Luxman P-1 loaner program
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #63 of 141
HI Al,

Your P1 will be on its way in a day or two! Thanks for your business and ENJOY!!! I really miss my P1 and await its return from a long run in the loaner program. I have heard from a very good source that it is a real good match with the HD800. (OK so you should be able to figure out who told me by WHO has a P1 and an HD800 to audition...)

Tyrion,

I have added you to the list. There are 2 folks ahead of you and then it will go to you.

Spasticteapot,

I never heard from you and you are not yet on the list. If I hear from you and there is enough time before CanJam, I will include you. That will be the end of the P1 loaner program for now.

Todd

Feb 10, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #64 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HI Al,

Your P1 will be on its way in a day or two! Thanks for your business and ENJOY!!! I really miss my P1 and await its return from a long run in the loaner program. I have heard from a very good source that it is a real good match with the HD800. (OK so you should be able to figure out who told me by WHO has a P1 and an HD800 to audition...)

beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #66 of 141
The fact that the P-1 has three headphone jacks is interesting. Based on the schematic that I saw, I wonder if this is for hi-med-low or (2 (#3 & 2)) for balanced input and (1 (#1)) for coaxial.

For those that own or have heard the P-1, which one did you prefer?

Is pass on or off preferred?

Has anyone tried the P-1 with the GS-1000?

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #67 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fact that the P-1 has three headphone jacks is interesting. Based on the schematic that I saw, I wonder if this is for hi-med-low or (2 (#3 & 2)) for balanced input and (1 (#1)) for coaxial.
For those that own or have heard the P-1, which one did you prefer?
Is pass on or off preferred?
Has anyone tried the P-1 with the GS-1000?

All 3 are equal single ended outputs.

The Pass switch is just to defeat the tone control, and to me, it sounds better without introducing the tone control circuit.

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #68 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pass switch is just to defeat the tone control, and to me, it sounds better without introducing the tone control circuit.

I agree. Heard this first-hand at the NYC meet in December and the difference was noticeable.

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #69 of 141
I just received the P1 via Todd's very gracious loaner program and will be posting my comments as things settle in. Right now here's the set-up I'm using to evaluate the P1: iMac with iTunes and AIFF files ->Weiss Minerva-> ASI Liveline 1m XLR-> P1->ALO cabled Edition 9s. Lessloss powercords on P1 and Minerva. Powerconditioning via Isoclean transformer & line conditioner. Oyaide XXX wall outlet. My current headphone amp is a Yamamoto HA02.
I'm fairly new to headphones but not the audiophile hobby. A recent move left me without a listening room, so my office is now my listening room. As it's too small to support a credible speaker set-up, I opted for the headphone route and have been really pleased. I'll try to post my comments relative to gear I've owned in the past.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #70 of 141
I am hosting a meet on March 7, 2009. I don't know whether this would time out right but it would be great if there was a chance that the P-1 could make it here by 3/5 or 3/6 so it will be available for the meet. If it requires someone to change places with me, I would agree to only keep it for the weekend and ship out on 3/9. Todd, if it's supposed to be back to you by then, no problem. I know you miss it.

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #71 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am hosting a meet on March 7, 2009. I don't know whether this would time out right but it would be great if there was a chance that the P-1 could make it here by 3/5 or 3/6 so it will be available for the meet. If it requires someone to change places with me, I would agree to only keep it for the weekend and ship out on 3/9. Todd, if it's supposed to be back to you by then, no problem. I know you miss it.

i would to love it to be there as i didnt get alot of time with it last time.

happy_face1.gif
happy_face1.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #72 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would to love it to be there as i didnt get alot of time with it last time.

happy_face1.gif
happy_face1.gif

You will get plenty of time with one, since I just bought one. Needless to say, the demo unit does not need to be sent to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back