Luxman P-1 loaner program
Oct 8, 2008 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 141

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

This loaner program is a very limited loaner program and I can only take 2 people to audition this. I would like it to be someone with high end sources and headphones - this is a high end amp and deserves to be reviewed with like equipment.

Same rules as with other loaner programs. 1 you get it for 2 weeks and then are resonsible for sending it to the next person (or back to TTVJ). While you have it you will post impressions of the unit for everyone here to read. You will treat it with care and make sure it remains in as new condition. And you must have fun!

E-mail me with your Head-Fi handle, the associated equipment you will use for the review and your shipping and contact address.

Todd

Oct 8, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pick me, pick me, pick me!

Todd ... ignore the man behind the curtain, and just send that bad boy down to the Tampa meet happening Nov 15th. Actually, if you do send it for the meet, Voltron can carry it home with him for an extended visit.

You can send to NightWoundsTime, tyrion, boomana, or me (whomever you trust most - yes, I know that's a tough one). We will check it out, get it to the meet, and be sure everyone listens and makes comments. If you throw in something nice, we may even snap a few photos.

email on the way to you ...

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #5 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI All,

This loaner program is a very limited loaner program and I can only take 2 people to audition this. I would like it to be someone with high end sources and headphones - this is a high end amp and deserves to be reviewed with like equipment.

Same rules as with other loaner programs. 1 you get it for 2 weeks and then are resonsible for sending it to the next person (or back to TTVJ). While you have it you will post impressions of the unit for everyone here to read. You will treat it with care and make sure it remains in as new condition. And you must have fun!

E-mail me with your Head-Fi handle, the associated equipment you will use for the review and your shipping and contact address.

Todd

That is very generous of you Todd. I wish I wasn't focusing on getting my new turntable up and functioning and then kicking back and enjoying.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 141
Todd,

I only wish I had the sources to do this justice, but I don't. I do appreciate you making this available for those that do. Can't wait to read the reviews.

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #7 of 141
If you can stretch the 2 to 3, I wouldn't mind going further into debt if it's as good as it should be.

Oct 10, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #8 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd ... ignore the man behind the curtain, and just send that bad boy down to the Tampa meet happening Nov 15th. Actually, if you do send it for the meet, Voltron can carry it home with him for an extended visit.

You can send to NightWoundsTime, tyrion, boomana, or me (whomever you trust most - yes, I know that's a tough one). We will check it out, get it to the meet, and be sure everyone listens and makes comments. If you throw in something nice, we may even snap a few photos.

email on the way to you ...

As always, Gene is the voice of reason, but he has it backwards. I can bring it with me to the Tampa meet (carry-on) and then pass it to one of those fine folks with fine systems (like Gene) who could take a turn and then ship to the next person. Win-win-win.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 141
Hi All,

Here is how it is going to go down...

Voltron will be getting it this week! I sent it out to him yesterday in time for the Marin meet. He will either take it with him to Florida or send it to me ( I may attend the Chiunifi in Chicago with it) but it will be in Florida for the meet there. Gene will have it first followed by another 2 Floridians - Brian W and Miguel A.
It will then go to Stevie O or Immtbiker depending on some circumstances (both of you will get a chance to listen if you want). SO I hope you all have fun with it starting on Friday with Voltron.
I did use it for a week and will keep my thoughts on this for those who call me to ask. I look forward to reading all of your feedback.

Todd

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #11 of 141
This is my current reference amp, and can't believe, for as long as it has been out (but not in a U.S.-voltage version until this year), that we haven't learned much about it up to now. The only reason I finally got a chance to hear it was because the distributor (who brought Luxman back to the U.S.) contacted me to ask me if I'd listen to it to tell him what I thought about it. I listened to it, and knew I had to buy it.

Oct 16, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #13 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...It will then go to Stevie O or Immtbiker depending on some circumstances (both of you will get a chance to listen if you want). SO I hope you all have fun with it...

Egg-cellent. Thank you Todd!
beerchug.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 141
Quote:

Awesome! Thanks for supporting meets and continuing your great loaner program, Todd.

Yes ... mad props to Todd for his support of the Head-Fi community.

Quote:

The Luxman Has Landed! Very excited to hear this beast and bring it to the Marin Meet tomorrow.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just hope you NorCal oafs don't break this beauty before it makes its way to Florida.
angry_face.gif

j/k, of course, and glad you tin eared flower children will have a chance to listen and comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back