Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company.
Nov 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #496 of 762
True. I recently sold my old Apogee Mini Dac with firewire interface. It was better over firewire then any other convertor i ever used. 

The Lynx USB interface is also used for their Aurora convertors. I would be very surprised if it had a shabby driver. 

Nov 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #497 of 762
  True. I recently sold my old Apogee Mini Dac with firewire interface. It was better over firewire then any other convertor i ever used. 

The Lynx USB interface is also used for their Aurora convertors. I would be very surprised if it had a shabby driver. 

The driver appears to be just OEM repackaged TheSycon, so it might be hardware. Does it draw power from USB?

Nov 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #498 of 762
Nov 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #499 of 762
Nov 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #500 of 762
The question was about USB receiver, not unit itself.
Tis a good question. I've toyed with the idea of removing the 5v lead connection into the Hilo but this would be bad if the USB receiver is powered by the USB power bus.

I've asked this on the Lynx support forum. I'll get back when responded to.

I've been given some assurances that the next firmware update should be soon. It could have come in handy lately as my touchpad display has gone black and I can't use it. The Hilo is going in this week for service. I hope to have it updated while in. Will see.

Nov 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #501 of 762

The question was about USB receiver, not unit itself.

Tis a good question. I've toyed with the idea of removing the 5v lead connection into the Hilo but this would be bad if the USB receiver is powered by the USB power bus.

I assume you can do an experiment by modifying a cheap standard USB cable(?)

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #503 of 762
I stared myself silly at the pictures here (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LTUSB/). There seems to be only 2 lines leading to the USB connector. Then again, is probably a multilayer board. So this isn't really usefull information. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #504 of 762
  My neighbor has a HILO and I use 20,000mAh Anker battery with my LDR and Adnaco units. We can test it out. Looks llike 9-18v DC for Hilo so we can test with the 12 or 16v setting.

Any result?    
Some articles mentioned Hilo needs 4.5A to boot, and 1.6A at run time,   so need a >5A    power supply.

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #508 of 762
  If it really makes a difference, then I'd rather wait for the USB3 one since it will most likely be cheaper and still have a high bandwidth.  

I asked the Lynx reps about USB 3.0 at T.H.E. Show Newport back in May.  I don't remember their response verbatim, and they were a little coy about it, but the clear import of what they said was that a USB 3.0 interface wasn't going to happen.

Dec 10, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #509 of 762
There was a comment earlier in this thread that the TB interface would be 350 Euros more.

Has anybody had a problem with their display going blank? I failed to mention it here but I received mine back from being replaced and it went out again within a minute of being brought back up. Soft boot didn't bring it back up.

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #510 of 762
Has anybody had a problem with their display going blank? I failed to mention it here but I received mine back from being replaced and it went out again within a minute of being brought back up. Soft boot didn't bring it back up.

HC, I have not had any problem of any kind with my Hilo. The display has worked flawlessly. Sorry to hear that your is being plagued by a problem. Perhaps the power supply is overvoltage and burning out the displays? . . . just one of many possible scenarios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back