Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Jan 6, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #46 of 762
I was thinking maybe a month from now to make sure no problems unforeseen may show and gives some time to gather funds.

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #47 of 762
So I dropped another $$$ on DSD downloads, this time from Channel Classics.  Again, I got one album I already have as a hi-res PCM file (Pieter Wispelwey performing the second Shostakovich cello concerto and the Britten third suite for solo cello), and one I didn't (Wispelwey and Dejan Lazic performing the Shostakovich, Prokofiev, and Britten sonatas for cello and piano).

The Britten is, I think, the most realistic solo cello recording I've ever heard.  And the piano sound is just to die for.

The Hilo is threatening to blow a big hole in my wallet.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #49 of 762
Jan 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #52 of 762
Quote:
I just purchased a Hilo and am very excited about its arrival!

I think you'll enjoy it a lot.  Please share your impressions.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #53 of 762
I wish there was a thread in the Dedicated Source forum. This piece of gear definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves and I would've totally missed out on it if it hadn't been for another member suggestion.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #55 of 762
I wish there was a thread in the Dedicated Source forum. This piece of gear definitely doesn't get the attention it deserves and I would've totally missed out on it if it hadn't been for another member suggestion.
A few reviews will be just the ticket and it will be your honor to start one. You've beat me to ordering. Silver or Black?

For any interested that already has a USB/spdif converter, I've been given a price of $1725 for the unit without USB, $1850 with. It's being sold by a local pro audio store so PM if interested in a contact there.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #57 of 762
Quote:
Santacore, how well does the Hilo's HP amp cope with the LCD3?

Also, does it have a remote control?

I actually just pulled my LCD-3's back out after a few months of being in the closet. They are sounding great with the Hilo and Stratus, but I haven't used them with the Hilo alone. I'll have to try to dig up a 2 x XLR>1/4" adapter to give them a run.

This Hilo is really sounding great and has me completely satisfied.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #60 of 762
Quote:
Humph. Argentum melius est.
biggrin.gif

Sir, I have no idea what you just said, but it sounded good.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back