is very similar to what happened to me with my PM4 recently so I know how you feel and it totally sucks. I really hope that it works out to the best for you.
Do you wear them over the ears?

Have you tried over the ear? I generally find this helps the bulky feel and adds comfort to my anatomy.

Right now it's about 4 hours already A4s in my ears and i even forget they are their just lovely sound waves around my head ( A4 is so comfortable for me)  

The shape of the bulk is my only gripe, but yes I do wear them over ear.  I exclusively wear over ear..  never down.  

I do sometimes forget they are there, but i have to be careful on fitting them just right to rest on the antitragus.  I can't lay down on my side with them or press them under a hood or it kind of pushes the edge of that outer ring (the cable connects to) into my ear.

This is the one aspect of the IEM I think does need improvement: the ergonomics.  I may be a little fussy in this regard, but I use earphones/IEM's for just about everything I do...  studying, class, television/streaming, and music...  so my ear gets a lot more wear from taking them in and out and having them press against the skin of my ear..  and unfortunately I have sensitive skin, so it gets to be a little much to use the A4's for everything I do...  Lord knows I want to lol

I will still keep them...  I honestly couldn't part with these IEM's...  These are simply too good for the money.  The 3D spatial soundstage is something I have never heard before and it's beautiful.  I can now have listening sessions where I lay back to watch the notes play out in a scene of composition I can see with my ears
rolleyes.gif

I really liked these at first, but now I can say, despite the dam# ergonomics I can live with, that I love these IEM's.  I don't want to go on praising it, cuz it's all been said, and veritably so, especially if you have music that utilizes the stage this IEM can provide...

But it could use better a @#$% of a lot better ergonomics lol.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #1,573 of 5,225

Check Twin's post. and before, a headfier also gave a comments on A4 and ATE, which is <1/20 of A4's price.
BTW, one needs to read context to give a comment.

What are your concerns?  I am genuinely asking.  I have tried the A4 out, maybe I can help you with something.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #1,574 of 5,225

What are your concerns?  I am genuinely asking.  I have tried the A4 out, maybe I can help you with something.

My concern is its soundstage. I have such a bad experience of A2. A2's soundstage is even worse than A1.
I saw people claimed it has a grewat soundstage, but I never saw a comparison with a well recognized product with a good soundstage, like havi. I asked and I know not few people possess both, but no one gave a comment.

And to be honest, I respect other people's oponions. I understand people's listening are so much difference. Today, I didn't have any negative on A4. I just point out Twin's comparison of A4 with much expensive socalled top end products is equally well applied to A4 with much cheaper products and Both Twin and I well agreed with each other. But I don'tknow  why some people just want to find fault.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #1,575 of 5,225
Check Twin's post. and before, a headfier also gave a comments on A4 and ATE, which is <1/20 of A4's price.
BTW, one needs to read context to give a comment.

Well. If you really are that confident. You should post this regard on to other threads here. May I suggest the Campfire Audio Thread? I don't question their quality.

I'm just questioning your authenticity provided how you feel about your iem.

That's a good way to test what your posts are worth in terms of contribution value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back