Luxury & Precision (LP) Portable USB DAC/AMP W1 and W2 (The new W2-131 Version is Available, Related Info on Post #1)
Jan 29, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #4,966 of 5,299
Any reason not to provide same FW for W2 OG and 131? But on the other hand if it's different signature, not everyone will be happy with the change.
No idea. Maybe the FPGA needs to be reprogrammed on a machine so a simple firmware update that turn regular W2/-131 to ACG might not be feasible, or maybe L&P just thought this is a good enough reason to have a limited edition.

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #4,971 of 5,299
I bought the ACG version, sadly I don't have the OG nor the 131 to compare to this. But so far I'm enjoying it.
IMG_3208.jpg

Feb 20, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #4,972 of 5,299
I bought the ACG version, sadly I don't have the OG nor the 131 to compare to this. But so far I'm enjoying it.
IMG_3208.jpg
Nice lookin case. Does it come with ASG or did you get it separately?

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #4,975 of 5,299
Congratulations, nice little DAC. Just hoping they will bring other features or release a more advanced one soon.
What sort of things are you looking for in a USB dongle DAC. Two years ago it was the best dongle out there what has changed to make the current version outdated?

This beat mid-range DAP's two years ago and it still does today.

The only thing I would like is lower power consumption but I can't see anything in the semiconductor market that's been released in the last two years that could fix that issue.

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #4,976 of 5,299
What sort of things are you looking for in a USB dongle DAC. Two years ago it was the best dongle out there what has changed to make the current version outdated?

The only thing I would like is lower power consumption but I can't see anything in the semiconductor market that's been released in the last two years that could fix that issue.
How about volume buttons, screen, eq, balanced, digital output, filters.......oh wait- W2 already has it all!

There are newer dongles that sound different and some more powerful, but I still like W2 the best after owning M15, RU6, and others.

On my personal list, I have two small wishes: more earphone profiles and MQA support. Both can be accomplished through firmware update and wouldn't require a new unit. I know MQA is frowned upon and for good reasons, but I'm stuck with Tidal here in Canada; while earphone profiles have been measured to do little but attenuate the treble, I still like using them very much with my Xelento and Z1R.

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #4,977 of 5,299

Lower power consumption up to -35% is possible with this gold usb cable made by L&W. I have it and it is wonderful but I didn't test exactly the power consumption but is definitely much lower then the included cable.

Attachments

• IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #4,978 of 5,299
Lower power consumption up to -35% is possible with this gold usb cable made by L&W. I have it and it is wonderful but I didn't test exactly the power consumption but is definitely much lower then the included cable.
Did they build in extra resistance into stock cable? LOL.

Feb 24, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #4,979 of 5,299
Did they build in extra resistance into stock cable? LOL.
I can't see how a cable will make any difference regards power consumption either, unless its one of those cables that allows the device to be plugged in with a charger too.

I do have one of those cables BTW and for desk usage it allows me to top up my phone and listen at the same time but not really very portable. I get less than five hours usage streaming from my phone with the W2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back