Low end. Cheap. Generic. Otherwise bang for buck cable thread!
Dec 8, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #7,951 of 9,241
Cheap cheap cheap
IMG20221208171846.jpg

Kbear chord and kbear glaze
Not too soft not too hard, just perfect
Xinhs and nicehck are good, but the prices goes up really fast for their mid range cable...

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #7,953 of 9,241
Just some some impressions on the Nicehck BlackCat.

Tried them on Penon Serial, FAN 2, Shozy 1.1, Truther Zero.

Clearly has that extra weight to the sound, probably some resistance going on. If I like it?
Yes and No. The details taking a little step back and bass isn't as defined. It's best paired with a bright IEM lacking some oomph.

What I don't like, a little thick and scraggly cable. Has a little memory so it is not straight when in use. Bought it with 3.5mm jack, the jack is a little small. So on my Hiby I get lower volume on or no volume because of bad fit in the output connection.

Attachments

• PXL_20221208_161251863.jpg
    PXL_20221208_161251863.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Dec 9, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #7,954 of 9,241
Just some some impressions on the Nicehck BlackCat.

Tried them on Penon Serial, FAN 2, Shozy 1.1, Truther Zero.

Clearly has that extra weight to the sound, probably some resistance going on. If I like it?
Yes and No. The details taking a little step back and bass isn't as defined. It's best paired with a bright IEM lacking some oomph.

What I don't like, a little thick and scraggly cable. Has a little memory so it is not straight when in use. Bought it with 3.5mm jack, the jack is a little small. So on my Hiby I get lower volume on or no volume because of bad fit in the output connection.
The jack housing is actually quite wide so if the access to the 3.5mm plug on your device is a bit narrow (eg. bulky case) then it will tend to be insecure. I ended up having to do a bit of surgery on my phone case to use stock cable on OH1, for the same reason. :L3000:

Dec 9, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #7,955 of 9,241
No case, 2 devices has been loose. Probably just some manufacture error.

Dec 9, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #7,957 of 9,241
I have both BlackCat and Purple SE in 4.4mm plug and they fit perfect in my BTR7.
I agree the BlackCat is a little loose on bass. I use it with FD5 but I think is better suited for my FH3 lol.
Did receive my Purple SE for my Zetian Wu and they have a great match lol
IMG_20221209_160426.jpg

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #7,958 of 9,241
I have both BlackCat and Purple SE in 4.4mm plug and they fit perfect in my BTR7.
I agree the BlackCat is a little loose on bass. I use it with FD5 but I think is better suited for my FH3 lol.
Did receive my Purple SE for my Zetian Wu and they have a great match lol
IMG_20221209_160426.jpg
I'm seriously considering doing the same thing! That's a pretty good colour match.:ksc75smile:

Dec 10, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #7,959 of 9,241
Yes it is a great looking cable indeed. Feels soft and sturdy. Brings some weight in the tonality and Zetian Wu sounds great with it. Got this on Black Friday for only $18 with coupons. Not sure if it changes the sound drastically but it sure feels like an upgrade 🙂

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #7,962 of 9,241
Are you able to force it in @lgcubana ? I have had cable before that was so tight I had to use much more than normal force, and this was a + 100$ cable.

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #7,963 of 9,241
Are you able to force it in @lgcubana ? I have had cable before that was so tight I had to use much more than normal force, and this was a + 100$ cable.
I applied more pressure (straight press and with a twisting motion) than I’m comfortable with normally using, to seat an MMCX connection. As the LZ A7 that I was using for the testing was part of the same order. And if the LZ got damaged, I would’ve returned it as well. but no go.

To the naked eye, it appears that the recessed, split connection is compressed. Not the correct round shape. I’ll get out my macro lens and see if I can take a proper pic.

[edit to add]
my hand was too shaky, for the macro lens to take a clean shot. In natural sunlight it’s hard to make out any deformities. Could be that the PurpleSE was made to slightly tighter tolerances than the LZ A7 can accommodate. But the other two cables that tried both snapped in fine, on the LZ A7.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #7,964 of 9,241
Do not buy the NiceHCK PurpleSE, MMCX

Just the MMCX
. I also bought a 2 pin and that one works properly

Two cables, three bad connections. none of them have a tactile click and no sound is produced
PurpleSE bad connections.jpg
I have 2 of the MMCX version of the PurpleSE and both have been fine. But given how many stores were selling these at increasingly discounted prices, I'm not surprised that QC issues came up. NiceHCK must have ramped up production for these either before or during the sales. :triportsad:

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #7,965 of 9,241
Hi everyone. I'm new here and was looking for a cable recommendation for my Aria Snow, my only pair of IEMs, as I dislike the stock cable included with them - it's as a Christmas gift request. I'm new as you can probably tell and don't have much experience with this; my current 'amp' is a generic Samsung USB-C to 3.5mm converter. I only use my phone as a source - FLAC and MP3, never streaming services - for these IEMs as I use over the ear headphones when at home using my PC. I was recommended the Tripowin Zonie by an acquaintance I very vaguely know, but wanted both a second opinion, and information about if there is a slightly more expensive cable - maybe up to about $40 or $50 - with equal cost:performance ratio as the Zonie - it would also be nice if it was available in a light blue colour or similar :sweat_smile:

I'd also be open to a portable DAC but not really looking to spend too much on that at this time, so I understand if it's better to wait until I'm more willing to commit to one. I listen to a wide range of music genres although tend towards shoegaze and electronica such as techno and drum and bass. I don't listen to much classical, jazz, western, folk or country. My favourite band is probably Talking Heads and my favourite techno musician is Rezzett, to give you examples of styles. I know that the Aria Snow isn't really ideal for some of this music; I received them as a gift earlier in the year and they're already a significant upgrade over the Xiaomi HD in-ears I was previously using. I'm in New Zealand so ordering from an Asian vendor is fine, even preferable. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back