Lyr 3 - The new Coherence™ and Continuity™ hybrid amplifier from Schiit - Impression & discussion thread
Nov 11, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #1,561 of 3,350
In my opinion, the Gilmore Lite is the perfect solid state amp for people who love tube amp sound! Smooth, warm and musical.

Now you tell me. Would have been good to know BEFORE I purchased 50 tubes for Lyr 3.

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #1,562 of 3,350
Now you tell me. Would have been good to know BEFORE I purchased 50 tubes for Lyr 3.
Rotflmao! I’ll buy a few! So far I have an Electroharmonix, the Russian, Tung Sol & LISST from Schiit...

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #1,563 of 3,350
Didn’t stop me from buying a lot of tubes too...

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #1,565 of 3,350
Hi guys,

Listening to my new Lyr3 and enjoying it greatly :)

However, I noticed a problem when I picked it up to move it slightly.
When I held it and there was pressure from my hand applied on the underside in the middle of the amp, the left channel cut out.
It seems even a moderate pressure on the underside below or near the tube makes the left channel go silent.
This doesn't seem quite normal to me, or is it? Anyone else notice this?

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #1,566 of 3,350
Hi guys,

Listening to my new Lyr3 and enjoying it greatly :)

When I held it and there was pressure from my hand applied on the underside in the middle of the amp, the left channel cut out.
It seems even a moderate pressure on the underside below or near the tube makes the left channel go silent.
I haven't moved it since I set it up, so I wouldn't know.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,567 of 3,350
The Lyr 3 has components mounted on the top and bottom of the main board. I've never attempted to move mine while on and listening, so I cannot speak to whether that is normal or not. Perhaps an e-mail to Schiit support can provide an answer. Please do share it with us when you get it -- I'm curious as to what they say.

Nov 13, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #1,568 of 3,350

You're supposed to fondle the tubes, not the amp. We're all in shock. :slight_smile:

Seriously, that's strange and certainly not normal. Are you sure you don't have (perhaps) a marginal connection on your headphone jack or cable that is losing contact when you handle the amp....just as a coincidence? Other than that, I'm with @Ripper2860 -- shoot an email to Schiit.

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,569 of 3,350
Believe me, I’m fondling the tubes more than the amp :wink: I’ve got three so far, including the stock NOS.

Headphone cable is ok, works fine in other amps. First I thought it was the headphone jack, but I can’t see that it could be as it drops out also when I put pressure nowhere near there.

I’ll email Schiit and see what they say.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,570 of 3,350
Believe me, I’m fondling the tubes more than the amp :wink: I’ve got three so far, including the stock NOS.

Headphone cable is ok, works fine in other amps. First I thought it was the headphone jack, but I can’t see that it could be as it drops out also when I put pressure nowhere near there.

I’ll email Schiit and see what they say.

Three? THREE? When you get to 300, let us know and @Ripper2860 will send you an invitation to the next WHORE meeting (Worldwide Hoarders Of Rare Electronics). He's the founding father.

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #1,571 of 3,350
Three? THREE? When you get to 300, let us know and @Ripper2860 will send you an invitation to the next WHORE meeting (Worldwide Hoarders Of Rare Electronics). He's the founding father.

ROFL :joy:
When I get there I'll let you now for sure..

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #1,572 of 3,350
A wee bit of an exaggeration by @bcowen. You can join at BRONZE LEVEL status after 25 unique tubes. :wink:

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:44 PM Post #1,573 of 3,350
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #1,574 of 3,350
Unfortunately, @bcowen voted against our extending you a membership invitation. Something about previous posting of pictures of tubes along with obscene hand gestures for scale.:wink:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #1,575 of 3,350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back