LP6 Ti 199 -- The Most Expensive and Technical Advanced Portable Player on The Planet?
Jan 24, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #497 of 503
Hi @Kiats ,
when you "stream" audio files via bluetooth to one of your L&P daps how do you set up the volume of the bluetooth receiver and of the bluetooth transmitter ?
I mean what would be ideal in this case?
For the P6P DAPs, a lot of the android DAPs I use to stream BT, the DAP automatically sets the volume at maximum. And then I control at the P6P side the eventual volume. Easier to control as far as I am concerned. :)

When I use the coaxial cable from the DX300 or DX320, it seems to be same thing, as in the android device seems to just go maximum volume and I control from the LP6.

Mar 7, 2024 at 11:45 PM Post #499 of 503
Interesting announcement from LP in respect of a new interconnect:
https://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309405009615934062839

Rough English translation :

"Use the core to make new benefits" continue to explore the potential! Polar WY series upgrade line & 6 series new firmware officially released"

A few years ago, the 7-series new flagship E7, which has been polished for 2 years, came out; after the year, our polar WY1 upgrade line and 6-series DAP new firmware were also launched.

Polar WY1 Upgrade Line

At this stage, the power consumption of the player and small tail is getting higher and higher, and the power of the internal battery or mobile phone is "overstretched", which has led to the emergence of WY series wires, through which the potential of the device and the battery life anxiety can be solved together.

Worry-free power supply, DAP & small tail continue to dive

When high-performance devices such as LP6 use USB DAC or use W4 small tail to connect mobile phones, the power supply is greatly limited (especially the iPhone), so it is impossible to load such a large amount of power, and the sound quality is not as good as connecting to a tablet/PC. Many hifi devices with high nominal thrust on the market cannot achieve nominal power once they are powered by mobile phones. Some large thrusts and small tails are used with iPhones, and the actual effective power can reach half of the nominal capacity. If you use high-quality Y-wire and connect mobile power supply and other equipment with higher power supply current, you can obviously give full play to most of the advantages and greatly improve the actual thrust.

Worry-free battery life, Y-line gameplay solves power consumption anxiety

An independent and pure power supply, with a high-quality Y-line, can not only improve the actual thrust, but also greatly relieve the endurance pressure of the mobile phone. This is the second reason why we launched the Y-line. Many enthusiasts who use small tails feedback that they are always worried about consuming too much power on their mobile phones on weekdays, so they dare not continue. If you use the Y-wire connection method to take power from third-party devices, there will be no additional mobile phone power consumption, thus solving battery life anxiety.

Worry-free quality, more exquisite material selection/design and performance

The WY line adheres to the excellence of Lepi. During the design, we found that if the Y line is line, there are many impurities in the wire core, the internal resistance is high, and the conductivity is average. There will be a current transmission bottleneck. We especially choose a single-strand 114-core single-crystalline copper + single-crystalline copper silver-plated wire base, and use a higher welding standard to achieve an internal resistance as low as 20 milli-ohms per strand, which can bring stronger transient performance to the system and make WY1 more suitable for high-end DAP & small tail.

Interestingly, in the R&D test, we found that Lepi's little tail W4 EX with WY line, because the power consumption of the former is too low and the internal resistance of the latter is too small, it may cause some mobile power supply to automatically cut off because the continuous current is less than 100mA, or simply cannot start. What a happy trouble. Most mobile power supplies can try to press the function key for a long time and enable the small current mode to work normally. Fortunately, only W4EX has this phenomenon at present.

For the convenience of daily use, the total length of Polar WY1 is 30cm, and the official retail price is 499 yuan. For purchase-related inquiries, you can contact local dealer stores

A much better translation is at Jaben SG's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/4f8yd1RMGRJdV8xp/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #500 of 503
Adding photos from the above Weibo post:

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg

IMG_3572.jpeg

IMG_3573.jpeg

IMG_3574.jpeg

Mar 8, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #501 of 503
Just sharing another channel of announcement of the WY1 and information about new firmware for the LP6s and P6Pros:

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/tFiCPc6jLhWx695ZVhRB4Q

I would assume that for outside China, the easiest way is to reach out to your local distributor. :)

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #502 of 503
Mar 26, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #503 of 503
Quick question regarding LP6 Ti. I have a 1 TB micro sd card and I’m utilizing non oversampling. Low gain. My battery is just draining at an exponential rate and it concerns me. I play all sorts of flag files at different bit rates and tonight I even had mp3 going and lost 10% in 20 min of listening. Is there anything to be concerned with this battery life? It just drains faster than any other player I own and I love this unit but it’s beginning to frustrate me with lack of consistency for longer listening sessions. Does anyone have any settings you utilize to extend battery life. And I don’t charge it to 100%. Thanks in advance. Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back