Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 6, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #7,937 of 9,241
NiceHCK SkyFlag (7N Litz OCC and 6N Silver Plated OCC)
Part of my 11.11 haul

At this end of the pricing spectrum ($32 USD, on sale) I'm happy if the cable doesn't negatively impact the playback. As I'm buying more for the look and feel. SkyFlag: mission accomplished, for both aesthetics and texture

Not really a con, but whereas the PurpleSE' ear hooks are pinched/closed (causing a tight clamp around my ears). The SkyFlag is the opposite, a big open loop; which is much more comfortable, but doesn't loop around my ear seamlessly.

KZ ZS7 (1).jpg

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #7,938 of 9,241
NiceHCK SkyFlag (7N Litz OCC and 6N Silver Plated OCC)
Part of my 11.11 haul

At this end of the pricing spectrum ($32 USD, on sale) I'm happy if the cable doesn't negatively impact the playback. As I'm buying more for the look and feel. SkyFlag: mission accomplished, for both aesthetics and texture

Not really a con, but whereas the PurpleSE' ear hooks are pinched/closed (causing a tight clamp around my ears). The SkyFlag is the opposite, a big open loop; which is much more comfortable, but doesn't loop around my ear seamlessly.

KZ ZS7 (1).jpg
Looks quite neat, how flexible and soft is it?

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #7,940 of 9,241
Any suggestion for a Sennheiser HD25-1 II with a 2.5mm connection?
I have seen a few cables on aliexpress (lunashop or something) but I doubt the cable would fit in the headband cable gutter like the original cable do. It seems to thick.
If anybody has feedback to share on this it would be great :)

Dec 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #7,945 of 9,241
hello, I was looking for a MMCX to 3.5mm cable with a mic for my FiiO FD3, and found this one on AliExpress: is this good, and if anyone tried it is the microphone decent? Thank you in advance
Too few sales, virtually no reviews and 100% rating. Store looks suspect, I'd go elsewhere! Very few real stores have 100% ratings, somewhere between 95% and 98% is more reliable.

TRN, FAAEL, Openheart, XINHS, ivipQ or Jcally are all worth checking for MMCX cables with MIC.:L3000:

Dec 7, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #7,947 of 9,241
Too few sales, virtually no reviews and 100% rating. Store looks suspect, I'd go elsewhere! Very few real stores have 100% ratings, somewhere between 95% and 98% is more reliable.

TRN, FAAEL, Openheart, XINHS, ivipQ or Jcally are all worth checking for MMCX cables with MIC.:L3000:
I found this one from XINHS, it seems fine to me as it ticks every box: it has silver MMCX connectors, a mic, looks pretty nice and sturdy/durable (i think) and has a straight 3.5mm jack instead of an angled one; have you got any other suggestions that match all this kind of features or am i good to go with this one? Thank you, once again :)

Dec 7, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #7,948 of 9,241
I found this one from XINHS, it seems fine to me as it ticks every box: it has silver MMCX connectors, a mic, looks pretty nice and sturdy/durable (i think) and has a straight 3.5mm jack instead of an angled one; have you got any other suggestions that match all this kind of features or am i good to go with this one? Thank you, once again :)
XINHS cables are well built and reliable. The store is reliable and ships quickly. I haven't heard any of their microphones to know what the sound quality is like. I regard mic on a cable as more of a convenience feature for taking phone calls. They will also make cables to your preference is you want to change the length or types of fittings. Right angled plugs are handy for mobile use as they tend to sit better in a pocket etc. XINHS also come packed in a very nice case. If you order more than one cable they will pack several together in one case. So it is in your interest to order them individually! :ksc75smile:

Dec 7, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #7,949 of 9,241
XINHS cables are well built and reliable. The store is reliable and ships quickly. I haven't heard any of their microphones to know what the sound quality is like. I regard mic on a cable as more of a convenience feature for taking phone calls. They will also make cables to your preference is you want to change the length or types of fittings. Right angled plugs are handy for mobile use as they tend to sit better in a pocket etc. XINHS also come packed in a very nice case. If you order more than one cable they will pack several together in one case. So it is in your interest to order them individually! :ksc75smile:
Thank you so much for the advice, I appreciate it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back