LP6 Ti 199 -- The Most Expensive and Technical Advanced Portable Player on The Planet?
Mar 6, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #91 of 503
For P6, no I didn't, anyways enjoy your products and move on, don't get bitter about others owners asking for improvement, it is a genuine feedback.

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #93 of 503
Luxury & Precision devices are SCAM.

I bought LP5 before. Its OS has the WORST programming EVER..... the device was extremely difficult to use because of its poor OS. Its touch screen was terrible. It wasn't better than my $50 prepaid android phone overall. I couldn't believe they were charging over $500 for the crappy device.

Personally, I hope Luxury & Precision will disappear forever.
There's misleading statement , LP5 is using phiscal buttons to control everything , the display screen is only for DISPLAY . Are you sure you got a real LP5 as attached picture which from official website ?
1.png

Mar 10, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #94 of 503
There's misleading statement , LP5 is using phiscal buttons to control everything , the display screen is only for DISPLAY . Are you sure you got a real LP5 as attached picture which from official website ?
1.png
oopsie! Reminds me of the time I put on the wrong headphones from my rack, and was really bummed out that I weas getting no sound from either Youtube via USB, or Roon, via ethernet...... (yestderday, btw)....

I guess you have to actually plug corded headphones into the headphone socket on your 'amp' to actually get sound out of them..... doh!!!

Mar 16, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #95 of 503
Is there somebody who reviewed this DAP? What this in comparison with AK SP2000?
Im intersted only in sound quality comparison, not usability or FW/SW quality.

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #98 of 503
1.png
strange claims. Which sank pretty quickly anyway...

Oct 2, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #99 of 503
Is there somebody who reviewed this DAP? What this in comparison with AK SP2000?
Im intersted only in sound quality comparison, not usability or FW/SW quality.
Owning both the SP2000 and the LP6 gold, no doubt: LP6. :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #101 of 503
...and just waiting to hear the 7th anniversary edition, with supposed better tuning. Wonder if they got over the number of tracks limit?

I am not sure which FW that LP6 Ti is on now, but there was a major release recently for the LP6. I have actually been using the 1TB microSD card with the LP6. Though, admittedly, I do spend a fair bit of time using it as a USB DAC out of my iDevices as streaming source.

Yes, the LP6 Ti AE would be most interesting. And it gives those of us who missed the original Ti edition to have an opportunity to have it. I understand that there will improvements under the hood based on LP’s learnings when working on the LP7. :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #102 of 503
I am not sure which FW that LP6 Ti is on now, but there was a major release recently for the LP6
My LP6-Ti is on 1.0.1.4, my lp6-gold was just updated too. I had to re-format the 1tb card before I could try it in the Ti but my memory is that I had one in there but the machine would only see 12000 tracks. So I just split the library onto two 512gb cards and put one in each with just under 12k tracks on them.

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #103 of 503
My LP6-Ti is on 1.0.1.4, my lp6-gold was just updated too. I had to re-format the 1tb card before I could try it in the Ti but my memory is that I had one in there but the machine would only see 12000 tracks. So I just split the library onto two 512gb cards and put one in each with just under 12k tracks on them.
Ah OK. I have not quite noticed that. But even when my 1 TB card was almost full, I added in new albums, I could see those.

Ah… you are most dedicated @DaYooper. I’d imagine that most people would keep either the LP6 Gold or the LP6 Ti but not both. I may find myself that crossroad: if you don’t mind me asking, why did you decide to keep both? :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #104 of 503
I'm a collector. I was looking for the Ti when someone offered me the Gold. I saw no reason to sell the gold right away and with the track limit it seemed like the right thing to do to keep them both. I listen to the Ti mostly though. I've already pre-ordered the 7th anniversary version too so selling one or the other may come back up. But I really don't like selling them cheap just to get rid of them.

Oct 2, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #105 of 503
Makes sense. How is the Ti vs the Gold? You are one of the few, if not only person I know who has both. :)

Agree on selling cheap just to get rid of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back