Luxman P-1 loaner program
Dec 27, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #46 of 141
I pulled the trigger on Monday.

I am soon to be the proud father of a brand new baby-Luxman P-1.

If it wasn't for Todd's loaner program, I would have never even known about this gem.

Thanks Todd. You-da-man!

People, grab this amp while you can. It is a world class offering that compliments any headphone from a ER4P to an R-10.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #47 of 141
Todd, not sure if this loaner program is still running, but if so any possibility someone on the upcoming list is also on your HD800 pre-order?

Hearing the P1 in Marin with several Senns, my immediate thought after the HD800 announcement was 'Oooh it they sounded that good with the DAC1, wonder how they'd be with that Luxman!' Would be very curious of anyones feedback.

Jan 14, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #48 of 141
HI Blessingx,

You could be on the list for a loan if you would like. There are 2 people ahead of you. One should be receiving it in a few days. There would be approx a 5 week wait for you to get it. After that I am taking my amp back and having fun with it.
evil_smiley.gif

Todd

Jan 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #49 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....Hearing the P1 in Marin with several Senns, my immediate thought after the HD800 announcement was 'Oooh it they sounded that good with the DAC1, wonder how they'd be with that Luxman!' Would be very curious of anyones feedback.

That is a pairing (HD800/P-1) that has me giddy with high expectations. It will be the first combo I run when my HD 800 arrives.

Jan 14, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #50 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a pairing (HD800/P-1) that has me giddy with high expectations. It will be the first combo I run when my HD 800 arrives.

You and me both! I thought of the P-1 while I was in the HD800 room at CES (and suggested to Senn that they should get one) and then somebody mentioned the TTVJ/Millett 307A amp as a possible match and that has been the other one I am dying to hear it with. As for my own amps, I want to get a balanced cable in time for arrival so I can hear on the SDS-XLR and Balanced Beta22, but the stock HD800 combined with the P-1 really is truly drool-worthy.
drool.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #52 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI Blessingx,

You could be on the list for a loan if you would like. There are 2 people ahead of you. One should be receiving it in a few days. There would be approx a 5 week wait for you to get it. After that I am taking my amp back and having fun with it.
evil_smiley.gif

Todd

Todd, if there is room, please put me on the list.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #54 of 141
I find myself really curious to hear a high end Solid State amp.
Anyone know where one might get to hear a P1 in Canada?

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #55 of 141
Hi All,

The P1 is booked up with 3 listeners right now. I will add you tyrion (I have your shipping info) so you will be 4th in line. Spasticteapot, if you can wait and want to be the LAST one to get in on this loaner program, I will let it go for a few more weeks to accomodate you.

This P1 is my unit so I am starting to miss it and would really like to try it with my new HD800's when they arrive. That said, I will have to suffer
icon10.gif
with the 307A for now. So let me know if you two want on the list for sure and I will get it arranged.

Iceclass, where in Canada are you? I could try to find a dealer there or maybe you can come to Montana for a listen. Once I have completed this loaner program I will also make it available for some Head-Fi meets so maybe you can catch it there. And of course I will be at the International Head-Fi meet in LA with it and my 307A amp and many other goodies. So maybe you can make that trip and hear a ton of great stuff!

Todd

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #56 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

Iceclass, where in Canada are you? I could try to find a dealer there ..

Erm...I'm left of Greenland and there isn't a dealer of anything beyond a pair of crap shack RCA connects for MILES!

I do however pass through most big Canadian cities a few times a year and was hoping there might be a dealer and audition possible.

I'd love to make the LA meet though.
o2smile.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #57 of 141
You can send to NightWoundsTime, tyrion, boomana, or me (whomever you trust most - yes, I know that's a tough one). We will check it out, get it to the meet, and be sure everyone listens and makes comments. If you throw in something nice, we may even snap a few photos.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #58 of 141
Luxman P-1 ordered today! Todd will arrange shipping direct to me for less travel time and bumps along the way! Yay! Thanks Todd! Now, when is he going to be able to ship that HD800 that Jude says mates with it so well (as I was sure it would from my listen to the HD800 at CES!).
popcorn.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #59 of 141
You won't be disappointed. It is still my favorite dynamic amp.

Feb 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #60 of 141
Al, from what I have read about the 800, and what I have heard out of the P-1, it has the makings of a truly great combo. The P-1 is smooooth. I am very much looking forward to your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back