LP6 Ti 199 -- The Most Expensive and Technical Advanced Portable Player on The Planet?
Jul 18, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #361 of 503
I am seriously contemplating a LP6Ti 7th Anniversary. I am currently on the Sony WM1Z with the "K" Mod - Ultimate X.

IEM wise am on the Empire Ear Legend X but also considering upgrading to oriolus traillii iem.

I know these 2 upgrade are very heavy on the wallet. Lets just say i am being paid damn freaking well recently.

Most importantly, i want to know if these upgrade (DAp & IEM) is going to make my music sounds any better.

Thanks.

Jul 18, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #362 of 503
I am seriously contemplating a LP6Ti 7th Anniversary. I am currently on the Sony WM1Z with the "K" Mod - Ultimate X.

IEM wise am on the Empire Ear Legend X but also considering upgrading to oriolus traillii iem.

I know these 2 upgrade are very heavy on the wallet. Lets just say i am being paid damn freaking well recently.

Most importantly, i want to know if these upgrade (DAp & IEM) is going to make my music sounds any better.

Thanks.
If you like the R2R sound, your music a little warm and forward, there's nothing better than an LP6 TI or 7AE at the moment, if you can live with the spartan UX/UI. The 7AE is tuned a bit mids forward, like being right in the midst of the singer/musician, otherwise, not much in it between the 6Ti and 7AE imo. The Bird, well, I didn't think it was that good to begin with so maybe I am not the one to ask. Anyhow, I have both the 6Ti and 7AE, no point in keeping both so if/when you decide you'd like to spend your new found wealth on an LP6, make me an offer for either, we'll talk. 😊

Aug 17, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #364 of 503
I have Fir Audio Xenon 6 Universal headphones and PWAudio 1960s cable will they sound good with LP6 7AE ?

I think it depends on the music you like and taste. I thought 7AE brought out needed mids for Xe6 but 7AE doesn't have the deepest subbass or treble sparkle like iBasso DAPs (in my case). With my DX240, Xe6 was more "fun".

Nov 8, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #365 of 503
what do people think of the sp3000 vs the LP6 Ti, which one is better? I have tried the sp3000 in black and ss. I prefer the black. Sadly never ever tried the TI, I have the lp6 gold. So to help me, is the lp6 Ti better for sp3000 for those who have tried it. So either spend the money on getting a new sp3000 at that cost or getting a TI second hand at that cost? Thanks

Nov 8, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #366 of 503
what do people think of the sp3000 vs the LP6 Ti, which one is better? I have tried the sp3000 in black and ss. I prefer the black. Sadly never ever tried the TI, I have the lp6 gold. So to help me, is the lp6 Ti better for sp3000 for those who have tried it. So either spend the money on getting a new sp3000 at that cost or getting a TI second hand at that cost? Thanks

I had SP3000 for about week and didn't quite enjoy what was hearing comparing to what I heard on LP6 TI AE.
A big stage with high level clarity but should I say lack of personality? It fails to get me excited. As for user interface SP3000 definitely creams.
Hope to see LP7 TI coming out but looks like project's been dropped as no one talks about it any longer.

Nov 9, 2022 at 1:04 AM Post #367 of 503
I had SP3000 for about week and didn't quite enjoy what was hearing comparing to what I heard on LP6 TI AE.
A big stage with high level clarity but should I say lack of personality? It fails to get me excited. As for user interface SP3000 definitely creams.
Hope to see LP7 TI coming out but looks like project's been dropped as no one talks about it any longer.
thanks

Nov 9, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #368 of 503
more like delayed because of the continued disruptions due to the Zero Covid policy in China. :)

Nov 27, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #369 of 503
I'm thinking of buying a source digital convertor for LP6. Has anyone used the LP6 days using it's coaxial in, does it sound as good as it's internal SSD.

Dec 3, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #370 of 503
I found the SP3000 less better on live music. The LP6TI captures everything with better sound stage and feeling of depth and space but that's just me but I am biased towards LP6 range. Just love this sound. Most of my friends prefer SP1000 SS or SP2000 CU instead of the SP3000.

Anyway, anyone heard anything about the LP7? It seems with the shortage of chips and no collaboration with Intel it seems like LP7 will never be as good as the LP6TIs?
Anyone can comment on this?

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #371 of 503
I found the SP3000 less better on live music. The LP6TI captures everything with better sound stage and feeling of depth and space but that's just me but I am biased towards LP6 range. Just love this sound. Most of my friends prefer SP1000 SS or SP2000 CU instead of the SP3000.

I'm curious what music worked better on SP3k? Did you mean that it was better with studio recorded music, which is most of my library, lol :sweat_smile: I always find A&K's tuning un-engaging. I respect how neutral and resolving they are but it doesn't make me want to listen to music... still waiting to get a chance to try SP3k though.

Anyway, anyone heard anything about the LP7? It seems with the shortage of chips and no collaboration with Intel it seems like LP7 will never be as good as the LP6TIs?
Anyone can comment on this?

I didn't know about dropping the Intel collaboration. Is that true?

There was a rumor about a modular DAP from L&P. I wonder if all efforts are going in that direction?

Dec 3, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #372 of 503
I'm curious what music worked better on SP3k? Did you mean that it was better with studio recorded music, which is most of my library, lol :sweat_smile: I always find A&K's tuning un-engaging. I respect how neutral and resolving they are but it doesn't make me want to listen to music... still waiting to get a chance to try SP3k though.

I didn't know about dropping the Intel collaboration. Is that true?

There was a rumor about a modular DAP from L&P. I wonder if all efforts are going in that direction?
The SP3000 is so quiet in the background that it feels too manufactured. If you listen to Miles Davis or some live jazz sessions I don’t feel I am there whereas with the LP6 it captures everything.

In terms of LP7 what I hear is from other audiophiles in the HK community. That is something I cannot confirm and asking the question myself here? 🤣 I am dying to get the next LP7 DAP. But cannot imagine LP topping the 7AE in terms of the sound. Wondering what else they can tweak and how they will do it?

Dec 3, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #373 of 503
Dec 3, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #374 of 503
Going with homegrown FPGA is actually not a bad idea. They can do far more FPGA customization with locally sourced items than intel.

I put a pause on buying RS8 after remembering LP7 is just around the corner (I heard within 6 months).

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #375 of 503
Going with home grown FPGA is actually not a bad idea. They can do far more FPG A customization with a locally sourced items than intel.

I out a pause on buying RS8 after remembering LP7 is just around the corner (I heard within 6 months).
I had the RS8 demo unit with me. It does not quite have the depth/noteweight or richness that I have come to expect from R2R DAC players, having experienced it from the Tera Player to P6Ps to LP6s. Not to mention, the weight is not ideal. The width also makes it unwieldy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back