Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Jun 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #706 of 762
I'm pretty much sold. Got the funds together now. I have a bad ground hum in my place but the power circuit of the HILO is good enough that it doesn't affect either my loudspeaker setup or my headphones. I'm not sure whether it affects absolute recording quality (through the HILO's amazing ADC) or not, but I may find out when I borrow a large battery for HILO. Cheers.

Jun 21, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #709 of 762
I will have my review finished and up by Tuesday. I just sent the HILO back to the distributor. 

And I've saved my yennies because I am having a very difficult time trying to come up with a post-HILO listening world. I've measured its outputs, listened intently for about two weeks, and basically slaved myself to its every output and input. LOVE.

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #710 of 762
I will have my review finished and up by Tuesday. I just sent the HILO back to the distributor. 

And I've saved my yennies because I am having a very difficult time trying to come up with a post-HILO listening world. I've measured its outputs, listened intently for about two weeks, and basically slaved myself to its every output and input. LOVE.

GREAT!

I've seen some measurements against SPL Phonitor 2 (I can't find them now though) - Hilo K.O. WIN!

Jun 23, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #712 of 762
Great review!
Having used Hilo for about a year I tend to agree with most of the statements made. One correction though:

And HILO’s TRS monitor outputs are good, just not as good as its XLR components. Probably, they are hooked up to the same DAC as the headphone amp

Hilo actually contains 3 separate DACs: one driving the headphone amp, one for the line out (XLR) and one for monitor (TRS). The line out DAC consists of 2 chips per channel giving it extra 3dB of dynamic range, compared to the other two.

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #714 of 762
Nov 1, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #715 of 762
Now that you've had it for a while, whaddya think? Are you a Hilo devotee like the rest of us kooks?

Are you serious? If I didn't have this wonderful device... I'd be on the streets. Although, it was a very serious investment for a man that is still filling out his lighting needs for his studio. But I love it. LOVE it.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #716 of 762
I'm just getting set up but wanted to post. I'll post a better picture later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back